GDT-Flames @ Devils-7PM

Renato Rodrigues

jeez that's like the 9000th errant unlucky high stick we've gotten in the past 4 games.

Wind kind of came out of my sails yesterday when the Isles lost (not that I expected them to win) but the task seems especially impossible now...not really that into this game

kicked, yes, but it went in off the goalie, not directly in off Carter's foot. They won't give it to him, but it's a goal. Sorry ref, Toronto. If he had kicked it directly in, I'd believe the ref, but this is a pretty poor call

kicked, yes, but it went in off the goalie, not directly in off Carter's foot. They won't give it to him, but it's a goal. Sorry ref, Toronto. If he had kicked it directly in, I'd believe the ref, but this is a pretty poor call

Exactly. If you kick it into the goalie, it hits him and goes in.. That's a goal, isn't it?

It didn't go directly in off his kick.. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rule.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It doesnt matter if it goes in off the goalie, the initial "shot" was a kick without hitting the stick of Carter.

Exactly. If you kick it into the goalie, it hits him and goes in.. That's a goal, isn't it?

It didn't go directly in off his kick.. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rule.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No, if you kick it and it only touches the opposing team's goalie and then goes in its not a goal. This is confirmed rule and its in the rule-book.

What I wasn't sure about is if you kick it off of yourself (not your stick). I thought that might count.

The rule specifically states it doesn't matter if it deflects off the goalie or any other player, what matter is if the kick was what propelled the puck into the net. If carter does not kick the puck, it's not a goal, so they made the right call and it's hard to argue.

For anyone wondering why that was not a goalm
49.2 Goals - Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net. A goal can not be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player,goalkeeper, or official.

Clearly no goal

cant believe chico actually explained that replay of the non goal pretty well

Edited by bobilly45