Jaromir Jagr MVP, Ryan Carter Player's Player, Andy Greene Unsung

msweet

NEWARK— The Devils held their annual team awards fan event Tuesday and Jaromir Jagr was voted Most Valuable Player by his teammates.

The Players' Player Award went to Ryan Carter while defenseman Andy Greene was voted Unsung Hero.

Assistant coach Mike Foligno presented Greene his award; assistant coach Scott Stevens gave Carter his award and assistant coach Dave Barr presented Jagr with the MVP award.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/04/devils_teammates_vote_jaromir_jagr_mvp_ryan_carter_players_player_and_andy_greene_unsung_hero.html

Andy Greene is overqualified for his award. In 2010 it was a good award for him, but not this year. That award has historically gone to a Pandolfo or a Brylin type. Greene is the real deal and an MVP candidate.

Having said that, happy he was rewarded.

To a degree you could say he is unsung 'around the league' given the disgraceful way he was overlooked by team USA.  He certainly isn't unsung by Devil fans or the staff at this point though.

Andy Greene is overqualified for his award. In 2010 it was a good award for him, but not this year. That award has historically gone to a Pandolfo or a Brylin type. Greene is the real deal and an MVP candidate.

Exactly right

He'll get rewarded with a big fat "C" hopefully next season.

To a degree you could say he is unsung 'around the league' given the disgraceful way he was overlooked by team USA.  He certainly isn't unsung by Devil fans or the staff at this point though.

This, the award was perfect for this reason. Though, I kind of agree with DR33 - enough already, we know how good he is.

I'm with the point that Carter can come back, he has really become a "Pandolfo" like player, minus the constant PK'ing that Pandolfo did a lot of.  Carter yay, Bernier and Gionta, nay nay.  Greene should be captain as long as Lou can show Salvador the door.  At this point I'd much rather see Salvador go than Volchenkov.  As for Jagr, absolutely yes.  He has been healthy all year long and that's phenomenal for a 42 year old.  Hopefully his training regimen keeps him going strong for next year as well....It makes me really happy that we can bring in a player such as Jagr and have him enjoy playing here moreso than Philly, Dallas, or Boston.  That's if he comes back. 

this carter/pandolfo talk always makes me laugh. i think it's the fact that it's a bottom 6 guy wearing #20.

pando's strength was his defensive play and PK. he wasn't much on the cycle and i always felt he didn't know where to be in the offensive zone which was funny considering that he was an offensive player in college.

carter is hardly used in a PK role, but can cycle effectively and basically doesn't lose his position in the defensive zone.

gionta hasn't been as bad as in years past and i think he's reached "mascot" status but i don't want to be complaining about him next year and i just have a feeling that we will be (especially with his brother back playing wing which is something i can 100% see lou doing).

Gionta's turned into a passable 4th line center.  NJ really suppresses shots against with him out there.  He's certainly better than what we've thrown out there some years.

yes, but i think josefson could do the same and, because of his size alone, i think he could be a better player.

if carter-josefson-zubrus is next year's 4th line, with sislo as the 13th F i'd be very happy.

yes, but i think josefson could do the same and, because of his size alone, i think he could be a better player.

if carter-josefson-zubrus is next year's 4th line, with sislo as the 13th F i'd be very happy.

I would love this too!

trouble is that josefson's shots against aren't close to gionta's, and he has better zone starts.