clowe

2ELIAS6

not a thread to flame this guy, just to discuss his future here a little bit being we have him for another 4 seasons..which may be 4 seasons too many.. as far as i know and could find there is no further news on his current injury which is clearly another concussion... thats 2 concussions he's had alone this season? or am i wrong was it 3? i know he has had a history of them before landing here in nj.. how many concussions can one take before its going to become an actual health problem.. its quite clear at this point just from looking at this season alone that he will continue to be a fragile type player and the likes of him continuing to be prone to getting head injuries are high..do we think he will end up remaining healthy enough to finish out his contract here? if he doesn't what would be the outcome of it? him retiring on his own? with one buyout left i don't think we will use it on him.. i like him for the most part as a player but he does us zero good if he's injured for half a season every year.

he's a contridiction. at this point, the only thing he brings is toughness and rare flashes of quick hands and shot. having your physical play leader  concussion prone kind of defeats the purpose. yes, we need his type of role on this team, but the value is just not there.  its a bad value contract

can't agree with you more. he's a shell of his former self .  because of his style of play, he has a shorter shelf like.  I didn't like the signing, not about him specifically, but the terms.  I think Lou will make him retire. He , like Crosby will be like Muhammed Ali in his 50's

He doesn't need to be bought out. His salary would be paid by insurance and wouldn't be counted against the cap if his career ends due to concussions, a la Savard and Pronger. If he's healthy, he's a very useful player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think the buyout is going to come into play, it's obvious Clowe will be done inside a year and a half at the rate he's been going the last two-three years.  It probably should be sooner for his own good,to be honest.

Even if we do buy him out, it has to be a normal buyout.  We can't use a compliance buyout on him.  The contract was worth the risk imo.  One, LTIR is always an option. Two, he's exactly the kind of player we need.  Three, this contract won't kill us.  It's practically impossible for any team to sign a contract that would cripple their team.

He doesn't need to be bought out. His salary would be paid by insurance and wouldn't be counted against the cap if his career ends due to concussions, a la Savard and Pronger. If he's healthy, he's a very useful player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree 100% with this.

thats what i was wondering about really.. how many more concussions can the guy take before he has to give it up already and retire.. with the condition his head has to be in i couldnt imagine he could go through much more of getting knocked around

A few weeks ago people wanted to make him captain.

they must've been smoking something if they wanted to make clowe captain thats got to be a joke.. but then again salvador is our captain and thats a pretty big joke too so Edited by 2ELIAS6

they must've been smoking something if they wanted to make clowe captain thats got to be a joke.. but then again salvador is our captain and thats a pretty big joke too so

Nobody wanted to make him captain.  Some people just talked about how he plays like a leader because he hits, fights, and sticks up for his teammates.  That's all that thread was about.  He was also very good in the 46 games he did play.

Nobody wanted to make him captain.  Some people just talked about how he plays like a leader because he hits, fights, and sticks up for his teammates.  That's all that thread was about.  He was also very good in the 46 games he did play.

thats his role..to hit fight and stick up for his teammates ... hes supposed to be an enforcer same role clarkson was suppose to have here but as soon as he brought 30 goals to the table and helped the team out even more then what he originally was signed up for so to say he was garbage if he didnt continue to do it over and over again..people are crazy.. but back to clowe.. hes our enforcer with a dented melon and i just wonder what the near future will bring for him

The fvck is wrong with you? Do you have any control over what you post?: There were plenty of posts in 'that thread" (I love how you omit the title because it's called "Captain Clowe") in support of Clowe as captain. I am not saying it is bad to want Clowe to be captain, I am saying that I have no idea why you even took issue with my point:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133487

You were even the first person to reply to the thread, and with exuberance.  :doh1:

Edited by Neb00rs

thats his role..to hit fight and stick up for his teammates ... hes supposed to be an enforcer same role clarkson was suppose to have here but as soon as he brought 30 goals to the table and helped the team out even more then what he originally was signed up for so to say he was garbage if he didnt continue to do it over and over again..people are crazy.. but back to clowe.. hes our enforcer with a dented melon and i just wonder what the near future will bring for him

I don't understand this post.  Are you saying Clarkson is a more valuable player?

The fvck is wrong with you? Do you have any control over what you post?: There were plenty of posts in 'that thread" (I love how you omit the title because it's called "Captain Clowe") in support of Clowe as captain. I am not saying it is bad to want Clowe to be captain, I am saying that I have no idea why you even took issue with my point:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133487

You were even the first person to reply to the thread, and with exuberance.  :doh1:

1. I never actually said Clowe should be captain.

2. You do realize that the title was sarcastic, right?  He didn't actually suggest to make Clowe the captain.  That thread was just a "praise Clowe" thread.

Not trolling, just genuine curiosity... Why do people think this? He's injury-prone, relatively new, and on the downside of his career with a diminishing and very streaky skill-set.

The injury issue is real, but no one on this team seemed to rally the troops the way Clowe did as the playoffs became more realistic.   He leads by example and much like Stevens tried to will his team to victory.   This team NEEDS that type of leader.

No disrespect to Andy Greene, or Elias or Jagr.

I don't understand this post.  Are you saying Clarkson is a more valuable player?

1. I never actually said Clowe should be captain.

2. You do realize that the title was sarcastic, right?  He didn't actually suggest to make Clowe the captain.  That thread was just a "praise Clowe" thread.

I like how my reply will be preceded by a post by someone levying for Clowe as captain. 

And no Barney, the title was not sarcastic.

I love Clowe and really wish he could stay on the ice. He's infinitely better at his job than Clarkson ever was, he just can't seem to ever show it. He's definitely a team leader type. I'll take part of the blame for his latest concussion. I should've known he was going to get hurt once I told my buddy my next jersey was going to be a #29.

I'm curious to know how he's doing.

Honestly I think most of us are of the opinion that he looked like he was one big hit away from forced retirement.. And he got hit pretty hard.

Hopefully he's back next year healthy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk