2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Flyers hit the post, Rags come back and make it 4-1

Philly was really atrocious today. start to finish

The hilarious thing is that Emery wasn't bad at all.  The Flyers tried playing their normal toolbag hockey that makes Pittsburgh lose their minds but the Rangers didn't bite.  Hank broke more of a sweat in warm-ups than during the game.

St. Louis ties Chicago in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd going to OT.

OT Contest:  CHI- Versteeg  STL- Ott

So far, every Game 1 has been high scoring.

MTL vs TB: 9 goals

CBJ vs PIT: 7 goals

DAL vs ANA: 7 goals

PHI vs NYR: 5 goals

CHI vs STL: 7 goals

MIN vs COL: 9 goals

LA vs SJ: 9 goals

To add to this point, every game has featured a team that scored at least 4 goals.

Edited by Mike Brown

All the first games of Round 1 aren't over yet, and I'm already wiped.

Seriously, man these have been some great games..

Go Blues! And how can you not love the Avs?

They'd have to be crazy to let Stastny hit FA by the way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Burns EN goal.  6-3 Sharks.  BTW, for all the complaining we did for the Devils blowing leads, there sure is a lot of playoff teams blowing leads too. BTW, I'm not excluding myself.  I did my share of being critical of the Devils as well in that regard.

Edited by Mike Brown

The crazyness of the 1st round is out in full force already. An old fashioned triple OT game, and I just saw Patty Roy pulled his goalie down 1 with 3 minutes left. I believe he pulled the goalie against NJ with over two minutes left, and it completely exhausted the Devils. Roy's reaction after the tying goal was priceless too. Love the emotion.

I just hate that the 4 best Western teams are meeting in the 1st round. I'm rooting for San Jose and St Louis in the West. Both fanbases deserve a Cup run.

Edited by devilsrule33

I have this damning feeling the Rangers are going to win it all.

If the Rangers win then the Rangers win it. Sather has pretty much mortgaged the team's near future for one shot at the cup so go for broke I guess.

I know we have a  good amount of Yankees fans on here, but they operate with a similar MO of signing up all the big name free agents. The Heat have done the same thing. I hate both those teams and have lived through their championship purchases. You just say, "Oh well" and move on.

Edited by CarpathianForest

I still don't think the Rangers have what it takes. Not when there's Bostons or Detroits or Pittsburghs in the mix, and we're not even talking about any of the powerhouse Western Conference teams in the Final.

I thought the Rangers' year to win it was 2012. They had a Lundqvist right smack in the middle of his prime, they had the star players, they had the good grinder players (Prust, Dubinsky, Boyle was playing better that season, etc.), and for the first time in a long time, they had an identity and a frustrating system that could beat any team, really; they really seemed like a "team" the way the Rangers hadn't in the longest time. I really thought that would've been their year until we ruined it for them.

If the Rangers are out again this year, that's it, it's all downhill from here. Lundqvist's play will only slowly dip from here on out, as will everyone's who's not McDonaugh, Kreider, or Zuccarello.

I have this damning feeling the Rangers are going to win it all.

You're not going to be able to tell anything by this series.  Even if the Rangers beat the Flyers in 5 which I think is a distinct possibility.  They've owned the Flyers for a couple years now, right matchup and right time for them.  They'd still have to get by Pittsburgh, whatever Original Six team comes out of the Atlantic and a west behemoth...buona fortuna getting through that gauntlet.

Edited by NJDevs4978