2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Can't believe Columbus lost that one. Everyone who thought Pitt was for real is getting reminded that they get killed when they play a team with discipline and a good forechecking system though. If we had made it over Columbus,I think we would have had a good chance to win. Not that I think Columbus doesn't, but that loss is gonna sting.

The goaltending last night was amazing, Crawford stopped 3 or 4 deflections that ruined some other teams like CBJ.  I'm actually really pulling for CBJ.  Dubinsky absolutely owned Letang on that 3rd CBJ goal, it was so great.  A good amount of supposed misfits are on turning it up for them, Jack Johnson has played amazing, Brandon Dubinsky has looked good everytime he touches the puck, then you have a good amount of youngsters who are playing well.  It just sucks that a few deflection goals put the Pens ahead.  CBJ was owning that ice and PIT got lucky.  I hoping TB starts something against Montreal in the next game. 

Habs fans were beyond obnoxious and loud last night about being the only 3-0 team in the playoffs and were extremely cocky about it.

I mean.... I'm not making this up. They will make a huge deal out of ANYTHING. Being #1 in the conference 2 months in the season, they'll make graphics and share it everywhere... make a big deal out of being the only canadian team... only team with a "reigning norris winner", they are 100% convinced they are winning the cup.

i have to avoid facebook at this point.

The only people who don't realize the Hans aren't winning anything are Habs fans. And I doubt the older fans who were around for the glory days are this obnoxious, it sounds like all the young punks who come to the Rock are the type of people you're friends with on Facebook.

The only people who don't realize the Hans aren't winning anything are Habs fans. And I doubt the older fans who were around for the glory days are this obnoxious, it sounds like all the young punks who come to the Rock are the type of people you're friends with on Facebook.

to me "as long" you know what you're talking about at the very least. Fine. But those guys are mostly all posers who doesnt really know much about hockey so they'll throw very very non-sense stats around and refuse to hear anything. Like the 3-0 thing... "we are the only 3-0 team in the playoffs! best stats in the playoffs!" i mean... you almost feel sorry for them cause you're like.... he can't be that dumb. But then he'll get sooooo obnoxious about it cause he won't stop with it and you can't explains or make a point that its useless. It's beyond frustrating to deal with them right now

to me "as long" you know what you're talking about at the very least. Fine. But those guys are mostly all posers who doesnt really know much about hockey so they'll throw very very non-sense stats around and refuse to hear anything. Like the 3-0 thing... "we are the only 3-0 team in the playoffs! best stats in the playoffs!" i mean... you almost feel sorry for them cause you're like.... he can't be that dumb. But then he'll get sooooo obnoxious about it cause he won't stop with it and you can't explains or make a point that its useless. It's beyond frustrating to deal with them right now

This is disappointing to hear. I expect more from Canadian hockey fans.

They sound like most Yankees fans I know.

COME AT ME, NJDEVS

Edited by Devilsfan118

Every fanbase has dimwits. There are no exceptions.

of course but you have to understand that the Habs fans have a totally different mentality because of the different culture. Its bigger than just hockey. so a bigger, WAY BIGGER % of them are more annoying than the average hockey fan

Edited by SterioDesign

of course but you have to understand that the Habs fans have a totally different mentality because of the different culture. Its bigger than just hockey. so a bigger, WAY BIGGER % of them are more annoying than the average hockey fan

I hear ya SD. But I'm surprised that Habs fans give a sh!t about 'best stats in the playoffs' and 'reigning Norris winners' and all that kindof stuff. If I was a Habs fan I'd care about one thing and one thing only: winning Cups. That's all that matters, and all that's ever mattered in that city. Which is why I said I'm disappointed to hear that about them- I figured stupid sh!t like that was below many Habs fans.

SD, a new buddy of mine from Montreal, who just got into hockey 2 months ago, is talking a lot of smack now haha... I know 100% what you're talking about. Because he's so new to hockey, I can't really have an objective discussion with him about hockey or his series without him asking me "How are the Devils doing in the playoffs?"...

SD, a new buddy of mine from Montreal, who just got into hockey 2 months ago, is talking a lot of smack now haha... I know 100% what you're talking about. Because he's so new to hockey, I can't really have an objective discussion with him about hockey or his series without him asking me "How are the Devils doing in the playoffs?"...

See, I can't stand fans like this. You're a new fan who doesn't know sh!t about sh!t, shut your mouth and know your role.