2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Hmmm.

Look who comes back to just quote me. Just shocking with your obsession.

Anyway, the Wild might be better than Colorado right now. I don't think the Avs are very good. You lose Duchene and Barrie, and that is major. The Avs defense is piss poor at the moment. What I should have added is that I think the Wild and Avalanche are the two worst teams in the playoffs. But my main point at the time was that the Avs aren't that good, and if they were going to look great, it only be against the Wild.

Have fun.

Edited by devilsrule33

Colorado is easily the worst team in the playoffs.  They're getting run like Toronto would've been run.

Can't argue that right now. Things do look different now than they did after the first two games, but my point was I didn't think the Avs were all that good at that moment when people were being wowed by their young stars, I thought Minny was the only team that they had a chance to beat. But even that seems like a long shot right now.

No one should be impressed by anything in that series.

Edited by devilsrule33

Not really, but it ties in to the fact that she's interviewed him after all his OT GWGs. 

I don't get it though. Why ask that question then? If she knows that he's scored 4 OT winners, why ask that question when you gotta know it'll make you sound like an incompetent idiot? If you want him to talk about his other GWGs, just ask how this one felt compared to the rest. Then he's gotta at least say, "well, the winner in the finals in 2010 is obviously the most memorable, but they all felt pretty good".

Edited by ATLL765

Ughh joe micheletti is hands down the hardest color guy to listen to in the league. I understand the rangers pay him to be a homer, but he is just making viewers less intelligent when he speaks. St louis takes a terrible dive, he doesnt say a word, moore crosschecks giroux as hard as possible and he says that he sold it.

I don't think the Avs are all that bad.. They're just young. Really young. And their kids aren't performing well under pressure when the games really start to matter.

Calling them the Leafs of the West is a little harsh

Also, Backes is a freakin warrior

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ughh joe micheletti is hands down the hardest color guy to listen to in the league. I understand the rangers pay him to be a homer, but he is just making viewers less intelligent when he speaks. St louis takes a terrible dive, he doesnt say a word, moore crosschecks giroux as hard as possible and he says that he sold it.

I thought Keith Jones or Eddie Olcyk was doing play by play.I was going to say I'm surprised the guy can talk with a bunch of Rangers dicks in his mouth

Look who comes back to just quote me. Just shocking with your obsession.

Anyway, the Wild might be better than Colorado right now. I don't think the Avs are very good. You lose Duchene and Barrie, and that is major. The Avs defense is piss poor at the moment. What I should have added is that I think the Wild and Avalanche are the two worst teams in the playoffs. But my main point at the time was that the Avs aren't that good, and if they were going to look great, it only be against the Wild.

Have fun.

Well, I was reading through the thread and that's the quote that stood out to me. If you took it personally, I am sorry, but I'm not sure why you got so upset in your response and attacked. I didn't even say you were wrong, just pointed out with 'hmmm' that I was starting to wonder, especially after Minny dominated Colorado, allowing 12 shots on goal.

I seriously think the Pens have about 5 more seasons of being a solid team before they become mediocre again.

Even if that happens, that would make for 13 solid seasons, with at least one SC Championship.  A lot of franchises would kill for that. 

That being said, if they don't get at least one more Cup win in the Crosby-Malkin era, it's going to be seen as disappointing. 

FWIW I'm happy Columbus is on the ropes and Detroit is out. In my mind both of those Western Conference carpetbaggers were sitting in one of our playoff spots.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow is a bloodbath at the Garden...this is likely going 7 so once again the Rags are punching themselves out early on.