2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Parise is a class act and always has been. Zero reason to hate him but it just shows the maturity of this fan base. Hopefully he wins the cup this year. Such sour grapes around here, everyone just sounds like a bunch of 6 yr olds that couldn't get sprinkles on their ice cream.

I know... We have to be the first fanbase in the history of sports to ever hate a guy for leaving. How dare we. I'm so sorry that we hurt your feelings with our negative comments about Parise BH. Can you forgive us? Please?

Don't wanna hate, a city, a fan base and an under dog team all because of one dude.

I know... We have to be the first fanbase in the history of sports to ever hate a guy for leaving. How dare we. I'm so sorry that we hurt your feelings with our negative comments about Parise BH. Can you forgive us? Please?

Edited by CarterforPresident

Parise is a class act and always has been. Zero reason to hate him but it just shows the maturity of this fan base. Hopefully he wins the cup this year. Such sour grapes around here, everyone just sounds like a bunch of 6 yr olds that couldn't get sprinkles on their ice cream.

:lol: at posters who come on here to act superior to others. I'll omit the personal jab I had planned, because that never goes well, but seriously. This post is as obnoxious as any Parise one I've seen.

And for the record, I'm with you MadDog2020. I hope Zach never sniffs the finals. Wild are going to get dominated in this series, thankfully.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Don't wanna hate, a city, a fan base and an under dog team all because of one dude.

We can't hate an organization that basically tampered days before free agency to get Parise?

The funny part is some of the people getting all high and mighty about us not wanting Zach to win are probably also Yankee fans booing Cano, when they overpay every other FA known to man.

I admit I am wired differently. In a lot of sports I actively root for former players of teams I like. There are a few exceptions, but bad endings or not, don't really change. I don't think I'd ever cheer for Scott Gomez., not for going to the Rangers, but because he was a pretty unlikeable idiot.

I'm not against what anyone is doing, but it seems like there is too much stress for some watching NHL games that the Devils aren't a part of. Every series has a rooting interest so that it isn't easy for the one or two teams you don't like advance. All of a sudden there are needed outcomes in every 1st or 2nd round series. Rather just enjoy the games for what they are and hope for entertaining and long battles.

Edited by devilsrule33

I don't root against Parise out of hate for the guy, I root against him because I want to see his best success coming here. I want players who leave NJ to feel like they made one of the worst decisions of their lives.

Well it's almost too late in that regard - Parise is having the best playoffs of his career.  He's really tearing it up, but unfortunately Parise and Suter alone can't make an average team elite.