2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

He barely got any press and hardly said a peep about it in 2012 when they played each other.  Now you are just looking for something to hate him about.

C'mon, please don't act so shocked that Devils fans are pissed at our already polarizing governor for being a Rangers fan. I'm not even a Yankees fan, but I think it's pretty funny (and worthy of derision) that Bill DeBlasio is a Red Sox fan, so I guess you can say I'm consistent on the issue.

I mean, you can always pull the "it's just sports" card, but yeah, these politicians are opening themselves to criticism.

Edited by DJ Eco

C'mon, please don't act so shocked that Devils fans are pissed at our already polarizing governor for being a Rangers fan. I'm not even a Yankees fan, but I think it's pretty funny (and worthy of derision) that Bill DeBlasio is a Red Sox fan, so I guess you can say I'm consistent on the issue.

I mean, you can always pull the "it's just sports" card, but yeah, these politicians are opening themselves to criticism.

And I'm saying Christie would have also gotten criticized for cheering for the Devils when he has been a lifelong Rags fan.  Basically he is in a catch 22.  He chose to stick with his guns which at least to me lesser of 2 evils (even though he cheers for an awful team).

Those who are hating on Christie for sticking with his Rags are the ones who already have some issue with him.

I got to thinking the rags have been in teh playoffs more often than not for the past few years. Despite changing the team completly 2 years ago. They have very few players that I would want on the devils (mcdonaugh and that's it, although zucarrello seems like a great player). How can they manage to always make the playoffs, what core part of there team drives them.

We all hate on lunqvist he's been the primary constant, and I actually do believe he's overrated, but is it him?

What makes this team tick that they make it to the playoffs year in and out right now.

One thing to keep in mind is how mediocre the former Atlantic, current Metropolitan Division has become in just a couple years. And yes, Devils have a role in this as well, considering how many years we were at the top of the Atlantic Division (and where we now are).

Devils, Flyers, Capitals (slowly the past few years), even the Senators or Carolina, are all previously good or decent teams that have downgraded. Penguins are really the only "good" team in our division and whether or not they'd finish in a 3rd place or wildcard spot in either of the Western divisions is debatable. That Columbus could make the playoffs this year, or the Islanders last year, and that the Devils came relatively close to making the playoffs shows how below-par our division has become. It's simply not that hard to make the playoffs in our division, and the Rangers, roster-wise, are on the higher end of a pretty lackluster group of teams in the Metro.

So that being said, even the Rangers' team of Lundqvist and perennially underachieving guys like Nash or Richards or this year's Martin St-Louis or then Gaborik (or whoever the year's "guy" is each particular year) is better than Capitals or Flyers or Devils teams lately that have major holes in their roster. These Rangers teams have enough to "just get in" and not do much.

Our division blows.

Edited by DJ Eco

We beat them in a playoff series two years ago. The last couple of years have been rough, but we haven't dropped THAT much when you look at the bigger picture.

I meant we haven't qualified for the playoffs, which opens a slot for the Rags to get in

i see christie a lot lately down at the shore and he recently made another "open for business" press conference and made comment that hes gonna be here all summer and he brings people with him wherever he goes, some he likes and some he doesnt like.  Ok news flash christie, your that fvcking guy! A benny in charge of rebuilding the boardwalk empire. This county voted him into office; so much corruption here and no news gets out and none even care.

to keep it hockey related yes i hate him cause hes a rags fan but mostly cause he failed at the lap band.

how there is no news coming from out of here is a crime in itself...fvcking rags

Habs up 3-0. SD's Facebook feed is insufferable I'm sure lol.

lol i mean... Do Rangers fans that you know or even other Devils fans post like... play by play? every PP its GO GO GO HABS! MAKE THEM PAY SUBBAN. etc etc from like 30 different person. Then if they score you'll have like a crazy amount of "whoever scores" name ! then every time a bruins player does... anything they'll bitch about him. Then every save Price make its PRICE!!! The PRICE IS RIGHT!!! etc etc etc.... all game long.

i mean i post something Devils related once in awhile and it has to be something pretty big.

i know were canadians and crazy but god... 

Edited by SterioDesign

lol i mean... Do Rangers fans that you know or even other Devils fans post like... play by play? every PP its GO GO GO HABS! MAKE THEM PAY SUBBAN. etc etc from like 30 different person. Then if they score you'll have like a crazy amount of "whoever scores" name ! then every time a bruins player does... anything they'll bitch about him. Then every save Price make its PRICE!!! The PRICE IS RIGHT!!! etc etc etc.... all game long.

i mean i post something Devils related once in awhile and it has to be something pretty big.

I have some Bruins fan friends who do that. THey were pretty quiet last night though.

SterioDesign, I feel bad for you. Habs fans could be really annoying, I can't even imagine.

However, I'd love for the Habs to knock out Boston, then knock out Pittsburgh (or New York), and then get knocked out by Anaheim (if possible) haha

Try staying off FB for a few hrs? :noclue:

It kills me the guy is a hell of hockey player but he does stupid sh!t like this that makes you not want to like the guy.

What are some other 'stupid sh!t" he has done not to like the guy. I actually thought it wasn't the best move, but under certain situations it could be considered a savy move. On the play, I was thinking he could easily get to the puck first and just hold it behind the net or fire it around the boards.

Either way, not sure why that play would make you not like the guy.

I was talking hockey with some co-workers, and I just want to say that only a Ranger fan would come up with the sentence "The NHL wants Pittsburgh to beat the Rangers. They want Pittsburgh and Crosby and Malkin in the finals. That's why they scheduled those back-to-backs."

I was talking hockey with some co-workers, and I just want to say that only a Ranger fan would come up with the sentence "The NHL wants Pittsburgh to beat the Rangers. They want Pittsburgh and Crosby and Malkin in the finals. That's why they scheduled those back-to-backs."

That sounds stupid, but every fan base says similar sh!t. All of them, regardless how conceivable or inconceivable it sounds. Firstly, I have read hundreds of posts here about the league having it out for the Devils in terms of punishments/suspensions reffing or goal calls. Secondly, I have heard everything from Habs/Leafs fans calling conspiracy because they think the NHL wants American teams to do well...to any team playing the Penguins saying the league wants Crosby and co to advance...to Penguins fans complaining that the league is against them for a multiple of reasons. 

I mean yes that comment makes no sense on a number of levels, but for every dumb Rangers fan comment we can go to the Devils FB page and find something just as dumb.

I thought Brooks referenced something in the last day or two that the Garden availability was partly to blame for the tight scheduling.  But I went to MSG's website and couldn't find a 'master' schedule of events. Whatever, whatever.  It is funny though the Ana/LA series gets a two day break though.  I hate 2 day breaks, everybody s/b playing every other night. Then it's even for all.  If you came off of a short or shorter series, then you earned the rest.

That sounds stupid, but every fan base says similar sh!t. All of them, regardless how conceivable or inconceivable it sounds. Firstly, I have read hundreds of posts here about the league having it out for the Devils in terms of punishments/suspensions reffing or goal calls. Secondly, I have heard everything from Habs/Leafs fans calling conspiracy because they think the NHL wants American teams to do well...to any team playing the Penguins saying the league wants Crosby and co to advance...to Penguins fans complaining that the league is against them for a multiple of reasons.

I mean yes that comment makes no sense on a number of levels, but for every dumb Rangers fan comment we can go to the Devils FB page and find something just as dumb.

While the above is true, I like to think that Devils conspiracy theorists at least use logical arguments. "The league goes against the Devils because they are a small market nobody cares about" - I'm not saying that is the case, just that it is a logical argument to use.

When the Rag fans claim a conspiracy, it's ridiculous. Yes, the league WANTS New York to fail, it's only the biggest media market in the country. Absolute garbage.

By the way, the other day a co-worker of mine said to me "Bro, how can you root against the Rangers, we're (NJ and NY) neighbors." I couldn't care less if Pittsburgh won the cup, knock these fools into submission and out of the playoffs as soon as possible.

Rangers fans are braindead. The only thing they're victims of is Dolan/MSG scheduling and the ramifications of going to 7 games with a vastly inferior Flyers team.

Although, plenty of fans of most teams say this kinda stuff, even here on NJDevs haha... Although, yes, Penguins are the obvious target as they do have a track record in the media.

Edited by DJ Eco