2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

This guy is lucky Bruins fans didn't kick the crap out of him last night:

10329065_778196545526000_549916129240668

Reminds me of when Rangers fans ran rampant in Newark during the 2008 playoffs. The Rock had become a zoo. ... Also reminds me of how bad Canadiens fans can be when they visit the Rock. That being said, Go Habs Go!

Edited by 95Crash

Honestly these Rag fans are almost cup level giddy now. You'd think this was like before game 5 in 1994 when they were planning the parade route and booking up reception halls all across the tri state area. Lundqvist is suddenly the king again for winning a 2nd round series.

The Facebook posts are killing me. I don't need a damned play-by-play of the game. They might even be worse than football fans.

The Facebook posts are killing me. I don't need a damned play-by-play of the game. They might even be worse than football fans.

Here's an idea. Don't go on FB or don't have Rangers fans on your newsfeed during the playoff run. I get that people don't like hearing about a rival or a team that isn't there, but not everyone posts on a message board, so groups of fans share their emotions through FB. No different than what we do here in a chat or in a game thread.

95crash...if a Devils fan did that to a Messier statue (there has to be a Messier statue, right?) after 2012, we would fvcking call him a legend and probably build a statue of that fan desecrating the Messier statue.

As for people you never heard of talking about the Rangers all of a sudden, well that's how it goes for pretty much every team when they go on a nice run. People enjoy being part of something. It brings a city together and everyone is happy. It's an excuse to party. It's the reason you see 500 thousand to a million people at parades.

And lastly, for Habs fans boasting about Cup wins and all that jazz, aren't we all a bit guilty of that. I mean I see every Devils argument with a Rangers fan start and end with 3 Cups since you won your last. Well, many of the fan base was too young to remember 1995, some 2000, and others 2003. Doesn't mean they are going to prefix their comments with "even though I have only been a fan since 2006 and don't remember any of them...." It's been 11 years since the Devils win the Stanley Cup. Soon it's going to be silly talking about any Devils Stanley Cups in jabs against other fans.

I imagine not many will agree with me, but that's my thoughts.

Here's an idea. Don't go on FB or don't have Rangers fans on your newsfeed during the playoff run. I get that people don't like hearing about a rival or a team that isn't there, but not everyone posts on a message board, so groups of fans share their emotions through FB. No different than what we do here in a chat or in a game thread.

I would take them out of my newsfeed, but they are you know, actually friends of mine. For some reason posts from the during game were STILL showing up in my newsfeed today.

I would take them out of my newsfeed, but they are you know, actually friends of mine. For some reason posts from the during game were STILL showing up in my newsfeed today.

Because Facebook sucks at determining "top posts".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

95crash...if a Devils fan did that to a Messier statue (there has to be a Messier statue, right?) after 2012, we would fvcking call him a legend and probably build a statue of that fan desecrating the Messier statue.

As for people you never heard of talking about the Rangers all of a sudden, well that's how it goes for pretty much every team when they go on a nice run. People enjoy being part of something. It brings a city together and everyone is happy. It's an excuse to party. It's the reason you see 500 thousand to a million people at parades.

And lastly, for Habs fans boasting about Cup wins and all that jazz, aren't we all a bit guilty of that. I mean I see every Devils argument with a Rangers fan start and end with 3 Cups since you won your last. Well, many of the fan base was too young to remember 1995, some 2000, and others 2003. Doesn't mean they are going to prefix their comments with "even though I have only been a fan since 2006 and don't remember any of them...." It's been 11 years since the Devils win the Stanley Cup. Soon it's going to be silly talking about any Devils Stanley Cups in jabs against other fans.

I imagine not many will agree with me, but that's my thoughts.

I don't think theres anything wrong with Devils fans coming to a Devils board to vent about other teams' fans. Sometimes being a fan comes with a bit of irrationality. 

I don't think theres anything wrong with Devils fans coming to a Devils board to vent about other teams' fans. Sometimes being a fan comes with a bit of irrationality. 

I'm not trying to scold anyone or telling them how they should think...just giving a different opinion. Some people might say Rangers fans are the worst. Others the Canadiens, but I am just saying that every fan base is insufferable when they are winning.

At first people are excited for new teams to do well, think Chicago, Boston, LA, and now everyone can't stand them or their cocky fans.

I am shocked at how many rangers fans I have on facebook. Didn't know 90% of these numbskulls even watched hockey

Same here and been seeing a lot of people all of the sudden breaking out their Rags shirts/jerseys/hats/etc.  A solid 80% of them appear to be brand new and fresh off the rack.

"Da Rainjizz brah!  Da Gahden Brah!  That's what it's all about brah!  Bright lights of Broadway brah!  1994 brah!"

Same here and been seeing a lot of people all of the sudden breaking out their Rags shirts/jerseys/hats/etc. A solid 80% of them appear to be brand new and fresh off the rack.

"Da Rainjizz brah! Da Gahden Brah! That's what it's all about brah! Bright lights of Broadway brah! 1994 brah!"

20th year anniversay of 1994 brah! 1994 + 20 = 2014 brah! Destiny brah!

Here's a handy way of knowing who to remove/block for the next two weeks:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/friended_fans_of/?page_id=19064794857

I hope that works for you all :lol:

Wow, thanks for the link. It really sorted them out!

The whole entire area is being infested with Rangers fans. It's getting to be insufferable. Gotta spray!

cockroach-smiley-emoticon.gifEXTERMINATOR.gif

:gd:

Edited by 95Crash

Good to see that having home ice in Game 7s means so much.

I've heard more GO KINGS GO chants tonight than chants for the Ducks. Knowing what this type of situation is like, I'd imagine its pretty nasty in the stands between the fan bases tonight.