2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I agree with this. I am a Devil fan, but a bigger fan of the game. You give respect where its due.

Rangers are a better team than the Devils....right now. This is a playoff thread, not sure how the Devils enter into the conversation.

Its a Devils board. The Devils can be related to everything on it. If you wanna be a 'bigger fan of the game', fine- but don't come on here talking about cheering for the fvcking Rangers.

Maybe there should be separate thread for venting about annoying Rangers fans. It seems that the last six pages of post have been dominated by that issue.

Considering there were no games to discuss last night, who cares? Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I get the gist of what you guys are saying, however I don't live anywhere close to the New York area. For all I know if my family decided to stay in the tri-state area I could have very well been a Rangers, Isles or Flyers fan. Bottom line is that I don't like teams that pull sh!t antics. I haven't seen the Rangers do that yet. They don't have the Averys and Callahans anymore to do that. I do know that the Kings have the Dustin Browns on their team. I do know that Rob Scuderi totally embellished that boarding call from Steve Bernier in game 6. I do know that the Kings have the largest bandwagon fan base. All that is most recent in my memory. I didn't even watch hockey in 1994 so I don't feel that sting.

So what you're saying is you hate the Kings more than the Rangers because they pull 'antics'? (So Krieder injuring goalies all over the league and acting like nothing happened aren't antics?) Ok. Hey, its a free country I guess... Edited by MadDog2020

Well i actually live 10 hours away from MTL, i dont even live in Quebec... i can't even imagine how terrible it would be to be right in the middle of it

I live in Quebec, and after the Boston series it was horrible. Habs fans were talking about the cup already on the radio, TV etc. Even on RDS they were talking about how they'd get to the SCF no sweat beating the Rags in 6 games or less. MTL fans get so cocky and arrogant when they win , it's incredible. But of course, now that they're losing 2-0, they've calmed down ;)

Edited by Devs3cups

I agree with this. I am a Devil fan, but a bigger fan of the game. You give respect where its due.

Rangers are a better team than the Devils....right now. This is a playoff thread, not sure how the Devils enter into the conversation.

you can give credit where credit is due and I have no problem saying the Rangers are better then us right now but actually rooting for the Rangers when you're a Devils fan makes 0 sense.

• Like 2

The fact that hating the Rangers has to be defended and explained on a fvcking DEVILS board is sad. fvcking. Sad.

You're taking this way too far, Mate. My love of the Devils is not measured by how much I hate the Rangers.

I'd definitely like to see the Habs pull it out. If the Rangers get to the SCF then I'd like to see Chicago face and beat them. However, if LA makes it then it's pretty much a wash for me.

I hate the Lakers, Heat, Bulls during most of the Jordan era, Cowboys, Broncos, Yankees, but I've lived through most of their championships and it doesn't bother me all that much. And trust me, I get it: Living in the area of your rival does suck. We have a ton of Broncos, Cowboys, Lakers and Yankees fans out here. It sucks, but you live with it. I've had to deal with the 2001 SCF when it seemed like I was the only person in town rooting for the Devils. But my dislike of those teams never defined my love of the Devils, Pacers, Rockets or Phillies.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Dude, the Rangers Devils rivalry is somewhat artificial to me cause i never "lived" it through thrash talking or fans around me and sh!t like that. Understand that i dont live in the NY area. I still hate the Rangers of course.

But for ME the real rivalry was always against MTL cause thats the team that all my friends rooted for and who i was thrash talking with and those we're the games with "consequences" all my life. When NJ would win montreal i'd give them sh!t and when NJ was losing i was of course getting it good cause i was one against hundreds

I know maybe 3-4 Rangers fans and they are all extremely nice and never gave me sh!t.

I'd root against the Rangers against ANYONE other than MTL and everyone here should know that. Saying that im a "rangers fan" is extremely pushing and stupid to be honest. The world doesnt revolve around you and your situation bud.

As a devils fan, regardless of where you're from, you need to know better than to refer to this region as the "NY area".

I don't want to see any Canadian team win the cup, but taking new York over Montreal is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Eh SD rooting against the Habs in this series is a nonissue imo - Habs fans are to him as Rangers fans are to us.

Just.. Don't come here and say "Go Rangers!". Which he hasn't done, so I couldn't care less tbh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eh SD rooting against the Habs in this series is a nonissue imo - Habs fans are to him as Rangers fans are to us.

Just.. Don't come here and say "Go Rangers!". Which he hasn't done, so I couldn't care less tbh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's really not like im rooting for the Rangers. I hate both teams i just really don't want to deal with Habs fans any longer.

This was actually my facebook status right before the first game... "Trying to cheer for either the Habs or the Rangers for me is like having to chug either a pint of Drano or a pitcher of diarrhea. fvck both teams lol"

Pretty damn accurate to my feeling towards this series.

Yeah it's really not like im rooting for the Rangers. I hate both teams i just really don't want to deal with Habs fans any longer.

This was actually my facebook status right before the first game... "Trying to cheer for either the Habs or the Rangers for me is like having to chug either a pint of Drano or a pitcher of diarrhea. fvck both teams lol"

Pretty damn accurate to my feeling towards this series.

Lmfao, I hear ya... That was what the Rags-Flyers series was like for the rest of us. Edited by MadDog2020

Yeah it must be terrible for you guys. You're between those 2 teams

I have a bunch of friends that are fans of both teams... My Facebook feed was pretty brutal during that series. You know its bad when you find yourself siding with Flyer fans.

I have a bunch of friends that are fans of both teams... My Facebook feed was pretty brutal during that series. You know its bad when you find yourself siding with Flyer fans.

Yeah... but you have allies too to back you up lol im on my own around here haha i personally know like... 3-4 Devils fans and thats it