2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Question now is do the Rangers spend the game looking for revenge and do something stupid. That's exactly how the Habs drove Boston nuts the last few years.

Well Prust just drew one on the retaliation check from behind

Rags in general are a soft team, but they're boiling over now

That's a blanket statement if I ever heard one. I remember someone, maybe Tri, posting a couple years ago that some fans have more hatred for the Rags than love for the Devils. It's like almost genetic or something that Jerseyites have this inferiority complex when it comes to New York.

You know what hurts our bottom line? Being a secondary market surrounded by big markets. Trust me, I live in New Mexico. Unless they're really big hockey fans, you're casual fan out here in the sticks is more likely to root for the Kings or Rangers just because they are LA or New York. You can't change that.

Well that figures...yet another person who lives out of state trying to tell everyone how they should feel.  Almost all of the comments about how Devil fans take the rivalry too much to heart come from the people who don't have to be at ground zero with the fans and media.  

While it may be a bit hyperbole to say the Rangers would like to put us out of business it IS a fact them winning hurts our brand.  If the Rangers become the more successful organization over an extended period of time you have kids growing up being Ranger fans instead of Devil fans.  Just like the Yankees winning and the Mets not is hurting the Mets' next generation of fans.

Wow Carcillo actually hit the ref

He might be suspended. That was a legit elbow to the ref

Unless he gets suspended more than a game or two it won't matter anyway, the Habs look more like they want to fight than actually play hockey.

This is what happens when two lucky bastard teams play each other. One of then has to have their luck run out and unfortunately it's not the a$$holes we want

We'll see about that in the Finals...the nuclear scenario is perilously close to happening and I don't just mean the Rangers getting there, but getting there against a Kings team that'll probably have to have played 20-21 high pressure games while the Rags get to sit around for a week and rest up.

We'll see about that in the Finals...the nuclear scenario is perilously close to happening and I don't just mean the Rangers getting there, but getting there against a Kings team that'll probably have to have played 20-21 high pressure games while the Rags get to sit around for a week and rest up.

That's what I'm worried about to. Just because the kings and hawks are a lot better doesn't guarantee anything. Either could get to the finals only to sh!t the bed.

That's what I'm worried about to. Just because the kings and hawks are a lot better doesn't guarantee anything. Either could get to the finals only to sh!t the bed.

Even the Hawks worry me at this point...they're playing like the 2001 Devils, trying to win on talent alone.

I can't wait to hear carton and then fatcesca later on tomorrow. Those two schmucks couldn't care less about hockey three weeks ago and now they are ducking rags cheerleaders.

Then do what I do and don't listen. The only time I listen to NY sports-talk radio when the Rags are in the playoffs is when they lose. There is absolutely no reason to listen when they win. All it is is a bunch of delusional fvcktard Rag fans that are having the fire of their delusion stoked by a bunch of loud-mouth jerk-offs who only benefit from the Rags' success. That combines for ear-splittingly bad/annoying radio. Listen to music and do yourself a favor.