2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Most of those idiots at D'Jais as well as the other bandwagoners in NJ are screaming "but dey are da local team!" Ummmmm no the local team is the Devils. You know the team with NEW JERSEY in their name.

I really hope Montreal somehow pulls a rabbit out of their ass and wins this series. I will never let this down with them.

It would've been great if the idiots that were there booed loudly anytime the Rags were mentioned... But then again, the tools that would go something like that, being held by two NY d-bags in Boomer and Carton, are always gonna be the bandwagon/'hey we love any Noo Yawk team because they're Noo Yawk' type. Edited by MadDog2020

I still can't believe he did that.  What could Ranger fans possibly cry about?  It was so obvious that the guy did it. 

They are going crazy about that call, the non-call on Prust, and the supposed "slew-foot" during the stoppage.  A slew-foot involves tripping from behind, and pushing the upper body backwards.  There was no push, it was just a trip, and whoever it was on took an obvious dive anyway which is why it wasn't called.

Rule 40 - Physical Abuse of Officials

40.1 Game Misconduct - Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply...

40.3 Automatic Suspension – Category II - Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official,shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games.

40.4 Automatic Suspension – Category III - Any player who, by his actions, physically demeans an official or physically threatens an official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an official, spitting at or in the general direction of an official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games.

Without ignoring the rules, I don't see how anyone can argue Carcillo's game misconduct.  It is a perfect example of this rule, and he should be suspended at least 3 or 10 games.

As for the Prust hit on Stepan:

Rule 56 - Interference

Possession of the Puck: The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

It may seem late, but Stepan was still the player in possession of the puck.  It wasn't a headshot, a charge, or an elbow either.

Edited by devilsfan26

this is just unreal.  i can't believe this exists... they are outside their minds. 

I don't know any team that celebrates an anniversary since their last cup... you can't celebrate that, thats embarassing.

thats not an anniversary, thats called a drought

• Like 1

this is just unreal. i can't believe this exists... they are outside their minds.

I don't know any team that celebrates an anniversary since their last cup... you can't celebrate that, thats embarassing.

thats not an anniversary, thats called a drought

Its like a Devils fan designed it just to poke fun at them- I couldn't have done a better job lmfao. You know what that sweatshirt is? 01-gold-bar.jpg Edited by MadDog2020

Prust is definitely a goner with Stepan being out now.

Although I'd take that trade if I was a Habs fan. Losing Prust doesn't seem as bad when the Rangers are losing one of the their best centers.

Question is will Stepan be out? Guys have played with broken jaws before I'm fairly sure...

Question is will Stepan be out? Guys have played with broken jaws before I'm fairly sure...

Hm good point.  If he was good enough to come back and play the rest of the game, I'll bet he plays game 4 with a full cage. 

I'm hoping they keep him out.  We'll see.  Losing him would be a huge blow to the Rangers.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Hm good point. If he was good enough to come back and play the rest of the game, I'll bet he plays game 4 with a full cage.

I'm hoping they keep him out. We'll see. Losing him would be a huge blow to the Rangers.

Highly doubt he'll sit. As long as he isn't having headaches or concussion-like symptoms, he'll play.

Man you're nuts if you don't think the Rags winning has any effect on the Devils organization. We're competing for the same market share. Our brands are in constant competition for the next generation of fans. The Rags winning a cup is a huge boon to them and a major blow to our bottom line

You know what the Rags and their fans are in the business of? Putting the Devils out of business. They would love nothing more than for the "Debbies" to close up shop and move to Trashville or Quebec as they've cheerleaded this for 2 decades. They also used to go to Isles games when that franchises future was in jeopardy and chant "KANSAS CITY"

They want us gone...but nah why should we hate them?

Paranoid delusion.

Yes, just read these boards, everyone on this site would immediately switch and become Rangers fans. :doh1:

He isn't talking about the die-hards... He's talking about the casuals and kids that might just be getting into the sport. I mean it doesn't really take a brain surgeon to figure this out...

What an awful awful game, and awful series. Funny part is the Rangers played pretty much their best game of the 3 last night. Flashback to Wednesday morning, my neighbor had the NY Post on his doorstep (I live in an apartment building) and their backpage article was a big pic of PK Subban, talking about his comment about Henrik being lucky so far.

Literally, the next game, Henrik has one of his unluckiest games. I wonder if an actual WELL-PLAYED GAME by Montreal and a win on Sunday can totally change the tide of the series?