2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

4-1, Chicago shows a pulse.

Its the same one from 2012. I'll never forget it because it was ringing in my head for 2 days after we lost game 6. I have no idea what its called and I don't care. Them beating the Rags can make me more fond of it lol. EDIT: quoted the wrong post. Duh. Edited by MadDog2020

LA is pretty much in 2012 mode. That means they're a runaway freight train

They better annihilate the Rags. ANNIHILATE them. No fvcking around letting them win one of the first two or (God forbid) both of the first two. No giving them any life. fvcking stomp those motherfvckers the fvck out once and for all. Edited by MadDog2020

LA is pretty much in 2012 mode. That means they're a runaway freight train

And the Hawks have been in 2001 Devils mode.  Trying to win on talent alone, and finally running into a team that makes them pay for their up and down effort.

Picked LA to win the Cup in that stupid NHL.com bracket thing. I was pretty confident they would win it before the playoffs started, pretty confident now. The only time my confidence waned was when SJ was beating them up and Quick wasn't sharp. With Quick playing the way he is and the whole team in freight train mode, I'm feeling pretty good about them winning it.

God dammit.  The East needs to step it up.  I can't handle seeing Boston, NYR, and sh!ttsburgh in the ECF and SCF every freaking year(Throw Detroit in there too).  All of the Western Conference top 8 are usually great teams and well-built, well coached.

And the Hawks have been in 2001 Devils mode.  Trying to win on talent alone, and finally running into a team that makes them pay for their up and down effort.

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment of the 2001 Devils.  Some might say it might've been a case of peaking too early...when the Devils went up 3-0 on the 'Canes in Round 1, they had won 22 out of 24 games and were playing absurdly well...unfortunately, they were due to come back to Earth a bit, which they did...from that point on, they went 12-10 and never looked as consistently sharp, though they did a nice job taking care of Pittsburgh in the ECF (it seemed to like Pitt wasn't competing terribly hard in that series).  Marty was also very inconsistent in those playoffs (good against the 'Canes and Pens, not so good against the Leafs and especially so against the Avs)...not to mention Mogilny went into Invisible Man mode.

You guys really think the Kings would be a tougher matchup than Chicago for the Rags?  I don't care who wins, I just want a worse matchup for those guys, and to me, Chicago's it.

Yep, I do. They had their scare in the 1st round, and now they're on a mission.

You guys really think the Kings would be a tougher matchup than Chicago for the Rags?  I don't care who wins, I just want a worse matchup for those guys, and to me, Chicago's it.

Something has been wrong with Chicago for quite some time now. Remember, they struggled mightily the last month of the season, got largely outplayed by Minnesota and have seemingly hit a wall against the Kings. The Kings were the best possession team during the regular season and play such a heavy game. I really hope LA wins in 5 because I really think Chicago can take this series to seven. I think we can all agree Montreal can't do the same

Something has been wrong with Chicago for quite some time now. Remember, they struggled mightily the last month of the season, got largely outplayed by Minnesota and have seemingly hit a wall against the Kings. The Kings were the best possession team during the regular season and play such a heavy game. I really hope LA wins in 5 because I really think Chicago can take this series to seven. I think we can all agree Montreal can't do the same

I don't agree with that, I think Montreal can definitely take this series to 7, but Tokarski has to play well.  It's possible that LA is stronger than Chicago because of Toffoli and Pearson who weren't always in the lineup this year.  Regehr out is also a huge plus for them.

I don't agree with that, I think Montreal can definitely take this series to 7, but Tokarski has to play well. It's possible that LA is stronger than Chicago because of Toffoli and Pearson who weren't always in the lineup this year. Regehr out is also a huge plus for them.

I shouldn't speak in absolutes when it comes to sports, but you have to admit it's pretty unlikely MTL wins two in a row. The Rangers are so much better and it's pretty obvious. I don't even think Tokarski can play much better than he has

Edited by SMantzas

MTL to win in 7! Believe...

I shouldn't speak in absolutes when it comes to sports, but you have to admit it's pretty unlikely MTL wins two in a row. The Rangers are so much better and it's pretty obvious. I don't even think Tokarski can play much better than he has

Lunqvist has played out of his mind. Habs were a crossbar away from evening the series 2-2. Habs will get some bounces and force 7.

Habs won't force game 7 imo, they look terrible. It's not a testament to the Rangers being a "powerhouse", really. The Rangers are riding the gravy train that Montreal's giving them. If Tampa Bay had another shot at it, I honestly think they'd even beat Montreal right now. I've never seen such an easy Eastern Conference Final, the East was just grade A garbage this year.

Regardless, through the trials and tribulations of this postseason, I've learned to respect Los Angeles. Yes, we all resent them for knocking us out in 2012, but honestly, could we have lost to a better opponent? Regardless, outside of the whole "LA aura" and the annoying nature of their giddy newcomer fans that postseason, there's not much to not like about their team, their players, the system, etc. They're one hell of a team. If they really embarrass the Rangers like I think they're capable of, I gotta admit, they'll make me a believer. It's not even funny how balanced their team is, and the level of domination they're capable of this postseason in one of  the strongest years in the West that I can remember, it's pretty impressive. I hope they take care of business tomorrow so they can shut New York up sooner than later.

Edited by DJ Eco

Habs won't force game 7 imo, they look terrible. It's not a testament to the Rangers being any good, really. The Rangers are riding the gravy train that Montreal's giving them. If Tampa Bay had another shot at it, I honestly think they'd even beat Montreal right now. I've never seen such an easy Eastern Conference Final, the East was just grade A garbage this year.

Regardless, through the trials and tribulations of this postseason, I've learned to respect Los Angeles. Yes, we all resent them for knocking us out in 2012, but honestly, could we have lost to a better opponent? Regardless, outside of the whole "LA aura" and the annoying nature of their giddy newcomer fans that postseason, there's not much to not like about their team, their players, the system, etc. They're one hell of a team. If they really embarrass the Rangers like I think they're capable of, I gotta admit, they'll make me a believer. It's not even funny how balanced their team is, and the level of domination they're capable of this postseason in one of  the strongest years in the West that I can remember, it's pretty impressive. I hope they take care of business tomorrow so they can shut New York up sooner than later.

Which new fans did you encounter or that were annoying. LA had 100% occupancy rate during the Cup season and during the 10/11 season. Maybe a few more celebrities were showing up like Kobe and Beckham, but they have had a good fan base for a while. The fans were giddy because the franchise had one lowly Cup appearance in their franchises 40 year history before that win.