2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Well, let's hope the Canadiens play as hard and as passionate vs. nyr as they did the Bruins. Presuming there's no 2-goal in 3-min. comeback.

So, do die-hard Leaf and Sen fans root for Montreal because they're Canadian? Or are they like us and root against your big rival no matter what?   

for the love of god montreal go even though Chicago's probably gonna roll whoever (assuming they'd beat Anaheim. LA would probably roll in terms of corsi but make it way more interesting than it has to be)

Maybe I hear it more bc I live on LI, but so many dumb ranger fans are acting like they won the cup already, meanwhile they're only 1/2 way there.

I really hope they aren't playing in june  but if they are hopefully they don't win it all.   If they do win it all, it would be there first cup with all 30 NHL teams.

1994 only had 20 something teams

and for the first 2 only had 6 teams  

That's the biggest win they've had in 20 years. Came back from a 3-1 deficit for the first time and finally beat the Pens. A team I can't stand. The MSL story makes it special. The character they showed was remarkable. I can't remember ever being more proud of a team. It's one of the greatest goaltending clinics I've ever seen. Lundqvist's best moment. That ridiculous $5,000 fine he got for doing something most think Crosby deserved. He gets away with murder. All that inspired a little fun Lundqvist Foundation to raise money for the Garden of Dreams. We're almost up to $2,000. Best money I've spent in a while. And for a good cause.

I'm pretty excited about facing the Canadiens. It's a classic match-up between old rivals who haven't seen each other much. 1996 is the last time. A meaningless 1st round. They beat us in '86 and of course '79. Montreal will be tough. They are a very fast skating team who plays with edge. Boast the biggest PP weapon in Subban. A player I have a new respect for. The key to the series will be discipline. The Habs are lethal with the extra man. There are unique storylines. Lundqvist vs Price. McDonagh vs the team who drafted him. Prust vs the Rangers. Vigneault vs the Canadiens. New Habs sniper Dale Weise vs his ex-team. :P

The number 1 storyline is neither side has appeared in a SCF since they won. 1993 and 1994 a year apart. One team will prevail and get that chance.

The schedule already is out. Again, there'll be a back-to-back. Games 3 and 4 at MSG will have that scenario. Game 1 is Saturday at 1 PM on NBC. Awful time slot. Similar to last round, the favorite is Montreal. They boast better scorers and the Subban/Markov pairing on the man-advantage is a potential headache. Also, Lundqvist has never played well at Bell Centre. The House of Horrors. Cam Talbot got both starts in the regular season. Unless Stepan and Nash figure out a way to score, they'll be hard pressed to squeeze this one out. I have it going 6 or 7.

As for the West, hope the Kings force Game 7. I want to see Kings/Hawks. The Ducks are a very tough team. It's shaping up pretty good for Chicago. It helps when you got the most clutch dynamic duo in hockey along with the best defensive tandem. My original pick was San Jose. Once again, they went belly up. That'll teach me to ever have faith in that franchise. Boston was my pick to win it all. I felt they had the best team. But as I said here last week, Montreal matched up well. Their speed and grit were factors along with Price. To be blunt, the Bruins played a garbage first and didn't turn it on until it was too late. The Canadiens used the same strategy the Rangers did. Only difference they got the 3rd goal from Briere off Chara. If not, I bet the B's tie it and find a way in overtime. What makes the Cup great is it's much harder to accurately predict the winner. This year proves it.

Wow Lucic was pissed off in that handshake line lol

There's been all sorts of rumblings on Twitter. He apparently made a fool of himself to Weise. Great player. But loser mentality.