Brodeur Appreciation Thread

redruM

Nope, drives me nuts that he's played in almost every Devils game for the past two decades, winning Cups and breaking records, yet there are still Devils fans that don't know how to spell his name.

To all those who English majors BITE ME!!

all spelled correctly so you should have no problem understanding....

Edited by redruM

BTW, does missing spelling a name mean I understand the game or Marty's greatness any less?

I'll be honest I read these posts, many of you spell every word correctly, yet you donot have a clue about hockey. Just an observation.

Edited by redruM

To all those who English majors BITE ME!!

all spelled correctly so you should have no problem understanding....

I believe what you meant to say was "To all those who are English majors," and there should be a comma before "BITE ME!!" :P

BTW, does missing spelling a name mean I understand the game or Marty's greatness any less?

I'll be honest I read these posts, many of you spell every word correctly, yet you donot have a clue about hockey. Just an observation.

Nobody said it has anything to do with understanding hockey, not sure why you jumped to that conclusion.

Edited by devilsfan26

Since there's no way I could say it better, I'll just leave this here http://devilsrule.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12608&start=40#p193172

Lol like I should take anything seriously from that forum.

That poster even stated he was a Marty apologist and then went on to state that he would take Marty's B game over schneiders A game. That is a language of a delusional fan.

Lol like I should take anything seriously from that forum.

That poster even stated he was a Marty apologist and then went on to state that he would take Marty's B game over schneiders A game. That is a language of a delusional fan.

I made it to that comment and just closed it. That was some of the wrongest sh!t I've ever read of. I understand people defending Marty against the negative, but saying that is just unreal levels of blindness to reality. 

No there were a few people bashing the misspelling of Brodeur but honestly I can't blame them.  It's embarassing to have his name misspelled in a tribute thread on one of the leading Devil fan message boards, and when it was gently pointed out to the op he didn't care and laughed about it without changing it until a couple more people had more biting posts about it.

I stil cringe at Neidermayer. Fun fact: I bought on of those knockoff Cup shirts for like $5 from the guys outside of the CAA after the 2003 parade and I absolutely loved the fact that it had the roster on it - until I got to NEIdermayer's name. Woops.

At least it was only $5.

Edited by Weekes Head

Spelling mistakes on a message board shouldn't be a big deal. We're not getting graded or awarded for these posts. The only reason I don't have many spelling mistakes is because my browser corrects me. My grammar on the other hand...

I'm probably more picky about spelling than most people (maybe I'm just bitter because in elementary school they told us we should desire a career in something we are good in so I wanted to be a speller, and then in middle school there was no more spelling class :angry:) but come on, how many times do we see the players' names spelled out in front of us, especially Martin Brodeur?  Over the past twenty years we've all seen hundreds of his games with his name typed out on the screen or stitched across his jersey, we've been to games and seen hundreds of Brodeur jerseys in the stands, and he has been mentioned on this site and whatever other Devils forums or blogs we read a billion times.  With everything he has done for this franchise, I think he deserves to have his name spelled correctly by now, especially by Devils fans in an appreciation thread.  It's not like he misspelled some rarely used word that you only see in spelling bees, this is the face of our franchise we're talking about.

I'm probably more picky about spelling than most people (maybe I'm just bitter because in elementary school they told us we should desire a career in something we are good in so I wanted to be a speller, and then in middle school there was no more spelling class :angry:) but come on, how many times do we see the players' names spelled out in front of us, especially Martin Brodeur?  Over the past twenty years we've all seen hundreds of his games with his name typed out on the screen or stitched across his jersey, we've been to games and seen hundreds of Brodeur jerseys in the stands, and he has been mentioned on this site and whatever other Devils forums or blogs we read a billion times.  With everything he has done for this franchise, I think he deserves to have his name spelled correctly by now, especially by Devils fans in an appreciation thread.  It's not like he misspelled some rarely used word that you only see in spelling bees, this is the face of our franchise we're talking about.

Eh. He just flipped two letters. It's not like it was dramatically misspelled. They should have an auto-correct feature for Brodeur like when you type out Єklund (2.3% accurate). Are those numbers still accurate?

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Eh. He just flipped two letters. It's not like it was dramatically misspelled. They should have an auto-correct feature for Brodeur like when you type out Єklund (2.3% accurate). Are those numbers still accurate?

I'd say it's a bit higher. He totally called the Moulson to Minnesota deal hours before anyone got wind of it; that was a biggie.

You sure he does it on purpose?

He has spelled many players name wrong on many, if not all, of his posts.  He constantly puts Zajac as Zajak and when people point it out to him, he always gives the same responses:

1) Spelling is not as big of a deal as their play on the ice

or

2) Who cares how I spell them if they are not doing well they do not deserve to have their name spelled right.

At this point it's on purpose and has been for a long time.