The 2014 NJ Devils Offseason Thread

Derlique

wonder who's gonna go for Miller. I would say Vancouver but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to go younger...

Good question.  Winnipeg?  They can't be holding on faith with Pavelec for much longer.  Back to Buffalo?  Minnesota is possible.  Tampa Bay paired up with Ben Bishop would give Tampa a good 1-2 unit.  

On Miller, I believe he wants to go out West since his wife is in LA.  Of course the goalie factories of LA and Anaheim doesn't look like a landing spot for him, although I wouldn't rule out Anaheim if he takes a HUGE discount. San Jose is possible, but I am unsure of their plans for their UFA's and their overall Cap situation.  Vancouver could be the best fit. 

Any chance we package Schneider, 2nd rounder and whatever young D for a MAF and James Neal?

On Miller, I believe he wants to go out West since his wife is in LA.  Of course the goalie factories of LA and Anaheim doesn't look like a landing spot for him, although I wouldn't rule out Anaheim if he takes a HUGE discount. San Jose is possible, but I am unsure of their plans for their UFA's and their overall Cap situation.  Vancouver could be the best fit. 

Any chance we package Schneider, 2nd rounder and whatever young D for a MAF and James Neal?

Please no, I am not a fan of either. Neal is not the cleanest player and just am not a fan and Schneider is better than MAF imo

Please no, I am not a fan of either. Neal is not the cleanest player and just am not a fan and Schneider is better than MAF imo

OK, remember a guy that wore #22?

Anyway, I dislike Neal, but he would be truly devastating on a line with Zajac and Jagr.  And I saw those reports he supposedly wanted out of Pitt.  IF, that is true, then the Devils might be able to pull off a deal since he is somebody that would be usually unattainable with the current assets the Devils possess.  I really believe CS is not gonna sign here so, if he doesn't sign this summer, then I would be content iif something close to this happened.

No way to Neal, he's dirtier than LA cops, Carcillo, the New York Rangers, and most Flyers players.  He may help us, but I'm not ready to sell my soul.  Fleury...I want him even less so.  That being said, I could see Fleury going somewhere else and flourishing.  Why would Lou trade away Schneider a year after acquiring him?  If we see Schneider being traded, it's only because negotiations have failed.

Neal is pretty much the exact player we need. A winger who can pot thirty and muck it up a bit. I bet Lou would reign him in a bit if he tried to pull any of the cheap stuff

I wouldn't mind Neal at all.  I think our players were a little too soft last year and he would make a good addition.  Of course that is if the price is right.

I'd have a hard time rooting for Neal at first..he's like a spoiled little kid out there on the ice. If he doesn't get what he wants he starts throwing elbows and acting like an overall brat. Generally can't stand players like that..but Devils need scoring wingers.

Miller seems like a perfect fit for a one year deal from somewhere like Pittsburgh - get a Vokoun type contract, then try to find a starting gig.  San Jose could also pick him up if they trade Niemi, but I still don't see a home for Niemi (maybe Vancouver?)

Flyers are releasing draft tickets tomorrow at 1pm FYI - I'm sure they have info on their website

I actually got 4 tickets to day 1 and a pair for day 2 in today's prerelease (had to fill out a form on their website), but won't have extras.. Still, would be nice to see us represent there

Flyers are releasing draft tickets tomorrow at 1pm FYI - I'm sure they have info on their website

I actually got 4 tickets to day 1 and a pair for day 2 in today's prerelease (had to fill out a form on their website), but won't have extras.. Still, would be nice to see us represent there

I guess no lottery like how the devils did last year?

Face it, Lou is singing Brian Gionta, that will be his big splash this offseason.. just accept it and internalize it.. that way when it happens, the shock and disappointment will be much less aggravating. :koolaid:

No. I will still rage if it happens.

The more I hear talking about a Schneider extension the more I fear he won't re-sign. Even though we have signs that he probably will, I still have this bad feeling haha.

Imagine if Schneider signs elsewhere and Marty is our starting goaltender next year? Lol

Imagine if Schneider signs elsewhere and Marty is our starting goaltender next year? Lol

You do realize that Schneider is under contract until Summer 2015?  Marty will likely not be in the NHL anymore.  So no, I refuse to "imagine" these hells that you seem to think up on a hourly basis.  Go sit in a dark room some more and cut yourself some more. 

You do realize that Schneider is under contract until Summer 2015? Marty will likely not be in the NHL anymore. So no, I refuse to "imagine" these hells that you seem to think up on a hourly basis. Go sit in a dark room some more and cut yourself some more.

Jeezus, lighten up buddy. It was meant as humor.