The 2014 NJ Devils Offseason Thread

Derlique

The stats paint the picture of an AHL player, I don't really see what would get GMs excited about this guy. Maybe he's a 4th line type? His numbers don't suggest he is a top 9 forward at the NHL level.

If you want someone to compare him to, Hertl as an 18 year old during the lockout season had 30 points in 46 games in the Czech league. Also during the lockout season, bona fide NHLers appear to be at least point a game players (Zidlicky was one). Even past their prime players like Radek Bonk were too.

He basically seems like Harry Pesonen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know Schneider will be here long term by this line:

“As a Devil it’s not great to see the Rangers playing in the Final, but it’s good to see Alain back in the Final. I think he’s a great coach,” said Schneider, who played for Vigneault in Vancouver.

yeah this is good to hear, especially since he grew up idolizing Mike Richter ...but he now knows ...he's a Devil !

Interesting, the Hawks haven't been able to sign Kevin Hayes yet:  http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4683482/hawks-still-working-to-sign-prospect-hayes

Seems like a decent fit for NJ although he shoots left handed.  Still he apparently plays all 3 forward positions.  Not many places better to go if you're a young forward trying to break into the NHL.

Interesting, the Hawks haven't been able to sign Kevin Hayes yet:  http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4683482/hawks-still-working-to-sign-prospect-hayes

Seems like a decent fit for NJ although he shoots left handed.  Still he apparently plays all 3 forward positions.  Not many places better to go if you're a young forward trying to break into the NHL.

I read some rumors awhile ago that Kevin Hayes won't sign with the Blackhawks since his brother Jimmy didn't have a good experience with the organization. Who knows if it is true, it's just rumors.

Some people have suggested he should sign with the Flames to stay with Gaudreau and Arnold. :P

I read some rumors awhile ago that Kevin Hayes won't sign with the Blackhawks since his brother Jimmy didn't have a good experience with the organization. Who knows if it is true, it's just rumors.

Some people have suggested he should sign with the Flames to stay with Gaudreau and Arnold. :P

I mean, you'd think he would've signed already, there's no reason for this to take a long time, he's surely graduated by now and his pay isn't likely to include bonuses.  I'd bet on him not signing with Chicago.

What kind of a contract will Josefson get ?   is he still in the Devils long term plans (with Deboer as coach)

My gut feeling is that he's gone. I'm just wondering if it's to another NHL team or Europe. Last I checked, he had some of the best passing and zone exit stats on the team, just like Loktionov did when he got traded. Both Josefson and Loktionov liked to carry the puck in rather than dump it in which goes against DeBoer's system. I don't think Josefson is in the Devils plans and I think he could be a nice pickup for another team. Hope he gets a chance unlike last year.

Wasn't Dino Costa on Mad Dog Russo's channel on Sirius for a while? Pretty sure he was. Also, I wonder who his 'credible source based in NJ' is... I was thinking maybe its Allan Walsh. No reason to believe that other than Walsh is based in NJ and loves to flap his gums about sh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020

Wasn't Dino Costa on Mad Dog Russo's channel on Sirius for a while? Pretty sure he was. Also, I wonder who his 'credible source based in NJ' is... I was thinking maybe its Allan Walsh. No reason to believe that other than Walsh is based in NJ and loves to flap his gums about sh!t.

Yup. He now runs his own radio call in show under something of a unique business model. Forbes did a piece on it. He's kind of setting himself up to be the Rush Limbaugh of sports talk radio, or at least trying.

It could very well be a ploy to get people to subscribe to his show, which runs for $75 a year, and it's mostly profit.

Walsh isn't his agent (who is based in LA btw). Jay Grossman is his agent @Jay_Grossman.

Walsh isn't his agent (who is based in LA btw). Jay Grossman is his agent @Jay_Grossman.

Yeah I know Walsh isn't really connected to Kovy, I just mused it might be him because he's in NJ and has obvious connections being an agent. I don't really know who else it could be, unless Kovy still has family hanging around in Jersey somewhere.

Yeah I know Walsh isn't really connected to Kovy, I just mused it might be him because he's in NJ and has obvious connections being an agent. I don't really know who else it could be, unless Kovy still has family hanging around in Jersey somewhere.

It could be the voices in Costa's head.

On another note, not sure how everything was for his family and what not, but this had to be the worst possible year hockey results wise for Kovy.

- The Russians didn't medal at the Olympics

- He injured his knee during the Olympics and probably shouldn't have continued playing

- He played through the rest of the season with that injury and struggled mightily 

- With all the expectations for his huge spending St Petersburg team, they flamed out early in the playoffs and the owner fired everyone

- He skipped the WC to get surgery and the Russians wold Gold

On another note, not sure how everything was for his family and what not, but this had to be the worst possible year hockey results wise for Kovy.

- The Russians didn't medal at the Olympics

- He injured his knee during the Olympics and probably shouldn't have continued playing

- He played through the rest of the season with that injury and struggled mightily 

- With all the expectations for his huge spending St Petersburg team, they flamed out early in the playoffs and the owner fired everyone

- He skipped the WC to get surgery and the Russians wold Gold

The Russians also cheated. Some of the most despicable sh!t I've ever seen on ice.  Let me find the video

I still dont know why the Devils picked Tedenby

Central Scouting had Tedenby ranked as the fourth best European player, and he was a consensus first rounder, and ultimately selected at 24. sh!t happens sometimes.