2015 New York Jets thread

NJDevs4978

I actually wasn't watching the draft until just before the Jets pick but I watched the ESPN ticker scroll through the second-rounders and went wow, the TE is still there, maybe we'll get him.  And we actually didn't drop the ball on that one.  We needed a TE even worse than a WR in all honesty, and this guy's supposed to be really good.

Jets finally address WR early in the fourth round with one midget speed guy from Oklahoma (who's also a special teams player) and a big body from UCLA.

They ended up taking a third receiver in Quincy Enunwa. Don't know much about any of these guys...but if one of the 3 turn out to be a good NFLer it would be worth it

I think the Tajh Boyd pick is a bit of a waste. Maybe he makes the team as a fringe 3rd stringer...maybe he gets cut. Maybe he catches on as a special teamer after a position change, but I would've gone with an offensive tackle there.

Edited by '7'

Thought this deserved to be posted in both threads..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349625/article/don-jones-disciplined-for-tweets-about-michael-sam

..anyone else REALLY excited to play Miami this year?? :thumbsup:

one really has nothing to do with the other. its not like the guys going 2 get released. granted it was stupid to tweet but that doesnt mean ur going 2 beat them next yr

one really has nothing to do with the other. its not like the guys going 2 get released. granted it was stupid to tweet but that doesnt mean ur going 2 beat them next yr

After the whole Martin/Incognito thing this year, the Dolphins needed to tighten their ship and make sure stuff like this doesn't leak out into the media.

No it doesn't mean we're going to beat them but it shows that perhaps things are still a bit out of control their. They don't need any more negative PR

After the whole Martin/Incognito thing this year, the Dolphins needed to tighten their ship and make sure stuff like this doesn't leak out into the media.

No it doesn't mean we're going to beat them but it shows that perhaps things are still a bit out of control their. They don't need any more negative PR

I'd venture a guess that most of the players in every NFL lockerroom feel the same way. Certainly the homophobic stuff from the Niners player didn't all the sudden turn them into a disaster.

And the Incognito/Martin thing, which the press tried to turn into a giant sh!t storm, had zero effect on the results on the field, except that they didn't have the services of someone who was a pretty good NFL guard. As I recall, a few weeks later, they went into MetLife and stomped on the Jets, and managed to beat the Pats a few weeks after that. Frankly, the Dolphins are probably a below .500 team if Martin got playing time of any significance after his meltdown (it's hard for people that don't follow the Dolphins to realize how awful Martin was on the field).

Jones is a pretty good special teams guy that will go through the motions in his sensitivity training, and, if he's smart, will shut off his twitter account.

I fully expect another mediocre season from the Dolphins, and it's a coin flip that they're worse than the Jets, or perhaps even last in the division. A borderline roster player tweeting that he's grossed about by two men kissing won't have much to do with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miami has been in complete and utter free-fall since Halloween.

The Dolphins started 2013 like a bat-outta-hell.. an undefeated team heading into Week 4. Then the Incognito\Martin fiasco broke on October 31st. Miami promptly showed Richie the door, and won only 4 more games from that point on, till the end of the season. Joining Jonathan Martin & Richie Incognito.. is John Jerry --who started all 16 games last season-- also shown the door. Should Miami finish with a .500 record or better, they'll be the first team in NFL history to replace ⅘ their offensive-line in one offseason, and win at least 8 games the following year. The Jets meanwhile have one of the best front seven's in the NFL, and are about to feast on rookies come September.

We have split the season-series with Miami, practically every season for the past 6 years. Both teams are 6-6 since 2008. This is the year we sweep the fvcking fish!

..if the Jets can go 4-2 within the Division this year, or unbelievably.. 5 wins! --then this could be a very special season for Gang Green. Never before has the AFC East.. outside of New England, been as fragile as it is right now.

Miami has been in complete and utter free-fall since Halloween.

The Dolphins started 2013 like a bat-outta-hell.. an undefeated team heading into Week 4. Then the Incognito\Martin fiasco broke on October 31st. Miami promptly showed Richie the door, and won only 4 more games from that point on, till the end of the season. Joining Jonathan Martin & Richie Incognito.. is John Jerry --who started all 16 games last season-- also shown the door. Should Miami finish with a .500 record or better, they'll be the first team in NFL history to replace ⅘ their offensive-line in one offseason, and win at least 8 games the following year. The Jets meanwhile have one of the best front seven's in the NFL, and are about to feast on rookies come September.

We have split the season-series with Miami, practically every season for the past 6 years. Both teams are 6-6 since 2008. This is the year we sweep the fvcking fish!

..if the Jets can go 4-2 within the Division this year, or unbelievably.. 5 wins! --then this could be a very special season for Gang Green. Never before has the AFC East.. outside of New England, been as fragile as it is right now.

Buffalo for whatever reason scares me a little. Though me...and everybody else seems to think next year will be their year and its never their year as they middle around at 6-10, 7-9 and the like as relocation rumors swirl.

But their defense can absolutely get after the QB, and their secondary is larcenous. But it never comes together for some reason.

I think this year in the AFC East will be like 2002. Could be another 3 way 9-7 tie for 1st with somebody getting the tiebreaker with perhaps a wild card fallback for the runner up. Jets will be in the mix as they will improve in all aspects of the game. Even with a league average Geno Smith it's hard to project the Jets at under 8 wins with how competitive Rex always keeps the defense

Edited by '7'

There is no possible way the Dolphins will have a good season. We're utter garbage. No talent at QB. No talent at the skill positions. No possibility of contention. We shall bow down to the unbeatable Jets. We are simply not in the Jets' class. I predict a combined final score of 175-7 Jets in the two games with Geno throwing for 47 TD's. I don't even think we should be on the same field with them they're gonna be so awesome.

• Like 1

There is no possible way the Dolphins will have a good season. We're utter garbage. No talent at QB. No talent at the skill positions. No possibility of contention. We shall bow down to the unbeatable Jets. We are simply not in the Jets' class. I predict a combined final score of 175-7 Jets in the two games with Geno throwing for 47 TD's. I don't even think we should be on the same field with them they're gonna be so awesome.

u would think so w.the smug arrogance of beez. still dont see how a tweet means the dolphins should forfeit the season

u would think so w.the smug arrogance of beez. still dont see how a tweet means the dolphins should forfeit the season

We should forfeit the season because we're the Dolphins. We're a mess. Everyone in the media and the fans of all the other AFC East teams always speak truth when it comes to the Fins, everyone knows this. They should shut down the franchise and move it to Stockholm to play in the NFL Euro Division with the London Jags and the Frankfurt Bucs. Its just a completely untenable situation with no cause for hope.

Because Geno Dick Pic and Michael Dog Electrocutor never said anything naughty in a tweet.

Jones is a pretty good special teams guy that will go through the motions in his sensitivity training, and, if he's smart, will shut off his twitter account.

..how about the rest of the players on your team? Do their twitter privileges need to be revoked aswell?

http://www.totalprosports.com/2014/05/10/dolphins-mike-pouncey-tweet-jawuan-james-draft-pick-bullying/

It's sad when grown men have to be treated like children, isn't it? Can't wait to see what fat-mouth Mike tweets when the league suspends him for the first 4 games of next season.

u would think so w.the smug arrogance of beez

Smug arrogance?? Get a clue. I pencil in a win\loss split EVERY YEAR with Miami when I look at the season schedule when it's released. I've been doing that since 2003.. but not this year. The holes that are on that team play into the Jets strengths.. and the pressure on guys like Pouncey, Philbin, Tannehill, whom are on their last lifeline, will make them crack in the end.

The Jets sweep Miami both games this season.. book that!!

It's sad when grown men have to be treated like children, isn't it? Can't wait to see what fat-mouth Mike tweets when the league suspends him for the first 4 games of next season.

!!

It's sad when you have an owner so desperate for publicity and trying to do something without his daddy's money that he brings on has been college QB one year, and an animal torturer the next.

But yeah, Mike Pouncey making a joke in a tweet is much, much worse.

Most Jet fans I know kind of have a sense of humility. That's gotta be Jim Jones grade Kool Aid you're gulping if your excited about Geno Smith.

That's gotta be Jim Jones grade Kool Aid you're gulping if your excited about Geno Smith.

Geno Smith? --no, not really. The 33 year old guy who's played 130 games, and has lost only 48 of them? Yeah.. him I'm kinda excited about.

No more Matt Simms to gameplan for anymore Daniel. No more Kellen Clemens, or Eric Ainge.. or Mark Brunell, Brady Quinn, Kevin O'Connell, Greg McElroy, David Garrard, etc.

Rowdy Rex has a QB now.. uh oh.. ;)

Edited by Beezer34

Yes, we are all very worried obviously now that Rex has the dog murderer as his QB, there is no question about that- I know I am. Daniel, I don't think the Fins should show up for these games against the dog murderer... Its just gonna be too much to handle. The Jets are gonna be RIDICULOUS. I'm already in awe of the dynamic offense that will be led by the dog murderer and CJ2YPC. What's the phrase- 'scared sh!tless'? Something like that- anyway, that's what I am. Just scared sh!tless of the Jets. Its just gonna be too tough to knock them off this year.

I'm surprised Miami stayed in the race as long as they did after what happened with the OL last year, they did actually keep their team together for the most part somehow.  Even the OL talent drain didn't kill them until the last two weeks.  Then maybe it caught up with them or whatever when they laid two horrendous duds at the end of the season.  But it's not like they nosedived right after the Incognito fiasco, they actually had a three-game winning streak at one point.

And honestly I never heard of this dope who made the Michael Sam remarks before a day and a half ago.  Just like I don't remember the dope who made anti-gay comments the week of the Super Bowl in San Francisco.  Anyone that thinks there aren't homophobic guys in just about every locker room is kidding themselves.  That's why having a 'public' gay player is a big step toward getting rid of that culture.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm surprised Miami stayed in the race as long as they did after what happened with the OL last year, they did actually keep their team together for the most part somehow. Even the OL talent drain didn't kill them until the last two weeks. Then maybe it caught up with them or whatever when they laid two horrendous duds at the end of the season. But it's not like they nosedived right after the Incognito fiasco, they actually had a three-game winning streak at one point.

And honestly I never heard of this dope who made the Michael Sam remarks before a day and a half ago. Just like I don't remember the dope who made anti-gay comments the week of the Super Bowl in San Francisco. Anyone that thinks there aren't homophobic guys in just about every locker room is kidding themselves. That's why having a 'public' gay player is a big step toward getting rid of that culture.

The Dolphins Oline was terrible all year, in no small part due to Jonathan Martin being a turnstile. The Dolphins defense was very good, and was the reason they ended up getting a lot of their wins.

And the Dolphins and the NFL are a private business that ought to be able to do what it wants. But society as a whole goes into dangerous territory when we start creating thought crimes, which is really what's going on here. Not too long ago, religious people were told to change the channel if they were offended by what they saw on TV. I believe we'd all be better off if people are offended by something they read on twitter simply unfollow them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not so sure the Dolphins really improved via a the draft this year

If James can be a legitimate NFL right guard either immediately or relatively soon, the draft will have been a success.  The icing on the cake will be if Turner also becomes a legitimate offensive lineman.  It basically sews up what was Miami's biggest issue last year.

We'll see about Jarvis Landry.  The guy seems like he is of the mold of Hines Ward.  However, an analytics guy stated that his poor 40 yd dash time, even at his pro day, is an indication that he won't make it in the NFL.  We'll see.