Vancouver tells Torts to hit the bricks

Bartholomew Hunt

Pittsburgh can match the Rags speed, Pittsburgh has a better O and D than Philly. Other than goal (where Lundqvist is slipping himself) the Pens are decidedly better. They will beat the Rags

Edited by '7'

Pittsburgh can match the Rags speed, Pittsburgh has a better O and D than Philly. Other than goal (where Lundqvist is slipping himself) the Pens are decidedly better. They will beat the Rags

The Rangers won a round with Nash being invisible, St Louis dissapearing in the last half of that series and no Kreider. If any of that changes, i think you have to start taking them seriously.

Then again, it can be said that the Flyers not having Mason early on, no Grossmann and the insertion of Hal Gill cost them that series and i'd agree, too. Emery did a serviceable job under the circumstance, but there's no way you win a round with him in net.

My fear with Pittsburgh lies with MAF. He can easily lose this series on his own. 

I'd love to have Torts as an NBC analyst. He definitely has a mind for the game, but I didn't think Vancouver was a good fit for him from the get go. Soft team led by two even softer players in the Sedin twins.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd love to have Torts as an NBC analyst. He definitely has a mind for the game, but I didn't think Vancouver was a good fit for him from the get go. Soft team led by two even softer players in the Sedin twins.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Abaolutely. Everything you said is dead on.

The Rangers won a round with Nash being invisible, St Louis dissapearing in the last half of that series and no Kreider. If any of that changes, i think you have to start taking them seriously.

Then again, it can be said that the Flyers not having Mason early on, no Grossmann and the insertion of Hal Gill cost them that series and i'd agree, too. Emery did a serviceable job under the circumstance, but there's no way you win a round with him in net.

You could flip it around and say, Nash has always been invisible in the playoffs, St. Louis only had a good couple games but is mostly not a great fit for the Rangers, and that a Kreider fresh from injury isn't a significant boost to their team. Lundqvist is showing signs of wear and tear, and let's face it, any team in the East would've beat Philly first round, the way they played (including Columbus).

I think a lot of things have to go wrong for Pittsburgh to lose this one. Their team is just too strong, and the Rangers are not the Philly-like (or NJ-like, considering we always beat them) team that can frustrate their offense and draw penalties. I see Rangers as a wanna-be version of the Penguins, but the Penguins win out in both skill, or grit if they need to. Only X-Factor would be Lundqvist obviously, but he'd have to absolutely steal a few games for me to think the Rangers will win this one.

Torts is a very good coach, but he needs a young team to build. The Rangers would not be half as good as they are now without him.

Florida would be a great spot for him.

Nashville might be a good spot for him too. Solid D, top 5 goalie. There's a young foundation there. Of course I don't know if Torts' brash personality will go over very well in a market like Nashville... Edited by MadDog2020