This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

Seven years for Gaborik?!?!?!? Do the Kings not know he's already 32?

I'm sure it was like $6m/5 or $4.9/7 ultimatum. I can't see the cap or other issues making $4.9 look TOO bad in 5-6 years even with a retirement/recapture or another buyout period. Worth it, for the Kings. His chemistry with the team was noticeably improved than anywhere he's been since Minnesota or his first year or so with New York.

Edited by DJ Eco

Gaborik's agent just set the bar a bit lower for a few guys. This is good news, I think?

There is no bar.  There are no comparisons.  The market sets the price - it's all about what one team is willing to pay, and what one player is willing to accept.

I'm a big Fayne supporter but I would not sign him for 4 or 5 years.

I would do four if the AAV is around $3 million. But I'm just more bummed about it because it means that The defense will be worse next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would go up to three years at 3.5 million for him but someone will pay him more than that. It will be a shame if both Volch and Sal remain on the team at the expense of Fayne.

yea when you think about it, we could buy out Volch (4.25mil cap hit) or Sal (3.125 ish) and definitely be able to offer Fayne a competitive offer, and probably save some money in addition. 

i am a supporter of Volch though, but you get the point

Predictions for the offers being fielded to Fayne? Someone could be paying him 4million per year.  Does anyone think it could go any higher than that?  He's just not worth that 4 or 4.5 million over 5 or 6 years.  He's just not.  I'd cave and try to offer 4/yr for 2 or 3 years.

Predictions for the offers being fielded to Fayne? Someone could be paying him 4million per year.  Does anyone think it could go any higher than that?  He's just not worth that 4 or 4.5 million over 5 or 6 years.  He's just not.  I'd cave and try to offer 4/yr for 2 or 3 years.

hes a solid player but it is crazy to think that someone with as little proven as Fayne could be getting 4 million/year

hes a solid player but it is crazy to think that someone with as little proven as Fayne could be getting 4 million/year

He is proven?  He's been a steady contributor in the lineup, plays against top competition, and he's been to a SCF playing on the top pairing?  I think other teams will bite.