Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!&#33

Neb00rs

Its amazing how quickly ive gone from detesting the Kings to being their #1 fan!

Look at the bright side. They're the one team capable of fully shaming our biggest rivals. Allow me to explain:

• A series of trades over the course of 6 months reunite Jeff Carter and Mike Richards in Los Angeles, less than one year removed from being the captain and assistant captain to the Philadelphia Flyers. These two former Flyers play a large role in their run and go on to win the Stanley Cup.
  • Happenstance and some shrewd maneuvering land Marian Gaborik in a Kings jersey at the deadline, the New York Rangers' former star forward. This former Rangers star has played a huge role in their playoff run and can potentially go on to win a Stanley Cup if they beat his former team.

Sure, us making the playoffs and beating our rivals would be better, but this is an okay alternative... very passive aggressive way of angering our rivals, seeing their former stars from a year or two ago see mega success.

Edited by DJ Eco

Look at the bright side. They're the one team capable of fully shaming our biggest rivals. Allow me to explain:

• A series of trades over the course of 6 months reunite Jeff Carter and Mike Richards in Los Angeles, less than one year removed from being the captain and assistant captain to the Philadelphia Flyers. These two former Flyers play a large role in their run and go on to win the Stanley Cup.
  • Happenstance and some shrewd maneuvering land Marian Gaborik in a Kings jersey at the deadline, the New York Rangers' former star forward. This former Rangers star has played a huge role in their playoff run and can potentially go on to win a Stanley Cup if they beat his former team.

Sure, us making the playoffs and beating our rivals would be better, but this is an okay alternative... very passive aggressive way of angering our rivals, seeing their former stars from a year or two ago see mega success.

And, so it shall be!

Crybaby Rags fan whining about StubHub not honoring tickets he bought weeks ago that were listed by mistake to game 6 of the SCF for $12 each.

His quotes about this is important because the Rags have only won 1 cup in 74 years is priceless

http://www.nj.com/rangers/index.ssf/2014/06/rangers_fan_buys_four_seats_for_game_6_of_the_stanley_cup_finals_for_12.html#incart_river_default

I have never seen so many people wearing fresh crisp brand new Rangers tee shirts in my life, as I have walking around Woodbridge Center Mall this afternoon. Heard a girl ask for a "Michael Zuccarillo" shirt at the apparel store upstairs. Sigh.

The ONLY upside I see to this is that, since the Devils came to New Jersey, every single time the Rangers made the Stanley Cup Final, the Devils went on to win the Cup the next year.

...yep. Book it.

I have never seen so many people wearing fresh crisp brand new Rangers tee shirts in my life, as I have walking around Woodbridge Center Mall this afternoon. Heard a girl ask for a "Michael Zuccarillo" shirt at the apparel store upstairs. Sigh.

The ONLY upside I see to this is that, since the Devils came to New Jersey, every single time the Rangers made the Stanley Cup Final, the Devils went on to win the Cup the next year.

...yep. Book it.

That reminds me of what I saw at Modells on Saturday in Bridgewater (Somerville Circle).  I was around the hockey stuff and this woman and her husband (both in their late 30's to early 40's) were checking out the Rangers gear and she spots a Callahan player t-shirt and is amazed at how much it is discounted.  Her and her husband then bring it up and remark to the cashier about how that shirt is so much less than the other's because "he must be a not-so-popular Rangers player."  The cashier had to explain to them that its discounted because he is no longer on the team and these two bozo's looked amazed and actually said "well if he is no longer on the team why do you sell his stuff then!?"

This is your average NYR fan of the past 4 weeks ladies and gentleman.

...yep. Book it.

I was at the mall today too- the window art at Dick's made me shake my head.

That was there last round too. Interestingly they didn't do anything like that in 2012. Sick of this team being second class citizens in our own fvckin state.

That crap is why I don't park over there anymore. Now I go in through Boscov's and make a beeline for Starbucks.

That was there last round too. Interestingly they didn't do anything like that in 2012. Sick of this team being second class citizens in our own fvckin state.

That crap is why I don't park over there anymore. Now I go in through Boscov's and make a beeline for Starbucks.

Isn't that sports store run by Devils fans (or at least mostly Devils fans)?  At least there is that then.

Dick's at Freehold Mall?  I've bitched to every employee there what a disgrace it is and that they did nothing like that in 2012 for an actual NJ team. They've had theses Ranger paintings up since the Pens series.

Dick's at Freehold Mall?  I've bitched to every employee there what a disgrace it is and that they did nothing like that in 2012 for an actual NJ team. They've had theses Ranger paintings up since the Pens series.

This was at the Dick's at Woodbridge Center. Must be a company wide thing they're doing.

Got an email from the Bridgewater Houlihan's saying you'll get a free appetizer if you're wearing Rangers gear.  Again, nothing like this in 2012.  I'll never go there again.

Yeah I posted about that too a couple days ago when I got that email.  That particular location has sucked for years with the rude, mutant bartenders there so no loss for me.

noticed that the dicks in rockland county ny had the same nasty window art as well.. made me not want to do business there any more

That's fair game though, I won't hate on Rangers fans in Rockland County. It's the Jersey ones that really enrage me though.

There's conflicting reports if Doughty grew up an NJD or King's fan. His draft profile says NJ, probably because of Nieds.

www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=3

I would give a body part to get him here.

Carlson grew up a Devils fan from what I've read. All the more reason I was hoping we'd draft him that year. Picking Tedenby then felt like a mistake. Now in retrospect...ouch.

Edited by landofvanilla

Listen, I hate the Rangers and their fans as much as the next guy.  Especially those who live in and trash NJ.

But it's not exactly a secret that the Rangers probably have a lot more fans, especially in Northern NJ.  These businesses are just trying to capitalize on the hype that the Rangers are generating.  I can't exactly blame them (although I certainly wouldn't give any my business).

Would I have liked to see this much hype when the Devils were in the show?  Of course.. but unfortunately the Devils aren't at that level (PR-wise).  Thankfully Lou is no longer in charge of marketing the team, maybe we'll see a reverse in this trend in the coming years.