Halak signs 4-year deal with Isles

MadDog2020

Seems like a pretty fair signing.

They'd better have a decent season next year...Buffalo has the Isles' 2015 first-round pick now.   

Seems like a pretty fair signing.

They'd better have a decent season next year...Buffalo has the Isles' 2015 first-round pick now.   

That could end up being the Sabres version of Kurvers to Toronto.  I mean imagine Buffalo ending up with two of McDavid, Eichel or Hanifan.  You figure they're going to draft someone who should turn out to be very good this year, that's basically a team could easily win at least four Cups within a decade. 

The Islanders are the gift that keeps on giving.  It's really a shame we're in the same division and haven't been in a position to take advantage of the Milbury/Snow level of stupidity. 

• Like 1

That could end up being the Sabres version of Kurvers to Toronto. I mean imagine Buffalo ending up with two of McDavid, Eichel or Hanifan. You figure they're going to draft someone who should turn out to be very good this year, that's basically a team could easily win at least four Cups within a decade.

The Islanders are the gift that keeps on giving. It's really a shame we're in the same division and haven't been in a position to take advantage of the Milbury/Snow level of stupidity.

That would be crazy, but its entirely possible... With all of the talent the Islanders have basically given away over the years, Tavares has to be thinking to himself 'why couldn't they have traded the pick that turned out to be ME?!' Lol. Edited by MadDog2020

That could end up being the Sabres version of Kurvers to Toronto.  I mean imagine Buffalo ending up with two of McDavid, Eichel or Hanifan.  You figure they're going to draft someone who should turn out to be very good this year, that's basically a team could easily win at least four Cups within a decade. 

The Islanders are the gift that keeps on giving.  It's really a shame we're in the same division and haven't been in a position to take advantage of the Milbury/Snow level of stupidity. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Toronto made a slew of desperate moves to keep from finishing last overall, and having to suffer the embarrassment of watching the Devils select Lindros with the first pick...they got off to a 4-21-1 start before "recovering" to go 19-25-10 the rest of the way. 

Obviously it was different back then (no lottery), but I can't help but wonder if the Islanders do whatever they have to, to try to prevent that pick from being a potential #1 overall.

I was thinking the same thing.  Toronto made a slew of desperate moves to keep from finishing last overall, and having to suffer the embarrassment of watching the Devils select Lindros with the first pick...they got off to a 4-21-1 start before "recovering" to go 19-25-10 the rest of the way. 

Obviously it was different back then (no lottery), but I can't help but wonder if the Islanders do whatever they have to, to try to prevent that pick from being a potential #1 overall.

But next year it isn't just the #1 overall.  You have Eichel who could also be a generational talent, or very close to it.  And then there's Hanifin that has the same level of hype as Seth Jones.

But next year it isn't just the #1 overall.  You have Eichel who could also be a generational talent, or very close to it.  And then there's Hanifin that has the same level of hype as Seth Jones.

Oh I know...that '91 draft has some terrific players at the top too.  Falloon was clearly a bust, but he was #2 on pretty much everyone's depth chart.  Niedermayer went 3rd of course, Forsberg went 6th, Kovalev 15th (many said he would've gone second if he wasn't Russian...he was the first Russian ever taken in the first round), Naslund 16th.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

A good signing which upgrades them in net. But the way they give away 1st round picks is insane. It's one thing if you're in it and making a run. Halak has only been a true No.1 one year. Since that run he had with the Habs, he hasn't turned into that goalie. Still can't believe he asked out of starting in his return to St. Louis with the Caps' season on the line. Until the Isles develop a young goalie, they'll be hard pressed to compete in the division.

Tavares/Strome should be a great 1-2. Okposo took a big step. They have to hope Nelson becomes a solid 3. Bailey is an enigma despite talent. Grabner should be a 25-30 goal guy. I've never seen anyone blow more chances. They grossly mismanaged an asset in Niederreiter moving a 1st round pick for Clutterbuck. He asked out but that's all Snow could muster.

A good signing which upgrades them in net. But the way they give away 1st round picks is insane. It's one thing if you're in it and making a run. Halak has only been a true No.1 one year. Since that run he had with the Habs, he hasn't turned into that goalie. Still can't believe he asked out of starting in his return to St. Louis with the Caps' season on the line. Until the Isles develop a young goalie, they'll be hard pressed to compete in the division.

Tavares/Strome should be a great 1-2. Okposo took a big step. They have to hope Nelson becomes a solid 3. Bailey is an enigma despite talent. Grabner should be a 25-30 goal guy. I've never seen anyone blow more chances. They grossly mismanaged an asset in Niederreiter moving a 1st round pick for Clutterbuck. He asked out but that's all Snow could muster.

Buffalo conitues to do well for themselves.

Halak greatly improves their goaltending which has been a disaster the last few years with Nabakov and Montoya and whoever else was replacing the injured Dipietro.

Snow can't worry about what the top 5 picks in the draft are. His only goal it to make sure they aren't close to the bottom of the lottery. Halak will help them with that,

Buffalo conitues to do well for themselves.

Halak greatly improves their goaltending which has been a disaster the last few years with Nabakov and Montoya and whoever else was replacing the injured Dipietro.

Snow can't worry about what the top 5 picks in the draft are. His only goal it to make sure they aren't close to the bottom of the lottery. Halak will help them with that,

I expect the Islanders to be pretty aggressive this offseason...the big question is how much are they willing to overpay to get players to come there?