Doc in NHL 15

Bonginator11

It's not about rules but damn does our fanbase know how to make themselves look bad and have an huge inferiority complex.

Again its not about the fact that we won the ECF but the fact that it was against the Rags is why fans go nuts over it.  How come fans don't bring up our win against Pittsburgh in the 2001 ECF as much then?  Hell they hardly brought it up a year or 2 years or 3 years after as well.

Because 2001 was a disappointment and 2012 was an out-of-nowhere run to the finals. The Devils were supposed to be out in round 1.

Who cares how the fanbase looks? I think it's a massive inferiority complex to be so focused on what everyone else thinks about us or our fanbase. Who cares? Henrique's goal was a great moment, and a lot of fans enjoyed it. You just have a huge issue with people enjoying anything in a way that you don't approve of.

It's not about rules but damn does our fanbase know how to make themselves look bad and have an huge inferiority complex.

Again its not about the fact that we won the ECF but the fact that it was against the Rags is why fans go nuts over it.  How come fans don't bring up our win against Pittsburgh in the 2001 ECF as much then?  Hell they hardly brought it up a year or 2 years or 3 years after as well.

Well we hate the Rags...duh. They hate us, too. Stop the presses. No one thinks our fans look bad. You're the only one who tends to look at our fanbase in a negative light.

Eh now I am starting to think you two are right.  Maybe I am looking at this too harshly (I am being 100% honest with this).

I think one of the things I will do for this coming season is to be less critical of our own fans and just let it be.  God knows it will be better for myself and others lol.

Ok carry on about NHL 15 now.  I don't play the game so ummmm there's that.

• Like 1

Eh now I am starting to think you two are right.  Maybe I am looking at this too harshly (I am being 100% honest with this).

I think one of the things I will do for this coming season is to be less critical of our own fans and just let it be.  God knows it will be better for myself and others lol.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. People here have criticisms for half the fanbases in the league (Rangers, Flyers, Kings, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Habs, Penguins, etc), so I don't think it is wrong to find a double standard or call into question some opinions you disagree with.

But it is a Devils message board and most people posting are going to have strong opinions to the contrary. That's fine too. 

this forum is starting to become pathetic with the derailments and stupid arguments back and forth all the time.. people on here talk sh!t about the people on hf but atleast their mods crack the whip when it needs to be done over here.. theres no mods over here to take control

Do you hear Rags fans sing songs about the Devils when they are not playing the Rangers?  Nope.  To say that Rags fans are just as focused on the Devils as we are on them is hopeful at best.

As for the Henrique goal if that was true that is signified more than about 1994, then why is every time I see it the Rags are front in center on the topic?  Let's say the Devils did that against a team such as Boston.  Devils fans would bring it up still but not to the level as they do against the Rags.  At least 75% of the reason Devils fans bring up the Henrique goal is because of it was against the Rags.

Rangers fans don't have chants about the Devils, but instead they go to Newark to wear their Avery jerseys at a Devils and Coyotes game while the Rangers are playing the Flyers just a few train stops away!

this forum is starting to become pathetic with the derailments and stupid arguments back and forth all the time.. people on here talk sh!t about the people on hf but atleast their mods crack the whip when it needs to be done over here.. theres no mods over here to take control

It's the offseason - chillax.  I'd rather some disagreements take place than this place completely dry up during the summer months like it used to.  It's an active community, there are bound to be disagreements.  Still a great forum.

It's the offseason - chillax.  I'd rather some disagreements take place than this place completely dry up during the summer months like it used to.  It's an active community, there are bound to be disagreements.  Still a great forum.

theres just no moderators that are active in keeping the place in check.. 2 people get into an argument in a thread that has nothing to do with the thread and every single person on the board has to read through it.. if people want to clog up threads by arguing they should just start arguing through pm.

theres just no moderators that are active in keeping the place in check.. 2 people get into an argument in a thread that has nothing to do with the thread and every single person on the board has to read through it.. if people want to clog up threads by arguing they should just start arguing through pm.

This is fair, I'll agree with the bolded.

I do prefer this moderation type that DM and Msweet provide though.  I have so many infractions on hfboards just from speaking objectively that I've completely lost count.  

and now im posting again which is continuing to de-rail the thread but i guess at this point who cares the entire thread basically has nothing to do with the title at this point.. ill agree with the mods on hf being way too over the top with everything.. its a bit much sometimes its annoying which is why i dont post their much i usually go over there to read the offseason thread because i like seeing who people think could be a possibility to come here next season.

Anyone else think it'll be nice to not hear Clement talk about how we won the 2012 Cup when you play as the Devils?

It was bad they let it in NHL 13 and even worse when it was still in the damn game last year.

Also, I'm beyond thrilled McGuire isn't the one doing the between the glass.

• Like 1

and now im posting again which is continuing to de-rail the thread but i guess at this point who cares the entire thread basically has nothing to do with the title at this point.. ill agree with the mods on hf being way too over the top with everything.. its a bit much sometimes its annoying which is why i dont post their much i usually go over there to read the offseason thread because i like seeing who people think could be a possibility to come here next season.

Threads/discussions can get derailed are any point.  It's not like this was done entirely on purpose.  That's why they're called discussions.  It happens.

Much respect.  Takes guts to admit something like this publicly.  Fans will be fans, but not all are the same.  Respect.

Edited by RizzMB30

Anyone else think it'll be nice to not hear Clement talk about how we won the 2012 Cup when you play as the Devils?

It was bad they let it in NHL 13 and even worse when it was still in the damn game last year.

Also, I'm beyond thrilled McGuire isn't the one doing the between the glass.

I noticed this as well.  I constantly heard it at the beginning of the season and I was like, "Wait, what?"  Clement is a bullsh!tter.  Not only was it wrong, but it threw me for a loop because I've never heard the color guys give false information. 

Ugh can we please move away from this?

On Sunday was the 2-year anniversary of that happening and every devils fan group on Facebook was all over it. We make fun of the rangers and their fans for constantly bringing up 1994 especially since we won the cup three times since. Now we are constantly bringing up something that happened two years ago while the rags are one win away from being in the finals. Sunday was one of those days I was a bit embarrassed to be a devils fan.

Reminds me of a time when I was leaving a Devils game a few years ago that eliminated them from playoff contention, and someome yelled 'Rangers suck!" And another Devs fan yelled back, "So do we!" Edited by slasher72

Reminds me of a time when I was leaving a Devils game a few years ago that eliminated them from playoff contention, and someome yelled 'Rangers suck!" And another Devs fan yelled back, "So do we!"

Some fan.  I've heard all kinds of pessimism on this board.  But jesus christ buddy, you take the cake. 

• 2 weeks later...

Re:  the above...I hate when trailers show nothing but replay-type footage and theatrics.  How about just some simple gameplay footage...you know, the stuff players are going to be watching 90% of the time, instead of the fluff? 

Re:  the above...I hate when trailers show nothing but replay-type footage and theatrics.  How about just some simple gameplay footage...you know, the stuff players are going to be watching 90% of the time, instead of the fluff? 

Because videos like the one above make me already know I'll have 60 less dollars in September because I'm a sucker.

Because videos like the one above make me already know I'll have 60 less dollars in September because I'm a sucker.

I hear ya, I just don't see why they can't show roughly 10 seconds or so of actual gameplay.  With the power of these systems, we know the fluff footage is going to look awesome.

Or you can be like me and still play Blades of Steel or Ice Hockey on my NES.

And not that I'm complaining, but it's kind of funny how no one makes an East-to-West hockey game anymore (basically what you'd see on TV).  The original Nintendo hockey, Blades of Steel...I think there was an ESPN Hockey for the Genesis waaaaaaay back in the day that was the first (and maybe only) one to offer both East-to-West and North-to-South views. 

I'm stuck on NHL 2K5 myself...the AI goes into cheap mode sometimes (basically decides it's going to win no matter what you do), but I just happen to like that one.  I have NHL 14 but haven't really dove into it yet.