Corey Crawford to be charged with battery?

Hi, I'm VALUE!

From this link:

Los Angeles police say they are investigating a battery report from a fan who says Crawford sprayed water in his face during Game 4 at Staples Center. The report alleges Crawford used a water bottle to spray the face of the heckling fan, who was thrown out of the arena and later filed the complaint with police.

More extensive coverage here.

Is that even a thing?  Can you get charged with battery for squirting a fan with water?  Seems kinda silly to me

The report also says Wong believes the bottle Crawford supposedly used was filled with backwash (water spit back into the container) and that his eyes were irritated following the incident.

Are you kidding me?  Why in the fvck would a water bottle be filled with backwash?  The mouth of the athlete never comes into direct contact with the nozzle, they squirt the water by squeezing the bottle.  If you can't handle the consequences of heckling athletes(at least hockey players) who are mostly good natured, THEN DON'T HECKLE! Give me a break.  He made the conscious decision to heckle Crawford.

Wonder if Crawford will be arrested and booked by the police when he steps off the plane at LAX today?  This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time.  

It does say in the article:

There were conflicting reports on Wednesday after the LAPD told CBS 2 they aren't looking into the matter, although the report didn't deny that a battery complaint was filed.

Edited by NJDevils1214

If the Rangers win tonight, I absolutely want LA to win tomorrow. I can't wait to see how the Rangers deal with the annoyance of LA fans and media coverage. Watching them and the idiotic Habs fans go at it is entertaining enough. Imagine seeing this story and Lundqvist involved somehow? New York Post would lose its sh!t. Blackhawks-Rangers series would be a lot more tame and even a loss against Chicago would be a lot easier to swallow. 

Edited by DJ Eco

Are you kidding me?  If you can't handle the consequences of heckling athletes(at least hockey players) who are mostly good natured, THEN DON'T HECKLE! Give me a break.  He made the conscious decision to heckle Crawford.

seems like its working

Kings fans are idiots. Not on the level of Rags or Flyers fans, but idiots nonetheless, many of them bandwagon idiots. This guy may be the worst, but what a pathetic group of people. Since I also don't like Dustin Brown, I really want Chicago to win. If LA wins game 7, I'll have to pull for them, but I'd rather move to a different country and find a new sport.

Kings fans are idiots. Not on the level of Rags or Flyers fans, but idiots nonetheless, many of them bandwagon idiots. This guy may be the worst, but what a pathetic group of people. Since I also don't like Dustin Brown, I really want Chicago to win. If LA wins game 7, I'll have to pull for them, but I'd rather move to a different country and find a new sport.

other than blogs and social media, you wont hear much about the Kings winning the cup, they're far enough away, but if the rags win...ugh forgetaboutit !