Pete on HNIC Radio

MadDog2020

I know he has to say it for political reasons, but the phrase "we can always use more great goaltending" when referring to Brodeur at this stage of his career makes me cringe.

Yeah, at this point everyone knows it's not true and that there's no way he really thinks that...I firmly believe PDB can't be that blind...it's almost become an "wink wink nudge nudge" inside joke.

I said it in another place, but I'll repeat it here:

Remember back in high school or college when you'd lie about a grade you got to family or friends, and you repeated that new mark out loud or in your head so much so that you actually forgot the actual grade you received?

Well that's how I imagine it to be with Pete after going on and on for so long about how good Brodeur is.

Edited by devilsrule33

he put cory in the outdoor game after marty sh!t the ice

could have ruined cory's devils career right there.

pretty much the only place cory cant start in the nhl is NJ and NY and LA

not even VAN anymore.

Edited by lazer

I don't think Cory would welcome Brodeur back. And that would preclude him signing long term. Enough of this drama. Lou needs to come out and say we are moving on.

Edited by coldply123

Brodeur played 39 games for the Devils last season. Schneider, who was acquired in a trade at the 2013 NHL Draft, played 45; he had been the backup to Roberto Luongo with the Vancouver Canucks.

"Maybe it wasn't the perfect situation with [Martin] and Cory just because of where Cory was coming out of and the situation he was coming out of and him wanting to be a starter and maybe not having that opportunity in Vancouver," DeBoer said. "But they both handled it professionally, and we'll see what happens down the road here."

-- If I'm Schneider and I'm being told I'll be splitting time with Brodeur instead of being named the starter, I'm calling my agent and tell him to get me out of here.

Brodeur played 39 games for the Devils last season. Schneider, who was acquired in a trade at the 2013 NHL Draft, played 45; he had been the backup to Roberto Luongo with the Vancouver Canucks.

"Maybe it wasn't the perfect situation with [Martin] and Cory just because of where Cory was coming out of and the situation he was coming out of and him wanting to be a starter and maybe not having that opportunity in Vancouver," DeBoer said. "But they both handled it professionally, and we'll see what happens down the road here."

-- If I'm Schneider and I'm being told I'll be splitting time with Brodeur instead of being named the starter, I'm calling my agent and tell him to get me out of here.

The writing is on the wall. He's being polite to Brodeur in case he does come back.  Brodeur, Lou, and DeBoer have said things along the lines of Schneider is the goto guy.  You don't just give up 1st round pick in a supposedly very strong draft to acquire a 'tender of Schneider's ability without the intention of making him a starter.  This shouldn't even be a discussion right now.  This is fvcking foolish.  IF he comes back, I can guarantee we won't be seeing Brodeur in 39 games next season.  The man himself has come out and said, "This is Cory's team now".