congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

msweet

How much were tickets generally for 2012 finals, face?

I remember paying $125, 3 rows from the ice in 2003

It depended if you're a season ticket holder or not.  STH's were getting them as low as $75 per game iirc, but face value for single-game purchasers was like $300 and up.  Maybe Ranger STH's get a 'slight' discount on their seats but face value there is definitely higher than even the $300 plus that had people here up in arms.

For all the Finals games tickets wound up selling in the $200's on StubHub though.

Pretty often, we can get caught up in the emotion of being Devils fans and get sucked into the bias that brings.

But, it's blowing my mind how many people on NHL.com, or their Facebook/Twitter, are trashing the Rangers and this matchup in general. A Sharks fan (who you'd think would be pulling for the Kings not to get another one) commented "The Rangers are frauds. Shouldn't be here." A fan of the Jets on NHL.com commented with the full breakdown of how many games, and which games they played against a backup goalie. Other fans are taking notice. Chicago fan said something like, "Rangers have had the easiest road to a Finals ever, and it shows."

This is the kind of stuff I've seen on this board for a month now, but sometimes I think we're fans commenting in a vacuum. Glad to see we're not too offbase.

I hate the rags as much as anyone but it's too easy to knock them now. The same things were said about the devils in the 2012 finals after losing the first two in overtime.

The truth is there are no easy roads in the playoffs. Some are harder than others, sure, but a team that gets to the finals has to earn it.

Believe me I don't want to have to listen to rags fans go on for the next 20 years about how the 2014 eastern conference championship was a magical run and see tears flowing when they have a banner raising ceremony this October, but you have to give credit where credit is do. They earned the finals appearance just as the devils did in 2012... A few different bounces here and there and many could be singing a different tune about both this rags team and that devils one.

Edited by dmann422

But really...they have. The Kings haven't even dominated the Rangers yet. That's what should be so heartbreaking for the Rangers. The 5-on-5 play has been fairly close, and they are down 3-0.

Maybe so, I just don't like to count my chickens before they hatch lol.

this is all terrible mojo you're all playing with. i assume the rangers are winning this thing in historic fashion until i see the kings holding the cup.

This. The Kings were never going to win 4 straight against San Jose, either. I'm not relaxed until the Kings are skating with the cup.

Ouch.

Drew Doughty says the #LAKings knew they would come back against SJ after one win. "You could see it in their eyes ... and their captains."

Okay, an interesting comment, but a good example how quotes can be changed...

Fuller Doughty: "You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back."

Edited by devilsrule33

Ouch.

Drew Doughty says the #LAKings knew they would come back against SJ after one win. "You could see it in their eyes ... and their captains."

Okay, an interesting comment, but a good example how quotes can be changed...

Fuller Doughty: "You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back."

Movie reviewer:  "One thing I can't possibly say with a straight face is that this movie was hilarous or entertaining!"

Movie poster (quoting reviewer):  "Hilarious...entertaining!"

Yeah, once you start leaving out key words and phrases, not hard to start giving someone's words a far different feel than was ever intended. 

if the rangers win 4 straight they deserve the cup, that being said if they dont get swept ill be pissed at this point.

i think flyer fans have not shown enough ranger hatred this playoffs especially since they were rooting for richards and carter in 2012

really everyone was against the devils in 2012 minus some bruins fans and a few west teams like Vancouver

the prize will be in the building 

Edited by lazer

But really...they have. The Kings haven't even dominated the Rangers yet. That's what should be so heartbreaking for the Rangers. The 5-on-5 play has been fairly close, and they are down 3-0.

Yeah but its not like the Kings fluked their way to much this series despite people complaining about the refs want people to think. A better team would have grabbed either opening game by the throat. This year's Kings were a tired team compared to the 2012 Kings who went 5-4-5 in the first three rounds compared to 7-7-7.

What's the record for most losses over a SC run anyway?  I know if the 2001 Devils would've set the record (with 9 playoff losses) had they won Game 7 (they went 15-10 that year in SC playoff games). 

What's the record for most losses over a SC run anyway?  I know if the 2001 Devils would've set the record (with 9 playoff losses) had they won Game 7 (they went 15-10 that year in SC playoff games). 

The Bruins and Hurricanes each had 9 since the lockout. 

The Bruins and Hurricanes each had 9 since the lockout. 

Thanks, didn't know it off the top of my head, but thought there was a niner or two in there somewhere.