Let's start a pool of where Brodeur will end up

roomtemp

Pittsburgh or New Jersey. He wants to probably be close to his kids if at all possible if he ends up anywhere not named New Jersey. I just don't see him going to Philly, St. Louis. I'd throw in Toronto or Tampa as possibilities as well, but I kind of hope he ends up in Jersey and finishes his career here.

Ahhhh, I could definitely see Toronto. They could use him too.

I'm gonna say Montreal just for the neat story of Marty having been a Habs fan growing up. Apparently he wanted to play for them as a kid. Of course who didn't back then? They aren't the same franchise.

I'm gonna say Montreal just for the neat story of Marty having been a Habs fan growing up. Apparently he wanted to play for them as a kid. Of course who didn't back then? They aren't the same franchise.

He's said no to Montreal I think.  I remember reading he's not sure if he'd like it there.  Another thing he wanted to do was not be in Jersey's division if possible the West.  But I don't know of a West team that would really want him. 

There's no spot for him in Montreal. They have Price, Tokarski had a coming out party in the Ranger series and they still have Budaj under contract through next year

Their backups failed them though. They might have lost faith in Budaj and want another year or so to let Tokarski grow. A solid veteran back up could have gotten them into the finals. That's why I'm sticking with Montreal at least.

I couldn't agree more that Toronto would be a great fit Brodeur, especially for the visiting teams. A terrible possession team combined with a goaltender that had an abominal save percentage would be perfect for sure.

My pick is that Marty will not start the season on a NHL club but finds one in late November. I think he ends up in Chicago, maybe St. Louis.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Edited by hystyk28

he wants to go somewhere that he will have a chance to win a cup...

Unless he's signed by such a team strictly to be a backup/presence/passenger/glorified mascot, he's going to adversely affect his team's chances to accomplish that.  If Marty plays in 15-20 games and gives his team a chance to come away with 55-60% of the points available in those games (not saying the team will pick up all of those points, just that they'll have a chance to), then I think his team got more out of him than they could possibly have any right to expect.   

Hmm, so far we got predictions of:

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

Montreal

New Jersey

Florida

San Jose

St. Louis

Washington

Chicago

Winnipeg

Columbus

Nashville

Tampa Bay

Philadelphia

Toronto

Long Island

Calgary

Edmonton

Carolina

..this thread is starting to look like "Єklund (2.3% accurate) Prognostications" :P

I couldn't agree more that Toronto would be a great fit Brodeur, especially for the visiting teams. A terrible possession team combined with a goaltender that had an abominal save percentage would be perfect for sure.

My pick is that Marty will not start the season on a NHL club but finds one in late November. I think he ends up in Chicago, maybe St. Louis.

he would be re-united with clarkie

i couldstill def see retirement being a possibility. not enough teams w.interest to quantify spoiling ur legacy

I disagree. If the average intelligent hockey fan can name 20 teams that make reasonable sense, I think there's more of a market for Brodeur than you think. I'm not trying to say that teams will be banging on his door.. but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets serious offers from 4-5 teams.

I think it's Jake Allen's time to come up for St Louis. He rocked a .928 and 7 shutouts in the AHL last year.