Redrafting the 1994 and 2004 classes.

Neb00rs

fvcking stupid. They didn't actually 're-draft'- they just matched guys up to the teams they're on now. Its not even the correct order. They did the same thing with the 2004 draft- they mocked Malkin #1 to the Pens. Interesting, considering the Pens picked #2 that year...

Edited by MadDog2020

fvcking stupid. They didn't actually 're-draft'- they just matched guys up to the teams they're on now. Its not even the correct order. They did the same thing with the 2004 draft- they mocked Malkin #1 to the Pens. Interesting, considering the Pens picked #2 that year...

They only did the draft order, they didn't tell you what team they would have wound up on if drafted in the new order. Could have done a better job, but it's interesting to see how low a guy like Alfredsson was drafted.

They only did the draft order, they didn't tell you what team they would have wound up on if drafted in the new order. Could have done a better job, but it's interesting to see how low a guy like Alfredsson was drafted.

Its lazy. Don't say its a 're-draft' when all you're doing is matching guys to their current team. A real 're-draft' (which would actually be interesting to read) would have the original order with, for example, the Caps taking Malkin #1 and the Pens winding up with Ovechkin. That's what you're SUPPOSED to do in these re-drafts, not this lazy waste of space.

How the fvck is the 2012 playoff run still Salvador's claim to fame? Have they not watched any of his games since? He hasn't scored, because why would he. he's a stay at home defensemen who scored three timely goals, and he doesn't even defend well anymore. He's old, slow, immobile and lacking in physicality. It's not even like he's a has been, he's a never was. /rant.

I actually think the 2004 draft raises a big question. Would you take Malkin over Ovechkin, knowing what you know now and not knowing what the rest of their careers hold?

Tough to say. Right now, I think I'd take Malkin. Its easy for me to say that because he has a Cup and a Conn Smythe on his resume, while Ovechkin has ugotz in terms of playoff success- personal or team- on his and is one of the worst defensive players in the league. But their careers aren't over either and Ovechkin should reach 1,000 points within the next 3-4 years or so. Its an interesting debate. Edited by MadDog2020

Tough to say. Right now, I think I'd take Malkin. Its easy for me to say that because he has a Cup and a Conn Smythe on his resume, while Ovechkin has ugotz in terms of playoff success- personal or team- on his and is one of the worst defensive players in the league. But their careers aren't over either and Ovechkin should reach 1,000 points within the next 3-4 years or so. Its an interesting debate.

Alex Ovechkin's playoff career numbers:  58 games, 31 goals, 30 assists, 61 points, +9, 275 shots.  This is personal success.  He's 3rd in goals per game among players with a minimum of 20 playoff games (since 1996).  If his team hadn't let him down, he'd have been to a Stanley Cup Final at least by now.  

I mean, I think the choice is close, but people give Ovechkin grief for his playoff performances, when to me that just makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

Tough to say. Right now, I think I'd take Malkin. Its easy for me to say that because he has a Cup and a Conn Smythe on his resume, while Ovechkin has ugotz in terms of playoff success- personal or team- on his and is one of the worst defensive players in the league. But their careers aren't over either and Ovechkin should reach 1,000 points within the next 3-4 years or so. Its an interesting debate.

Alex Ovechkin's playoff career numbers:  58 games, 31 goals, 30 assists, 61 points, +9, 275 shots.  This is personal success.  He's 3rd in goals per game among players with a minimum of 20 playoff games (since 1996).  If his team hadn't let him down, he'd have been to a Stanley Cup Final at least by now.  

I mean, I think the choice is close, but people give Ovechkin grief for his playoff performances, when to me that just makes no sense at all.

For me, I don't know, I think I take Ovechkin. He's more able to be a one-man show if you ask me. Thus, at the very least I know that I at least have him. This all starts with a simple question: how do you think those Caps teams would have fared (all things being equal) with Malkin instead of Ovechkin? Any answer to that obviously neglects dozens of factors, but for argument's sake, I think the Caps would have been worse off without AO's goal-scoring instincts and physical presence.

Edited by Neb00rs

Its lazy. Don't say its a 're-draft' when all you're doing is matching guys to their current team. A real 're-draft' (which would actually be interesting to read) would have the original order with, for example, the Caps taking Malkin #1 and the Pens winding up with Ovechkin. That's what you're SUPPOSED to do in these re-drafts, not this lazy waste of space.

No idea, but could have been a licensing thing.  Just like guys who are retired or out of the league just have the NHL logo.

The better question is how would Malkin perform out of Crosby's shadow? Many question his killer instinct. However, he outperformed Sid this postseason and was the Pens' best player. Ovechkin isn't a leader. He is a sniper. Not every big scorer should be a captain. It's a clear example of a guy who would be better off without a 'C.'

It is lazy, no doubt. Their sole purpose was saying hey, Alfie went 133rd and he should have been first. They aren't "matching them" to their existing team, they just tell you who drafted them and not who would have gotten them if drafted in the new order.

They did like half the job.