Schedule released. Home opener 10/18 vs San Jose.

ghdi

I count 16 back-to-backs. Interesting that there are no afternoon games on there.

I think there 18 back-to-backs.

A breakdown:

4 home/home

2 home/away against bus trip teams (1 Islanders, 1 Rangers)

3 home/away (other, non-bus trip)

6 away/home

3 away/away (1 with one hour time zone difference)

Sunday games period aren't really feasible till February with the NFL juggernaut though the Rangers somehow get their home opener on a Sunday night lol.

I am amazed at the lack of weekend day games in general.  By my count 38 of our 41 home games are 7 PM starts, two are 7:30 and just the one Sunday 5 PM game in March.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sunday afternoon games aren't really feasible till February with the NFL juggernaut though the Rangers somehow get their home opener on a Sunday afternoon lol.

I am amazed at the lack of weekend day games in general.  By my count 38 of our 41 home games are 7 PM starts, two are 7:30 and just the one Sunday 5 PM game in March.

Rangers' home opener is a Sunday afternoon, but I imagine the game doesn't start until Sunday night - the 2014 Eastern Conference Champions banner raising ceremony w/ all the stars from 94 in attendance skating around with the Stanley Cup before the game - it'll take a while.

Rangers' home opener is a Sunday afternoon, but I imagine the game doesn't start until Sunday night - the 2014 Eastern Conference Champions banner raising ceremony w/ all the stars from 94 in attendance skating around with the Stanley Cup before the game - it'll take a while.

Don't forget the ceremony where Mark Messier, wearing a Rangers jersey,  takes the 'C' off his sweater and puts it on the very next Rangers captain.

They also have to clean up all the tears from Messier too- that takes at least 10 extra minutes on top of it.

Don't forget the ceremony where Mark Messier, wearing a Rangers jersey,  takes the 'C' off his sweater and puts it on the very next Rangers captain.

They also have to clean up all the tears from Messier too- that takes at least 10 extra minutes on top of it.

BAHAHAHAHA

I saw on the news last week Mark Messier was at the NY Stock Exchange ....apparently he was awarded the Best Hockey Executive of the Year award? I dont know what he did to earn it but ...

I saw on the news last week Mark Messier was at the NY Stock Exchange ....apparently he was awarded the Best Hockey Executive of the Year award? I dont know what he did to earn it but ...

Messier is not even a hockey executive I think. The only job he has is running that new recreation league in the Bronx that hasn't even been built yet?

Sunday games period aren't really feasible till February with the NFL juggernaut though the Rangers somehow get their home opener on a Sunday night lol.

So stupid.  Giants are playing the Eagles on Sunday Night Football that day and the Rangers have their home opener.  Such wonderful planning.

I agree with your point.  If I owned a team I would NEVER want them playing at the same time as the local NFL team(s) and would not want any home games during NFL play-off games.

Wait, so the latest time is 8pm? Sweet!

No. The only game that starts at 8 is vs Calgary on the road, but that's 8 their time, 10 ours. We have a Pacific road trip in January that all will be the typical 10pm-1030 start, as well as a few in November and March (some Mountain TZ). Theres a few others Im missing but the times on the PDF are all local time to where the game is being played.

We're notoriously awful at afternoon games so this is great news.

I'm not too upset about the long early road trip either, and the 19 back to backs.

There are some long road trips early on in October, November, December, etc.. It'd appear that they took the Devils trend of good attendance from January and after pretty seriously, late January and most of February are slammed with home games. I like it.

When's the next time Grant Marshall will be presenting a lucky fan something?

Hasan had more breakdown on your schedule if you're interested in discussing something relevant.

So stupid.  Giants are playing the Eagles on Sunday Night Football that day and the Rangers have their home opener.  Such wonderful planning.

I agree with your point.  If I owned a team I would NEVER want them playing at the same time as the local NFL team(s) and would not want any home games during NFL play-off games.

I talked about this in my post. Having a home opener on a football night is ridiculous. But as Hasan has said, the Rangers play a lot of home games on Sundays.