Patrick Sharp available via trade

Guadana

Again, nuts - if you could add Hossa to this team without subtracting anyone it's clearly a playoff team. Recapture would not be suffered if he blew out his hip because he wouldn't retire until the end of his contract. And there is absolutely no evidence that Hossa is a year away from retirement but I expect to see the same sources I saw regarding Elias playing wing vs. center cited when it comes to Hossa retiring. Plus his recapture, if traded, would be minimal - Hossa has 2 years left where he is a combined 5.4M over his cap hit, but then his subsequent year is 1.2M below it - his recapture for the Devils if he retired after that would be 4.2M spread over 3 years, aka almost nothing.

Here's an article titled Hossa thinks of retiring, which is about the very opposite: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-01-20/sports/ct-blackhawks-marian-hossa-spt-0121-20140121_1_marian-hossa-dressing-room-guys

Moot since he's never coming here. You and I I just have to recognize we will never agree on anything.

Moot since he's never coming here. You and I I just have to recognize we will never agree on anything.

Disagree all you want.  But this team is not as far away from being a playoff team as people like to like.  Even with the abysmal goal scoring.  Win half of those shootouts and we had very likely chance to make it.  We could definitely use a scoring forward and get rid of dead weight, but we are not far.  That being said, we aren't a contender and we really have been a contender since Parise bailed out.  But playoffs team? I think we are.

Disagree all you want. But this team is not as far away from being a playoff team as people like to like. Even with the abysmal goal scoring. Win half of those shootouts and we had very likely chance to make it. We could definitely use a scoring forward and get rid of dead weight, but we are not far. That being said, we aren't a contender and we really have been a contender since Parise bailed out. But playoffs team? I think we are.

You can say that about every other team in the NHL except for maybe three or four. It's so subjective. We have some trouble spots and we have a roster that is really in transition with some risk on the top lines. I don't think we are a playoff team this year even with Schneider at full bore. But I know the sunshine brigade on here will disagree.

You can say that about every other team in the NHL except for maybe three or four. It's so subjective. We have some trouble spots and we have a roster that is really in transition with some risk on the top lines. I don't think we are a playoff team this year even with Schneider at full bore. But I know the sunshine brigade on here will disagree.

You're ignoring the question.  Are the Devils in the playoffs or not if they win half of their shootouts? In or out?  They would be in, therefore, are a playoff team.  The sunshine brigade made me lol, but you guys who have stock options in Doom & Despair inc. look for any reason to say the team sucks.  The only "trouble spot" are the forwards in terms of depth and high level skill.  The defense looks very bright it terms of young talent and the goaltending position will be very solid if we get Cory re-signed before the summer is over.  Think about how abysmal the offense was last year outside of Henrique, Jagr, Elias, Zajac and we STILL almost got in and didn't because of the fvcking coin flip that we all call a shootout. 

You're ignoring the question. Are the Devils in the playoffs or not if they win half of their shootouts? In or out? They would be in, therefore, are a playoff team. The sunshine brigade made me lol, but you guys who have stock options in Doom & Despair inc. look for any reason to say the team sucks. The only "trouble spot" are the forwards in terms of depth and high level skill. The defense looks very bright it terms of young talent and the goaltending position will be very solid if we get Cory re-signed before the summer is over. Think about how abysmal the offense was last year outside of Henrique, Jagr, Elias, Zajac and we STILL almost got in and didn't because of the fvcking coin flip that we all call a shootout.

Did they miss the playoffs? It's as simple as that. No further analysis is required. You are either a playoff team or not. You can look at the what it's til kingdoms come but that is what non playoff teams and fanbases do.

Next year we could win 10 shootouts and still miss the playoffs because something else which went right this year goes wrong which results in more losses or our division becomes better resulting in a higher margin required for playoff qualifying.

You're ignoring the question.  Are the Devils in the playoffs or not if they win half of their shootouts? In or out?  They would be in, therefore, are a playoff team.  The sunshine brigade made me lol, but you guys who have stock options in Doom & Despair inc. look for any reason to say the team sucks.  The only "trouble spot" are the forwards in terms of depth and high level skill.  The defense looks very bright it terms of young talent and the goaltending position will be very solid if we get Cory re-signed before the summer is over.  Think about how abysmal the offense was last year outside of Henrique, Jagr, Elias, Zajac and we STILL almost got in and didn't because of the fvcking coin flip that we all call a shootout. 

Yes but where does that "setup" led Nashville lately for example? They had crazy goaltending and had 2 of the top dmen in the league and a decent Dcorp and they never really accomplished anything. Why? not enough firepower to get it done

Yes but where does that "setup" led Nashville lately for example? They had crazy goaltending and had 2 of the top dmen in the league and a decent Dcorp and they never really accomplished anything. Why? not enough firepower to get it done

It's actually in part because those defensemen weren't that good.  Both are overrated.

It's actually in part because those defensemen weren't that good. Both are overrated.

I agree they are a bit overhyped.

But part of the issue with the Preds is that they were constantly getting hemmed in their own zone and outshot. Hence why Trotz got canned and they are going to a new style under Lavy. They'll be better this coming season for sure.

It's actually in part because those defensemen weren't that good.  Both are overrated.

Our prospects are already overrated by the fans too. and i'd be really surprise if any of our youngsters become better than Sutter or Weber. 

Well that was not the point either. The forwards we're not skilled and scoring enough.

Lou seems  to always want to get the average guy who does everything good but not great. which you know its fine. You need those kind of guys to play in a system like NJ. But what do you get from that? a team playing "well" controlling the play and not making many mistakes so you feel they dominate the game... but can't score to save their lives cause they dont have enough skills. Pretty hard to argue that this is not what we saw last few years

Edited by SterioDesign

Our prospects are already overrated by the fans too. and i'd be really surprise if any of our youngsters become better than Sutter or Weber. 

Well that was not the point either. The forwards we're not skilled and scoring enough.

Lou seems  to always want to get the average guy who does everything good but not great. which you know its fine. You need those kind of guys to play in a system like NJ. But what do you get from that? a team playing "well" controlling the play and not making many mistakes so you feel they dominate the game... but can't score to save their lives cause they dont have enough skills. Pretty hard to argue that this is not what we saw last few years

The key is that we also saw it with Kovalchuk, so let's not go crying tears over his departure.  He didn't help out the scoring really at all when he was here.

The key is that we also saw it with Kovalchuk, so let's not go crying tears over his departure.  He didn't help out the scoring really at all when he was here.

LOL oh come on. He was our leading scorer even in the playoffs, played through a bad back and still led the team, he made fvcking Volchenkov score twice. I can remember many many many many great plays that he did to create scoring chances and goals. he was doing things that no other devils could to. Went above 30 goals almost every years. But sure, he was not helping scoring ur right

go ahead, throw some 5on5 stats to my face to try to justify what you said now, ignoring a bunch of factors.

i get people dont want to give him credits now but its ridiculous.

Edited by SterioDesign

LOL oh come on. He was our leading scorer even in the playoffs, played through a bad back and still led the team, he made fvcking Volchenkov score twice. I can remember many many many many great plays that he did to create scoring chances and goals. he was doing things that no other devils could to. Went above 30 goals almost every years. But sure, he was not helping scoring ur right

go ahead, throw some 5on5 stats to my face to try to justify what you said now, ignoring a bunch of factors.

i get people dont want to give him credits now but its ridiculous.

Wait a minute, is this the same Kovalchuk that couldn't break 20 goals in an inferior league?

I find most of your posts to be positive contributions to the overall discussion, but you're taking a piss on this one. Kovalchuk being on the ice caused opposing players to respect him therefore opening up scoring opportunities for other players that were on the ice.

Wait a minute, is this the same Kovalchuk that couldn't break 20 goals in an inferior league?

That league is really different, not as much scoring. When they played at the same time Malkin only scored 5 more goals than Kovy during the lockout and Malkin had one more game than Kovy. Radulov was the TOP SCORER of the league with  25 goals. and they dont play as much games. So the 20 goals mark that we're used too which is like scoring in 25% of the games is not the same in the KHL. They only play 50something games... so get your facts right before trying to make sarcastic comments lol

And again, here it's about a guy who says Kovalchuk wouldnt help the scoring in NJ. With Kovalchuk this year we may have made the playoffs, especially since he can clearly score in shootouts as we saw at the olympics

Edited by SterioDesign

2011-2012 Kovalchuk was a great player. He was exposed with Maclean, did well with Lemaire, and did awful after his back injury on the lockout season. Every year was unique but when he had the pieces around him and he was healthy he was a great player that one season.

That league is really different, not as much scoring. When they played at the same time Malkin only scored 5 more goals than Kovy during the lockout and Malkin had one more game than Kovy. Radulov was the TOP SCORER of the league with  25 goals. and they dont play as much games. So the 20 goals mark that we're used too which is like scoring in 25% of the games is not the same in the KHL. They only play 50something games... so get your facts right before trying to make sarcastic comments lol

And again, here it's about a guy who says Kovalchuk wouldnt help the scoring in NJ. With Kovalchuk this year we may have made the playoffs, especially since he can clearly score in shootouts as we saw at the olympics

Awesome former NHLers like Nigel Dawes (26 goals), Brandon Bochemski (28 goals...he's scored 97 goals in 191 career KHL games), and Marcel Hossa (22 goals) are finding ways to score out there. 

I think if he ever came back here (thank God he's not), he'd be pretty disappointing.  Think 25 goals or so, 50-60 points and enough gaffes that it'd probably close to 2010-11 all over again.  He's just not what he was. 

Awesome former NHLers like Nigel Dawes (26 goals), Brandon Bochemski (28 goals...he's scored 97 goals in 191 career KHL games), and Marcel Hossa (22 goals) are finding ways to score out there.

I think if he ever came back here (thank God he's not), he'd be pretty disappointing. Think 25 goals or so, 50-60 points and enough gaffes that it'd probably close to 2010-11 all over again. He's just not what he was.

That's about what Jagr scored when he was in the KHL, so I don't know how well the stats translate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what you guys have to understand here. You guys sound like a fat ugly nerd kid who never even touched a girl saying he wouldnt want some chick cause she has a longer 2nd toe. We're not really in a position to be nitpicking about skilled goal scorers.

Edited by SterioDesign

what you guys have to understand here. You guys sound like a fat ugly nerd kid who never even touched a girl saying he wouldnt want some chick cause she has a longer 2nd toe. We're not really in a position to be nitpicking about skilled goal scorers.

I have a longer 2nd toe on my left foot. fvck that!

Very funny Sterio.  The point still remains that it is an inferior league and is seen as such. 

http://www.stevedangle.com/nhl-vs-khl-whats-the-difference

Kovalchuk is the female that banged all your friends while your dating and then leaves you for that fat ugly nerd kid.

The rest of us don't live in a vacuum like you do.