2014 UFA Signing Thread

Devilsfan118

Eh, to me Lou signs the CBGB guys because they are there. 4th liners who can play like 4th liners and get paid like 4th liners and Lou doesn't have to worry about getting new ones. Look at it this way, not too long ago we Signed Krys Barch to a two year deal. Signing Gionta, Bernier, and Carter is way more fun than that.

All this hate for gionta yet bernier was 100 times worse than him this year without a doubt. Bernier produced absolutely zilch last year. I loath that signing

Not really. Gio is clearly the worst of the cbgb line. Bernier didn't produce, but he want the drag that Gio was/is on his linemates. For $600k that signing is acceptable.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how positive are you that the Devils will still sign Brian gionta? And if so, would you consider Lou either a) an idiot or b) a moron?

You bring so much knowledge to the boards, I'm eager for a response.

Well, you ain't too bright for writing this after Gionta already signed with the Sabres. How's that for a response.

Not really. Gio is clearly the worst of the cbgb line. Bernier didn't produce, but he want the drag that Gio was/is on his linemates. For $600k that signing is acceptable.

I'm pretty sure Bernier is, statistically (including advanced), the worst member of the 4th line.  He was abysmal.

That being said, I wouldn't have a problem with Gionta if he were used strictly as a 4th line forward.  No PK minutes, no PP minutes (God forbid), no bumping him up on the 3rd line.

Problem is PDB has a hardon for him and consistently uses him in situations that are above his paygrade.