Devils buy out Volchenkov

caron14

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd speculate a team could be the Sabres. Gionta is a NY kid.

thatd be amazing.  but don't sleep on Ryan O'Reilly, i personally think he may be a better option if we can pry him from the Avs (or an offer sheet, however that all would have to play out)

jesus, i am awfully nervous at who those teams are

It was reported that NJ, Florida and someone else had discussion with his agent... cant remember now

Source? Only place I see this is Єklund (2.3% accurate)

Nah it's legit - Bob McKenzie

actually it's:

CANADIENS ACQUIRE FORWARD PIERRE-ALEXANDRE PARENTEAU AND A 5TH ROUND PICK IN 2015 FROM THE COLORADO AVALANCHE, IN RETURN FOR DANIEL BRIÈRE

Nah it's legit - Bob McKenzie

actually it's:

CANADIENS ACQUIRE FORWARD PIERRE-ALEXANDRE PARENTEAU AND A 5TH ROUND PICK IN 2015 FROM THE COLORADO AVALANCHE, IN RETURN FOR DANIEL BRIÈRE

I wasn't completely doubting, I just wanted to make sure someone besides Єklund (2.3% accurate) reported it. Thanks, I'm not on twitter :)

WOW so Єklund (2.3% accurate) got one right.  i think thats a steal for MTL

yup he reported it quite awhile (in the twitter world) before anyone else

==================

i was laughing at this until i read the whole thing

James Mirtle

The Leafs have now bought out six players since 2008 for total of nearly $32-million. Only the Devils have bought out more.

Edited by SterioDesign

yup he reported it quite awhile (in the twitter world) before anyone else

==================

i was laughing at this until i read the whole thing

James Mirtle

The Leafs have now bought out six players since 2008 for total of nearly $32-million. Only the Devils have bought out more.

We may have 7 buyouts, but they are mostly on small contracts. Out 7 total buyouts sum to only 13.75m

Oh well...nice to clear up that money.  Considering there was serious concern that Volch and Sal would both be here next season, this is huge. 

It doesn't say the Habs are offering $5 million per year, that's just what he made on his last contract.  He's not getting $5 million per on this contract, I don't care if thirty teams have contacted him.

It doesn't say the Habs are offering $5 million per year, that's just what he made on his last contract.  He's not getting $5 million per on this contract, I don't care if thirty teams have contacteQA

Although it is interesting to note that Gionta's starting point for negotiations is Andrei Markov's 3/17.25 extension.  If the Devils have inquired, we better be WELL below that 5.75 AAV