Lou, Harris speak

MadDog2020

? is there any doubt that Lou wouldnt want to bring him back? Kovy was a Devils... and left.... of course Lou would bring him back once he's older. thats his obsession haha

Wait, that obsession that he played on in this offseason?  No...can't be, we brought in Cammalleri and Havlat, not former Devils.  Maybe it was just LAST summer, right? That has to be it.....Wait....no...It was Ryder, Olesz, Brunner, and Clowe.  MAYBE Ruutu!?  sh!t, not him either.  WAIT, Lou will definitely sign Brian Gionta to unite the Gionta brothers!  Dammit, I guess that didn't happen either.  I guess that obsession is going strong with plenty of hard, recent evidence to back it up.  :rolleyes:

Wait, that obsession that he played on in this offseason? No...can't be, we brought in Cammalleri and Havlat, not former Devils. Maybe it was just LAST summer, right? That has to be it.....Wait....no...It was Ryder, Olesz, Brunner, and Clowe. MAYBE Ruutu!? sh!t, not him either. WAIT, Lou will definitely sign Brian Gionta to unite the Gionta brothers! Dammit, I guess that didn't happen either. I guess that obsession is going strong with plenty of hard, recent evidence to back it up. :rolleyes:

Scott Clemmenson was brought back though in fairness. Edited by Guest

I don't read minds, I read words.

Never said I wanted JVB back. Thankfully the new owners have plenty cash to make up for their disappointing attitude towards the fans.

You read words??!?  Dude, like 2-5 people quoted WORDS directly fom the article that I'm pretty sure Harris and Lou said.  In fact, my first post in the thread is filled with words too.  Check it out. :thumbsup:   I feel like I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up on fvcking Sesame Street. 

This post is brought to you by.....WORDS  :doh1:

Dammit! lol

Yes, Clemmer was brought back, but how likely is it that he even makes the team??  It's kind of like saying, hey we brought back Cam Janssen again!

i see it as Kinkaid's time to shine and think he'll fill in admirably as backup this season. Doubt Clemmenson gets a callup to NJ unless its injury related.

Wait, that obsession that he played on in this offseason?  No...can't be, we brought in Cammalleri and Havlat, not former Devils.  Maybe it was just LAST summer, right? That has to be it.....Wait....no...It was Ryder, Olesz, Brunner, and Clowe.  MAYBE Ruutu!?  sh!t, not him either.  WAIT, Lou will definitely sign Brian Gionta to unite the Gionta brothers!  Dammit, I guess that didn't happen either.  I guess that obsession is going strong with plenty of hard, recent evidence to back it up.  :rolleyes:

Clemmenson... wow uh... that's quite a very sarcastic post shut down by one word.

Clemmenson... wow uh... that's quite a very sarcastic post shut down by one word.

Notice how I said sarcastically, PLENTY OF RECENT EVIDENCE.  I guess my counter-point to your post is now invalid.  Clemmenson is one signing within two years.  I guess one signing that fits your argument is all you need man.  Wow is right.  I like how you defended you're argument with plenty of evidence of recent instances to back up your stupid jab at Lou.  You used the word "obsession".  Obsession to me would mean it happens every year or very often.  It's not an obsession and you're just looking to take every little stupid jab you can because you think it's funny. 

Scoreboard: 7 Recent acquisitions(non-Devils):1 former Devil acq

1. Who was lucky to play as often as he did when he was a Devil

2. Is by no means a lock to play on the Devils this year(see Janssen, Cam)

Edited by RizzMB30

as far as bettman goes on riding a hard line if and more likely when kovalchuk comes back... you would have to think that he would be willing to get kovy back in the nhl with open arms. kovy is a top player in the league and he dipped to go to another league.. people like watching him you want the nhl to have all of the top talent right? so im pretty sure he would be more willing to have him come back.. as far as lou goes, kovy leaving was just an all arounf great thing. too great of a happening to not have been a mutual agreement which is why i dont understand why people get so upset about it and still a year later.. if you dont realize that then i dont know i guess you just dont understand or see the entire happening of the situation, so with this yes when the timing is right i absolutely think lou will have kovy back if kovy wants to come back.

as far as bettman goes on riding a hard line if and more likely when kovalchuk comes back... you would have to think that he would be willing to get kovy back in the nhl with open arms. kovy is a top player in the league and he dipped to go to another league.. people like watching him you want the nhl to have all of the top talent right? so im pretty sure he would be more willing to have him come back.. as far as lou goes, kovy leaving was just an all arounf great thing. too great of a happening to not have been a mutual agreement which is why i dont understand why people get so upset about it and still a year later.. if you dont realize that then i dont know i guess you just dont understand or see the entire happening of the situation, so with this yes when the timing is right i absolutely think lou will have kovy back if kovy wants to come back.

You're wrong.  Let me quote the article as evidence to why you're wrong.  He said, "You'd never look at someone coming back at 35."  Lou literally dodges every question about Kovalchuk because he's done with him. 

So he's 35, and then has to wait an entire year of not playing, so he's 36 if he were to come back.  It's not happening.  I would agree with you if Kovy pulled his stunt when he was 25 or 26, but he pulled that sh!t when he was 30.

“I’ll answer that the best way you can. He cannot come back until he is 35. He’s (31) now. You’d never look at someone coming back at 35 when he’s (31),” the GM explained.  - Lou

Edited by RizzMB30

You're wrong.  Let me quote the article as evidence to why you're wrong.  He said, "You'd never look at someone coming back at 35."  Lou literally dodges every question about Kovalchuk because he's done with him. 

So he's 35, and then has to wait an entire year of not playing, so he's 36 if he were to come back.  It's not happening.  I would agree with you if Kovy pulled his stunt when he was 25 or 26, but he pulled that sh!t when he was 30.

No youre reading too far into a statement.. what are you trying to say that lou would think he is too old at the age of 35?.. obviously age is not a factor with lou look at the types he signs theyre all older players..our team is made up of mostly older players. ...youre reading too far into it..he probably more so means that it is years away still and is too far down the road to look into him coming back anytime soon.

That's not how it would work.  Kovalchuk would not have to sit out a year to return at age 35.  The point is very simply that Lou is not looking at that at all right now, because he has to run a hockey team in 2014.

This is the same guy who fired 2 GMs on the Sixers in 2 years. Talk is cheap. It's a business, and if you don't produce good results(which they haven't recently) changes are likely to be made.

He fired two Sixers GMs because they were both idiots who made stupid moves and ran the team into the ground. What I read was "I don't fire GMs just because the team isn't winning", not "I don't ever fire GMs". Trade two future starters for a guy who will never play a minute for your team, you might lose your job. I don't understand what the connection is between the situation in Philadelphia and these statements.

Notice how I said sarcastically, PLENTY OF RECENT EVIDENCE.  I guess my counter-point to your post is now invalid.  Clemmenson is one signing within two years.  I guess one signing that fits your argument is all you need man.  Wow is right.  I like how you defended you're argument with plenty of evidence of recent instances to back up your stupid jab at Lou.  You used the word "obsession".  Obsession to me would mean it happens every year or very often.  It's not an obsession and you're just looking to take every little stupid jab you can because you think it's funny. 

Scoreboard: 7 Recent acquisitions(non-Devils):1 former Devil acq

1. Who was lucky to play as often as he did when he was a Devil

2. Is by no means a lock to play on the Devils this year(see Janssen, Cam)

dude. it's joked about frequently here that Lou likes to bring in old over the hill devils at trade dealine or free agency. He does it more than any other GM that i can think about. It's been discussed quiiiiiite often, is it 100% certain he'll do it every summer or something? of course not. But he does it often enough that we can have fun with it. So calm down it was only a joke

Look at you going, all defensive bringing in numbers and all. You take things WAY too seriously bud.

you want numbers? he brought back sykora, arnott, sullivan, clemmenson, Rolston, Janssen just in recent years. So don't act as if what I said and that others are joking about is like.... an incredible made up lie

Edited by SterioDesign