Pronman's Top Ten Devils Prospects

Daniel

Behind the espn paywall, so I'll just list them in order:

Santini, Severson, Quenneville, Matteau, Boucher, Pietila, Jacobs, Kujawinski, Gavrus, Scarlett.  Honorable mention, Myles Bell.  (Larsson, Merrill and Gelinas all "graduated").

I can't argue with this too much, except that I don't know why Gavrus is on there.  He probably has even less of a shot as making it into the NHL than Tedenby has at returning at some point.  I can think of at least five players I'd put ahead of him.  Black, Johnson, Helegson, Hrabanka, Bell and Scarlett each have at least a decent shot at having more than a cup of coffee in the NHL, even if it's of the Nick Palmieri sort. 

Behind the espn paywall, so I'll just list them in order:

Santini, Severson, Quenneville, Matteau, Boucher, Pietila, Jacobs, Kujawinski, Gavrus, Scarlett.  Honorable mention, Myles Bell.  (Larsson, Merrill and Gelinas all "graduated").

I can't argue with this too much, except that I don't know why Gavrus is on there.  He probably has even less of a shot as making it into the NHL than Tedenby has at returning at some point.  I can think of at least five players I'd put ahead of him.  Black, Johnson, Helegson, Hrabanka, Bell and Scarlett each have at least a decent shot at having more than a cup of coffee in the NHL, even if it's of the Nick Palmieri sort. 

Good to see Pronman has a high opinion on Quenneville. Suprising that Black isn't on there considering he just torched the WHL, albeit as a 20 year old

Good to see Pronman has a high opinion on Quenneville. Suprising that Black isn't on there considering he just torched the WHL, albeit as a 20 year old

You also have to take into account that it was the first season after he was cured of Graves disease.  Don't know how much it affected his play before that, but I imagine it wasn't nothing.

You also have to take into account that it was the first season after he was cured of Graves disease.  Don't know how much it affected his play before that, but I imagine it wasn't nothing.

I do think that's a valid point but I also believe Pronman is kind of lazy when it comes to these things. Obviously the guy scouts pretty much everything so his focus isn't centered on NJ but having Gavrus on this list sort of illustrates that. Between his injuries and underwhelming production in the KHL, I don't think he's on most Devils fans' radar

Edited by SMantzas

I do think that's a valid point but I also believe Pronman is kind of lazy when it comes to these things. Obviously the guy scouts pretty much everything so his focus isn't centered on NJ but having Gavrus on this list sort of illustrates that. Between his injuries and underwhelming production in the KHL, I don't think he's on most Devils fans' radar

Overall though, he's probably the best game in town.  I think Hockey's Future has Wedgewood as the #2 prospect, and Urbom was somewhere in the top ten at the end of the season after the Caps put him on waivers.  Although I will say that HF has become a little less Ron Jaworski-esque in having more reasonable predictions of prospects on an individual level.