Wang agrees to Sell Isles

dmann422

Scratching my head on this logic.

My Isle fan friends can take LIRR to Barclays Center right from work. Hartford, not so much

Gotta agree here. It's like 150 miles to Hartford from long Island. None of the current season ticket holders are gonna make that trip. Plus they wouldn't be the Islanders any more, so why would any Islanders fan rather that.

There are more Ranger fans on LI than CT. The fact that they made it to the SCF while the Isles continue to suck also doesn't help. What happens when they move they still continue to suck while the Blueskirts remain a better team? They aren't gonna convert Rag fans in Brooklyn...Think that is what AEW is talking about...better for the team to star anew in a different state but in the tri-state area than moving into Ranger territory.

Hartford is very much Rags and Bruins (mostly bruins, prob like 70/30) but it can support a team. It's got an extremely wealthy suburban population. Hartford itself isn't very big but greater Hartford has enough people..and bleeds into Springfield Mass. It's just that it's not a very sexy chic city like Seattle or Vegas so it's very low on the totem pole right now.

Edited by '7'

There are more Ranger fans on LI than CT. The fact that they made it to the SCF while the Isles continue to suck also doesn't help. What happens when they move they still continue to suck while the Blueskirts remain a better team? They aren't gonna convert Rag fans in Brooklyn...Think that is what AEW is talking about...better for the team to star anew in a different state but in the tri-state area than moving into Ranger territory.

Oh the irony

Islanders have a surprisingly big "faithful fan base", so to speak, considering what the team has done for them in the past 30 years. I don't think relocating should ever be an option. I'm surprised to see people in the building in a late March game when they're bottom of the league, but they're there; they do love their team. A better 2-3 years, and the Rangers going back to their usual mid-level selves would restore the ebb and flow of the fanbase on Long Island.

During their playoff series 2 seasons ago, that building was the loudest most raucous arena on TV for the first round.