Training Camp invites

caron14

I just don't see where he fits in the lineup. We have more than enough bottom 6 guys so I just don't see a spot open for him especially since I have a feeling Carter is all but guaranteed to be signed and he'd still be nothing more than an extra forward unless we move multiple forwards for picks.

Edited by ATLL765

Has to be a trade somewhere around here.

With the lineup, without any trades, already looking like it'll be:

Cammallerri-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-Ruutu-Brunner

Josefson-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: Ryder, Sislo

With Carter, Gomez and Tootoo on PTOs, assuming we sign even one of those 3 guys, there's gotta be at least 1-2 forwards who get dumped for picks/prospects to open up a spot even as the 13th forward.

I don't see PD or Lou keeping Ryder as an extra, my guess is he gets traded. Keeping him as a extra is just a waste. And i want Sislo in the line up, over Gionta or Bernier preferably!

Cammallerri-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-Ruutu-Brunner

Josefson-Gionta-Bernier

With Carter, Gomez and Tootoo on PTOs, assuming we sign even one of those 3 guys, there's gotta be at least 1-2 forwards who get dumped for picks/prospects to open up a spot even as the 13th forward.

I don't see why we can't keep Ryder on the "4th line" with Gomez. Why do we absolutely HAVE to keep AHL players like Gionta around?

Cammallerri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Ruutu-Brunner
Josefson-Gionta-Bernier

Geez, it's one thing to ask one or two guys to come in on a tryout, but this amount is more befitting of a team looking to get by for a year while they're counting down the day until they have a chance to nab Connor McDavid.  Tri said that this may be more about having some vets to fill out preseason lineups, and that could very well be it, but five of these guys...sheesh.

Cammallerri-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-Ruutu-Brunner

Josefson-Gionta-Bernier

In no way is the even close to the lineup. And where's zubrus? Did he quit? Is he sick? And why on gods green earth is Ryder scratched for josefson? I get it he had a bad year, but you don't give up on a player like that after 1 season. Josefson will be lucky to even be a scratch all year.

Also if mike sislo is on the big club then it just shows we have zero depth and we're in for a very long season. I'll take fedotenko, tootoo, Gomez, on my team before a below average grinder like sislo any day.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt