Training Camp invites

caron14

ryder was just a ghost for too much of the season when we needed him desperately. We dont have room for players like that on this team there is too many of them, we need people that are going to contribute regularly or we are going to be in the same boat that we were in last season and the season before that.

ryder was just a ghost for too much of the season when we needed him desperately. We dont have room for players like that on this team there is too many of them, we need people that are going to contribute regularly or we are going to be in the same boat that we were in last season and the season before that.

I'm not buying that. Ryder still was in the range of his typical seasonal performance, albeit on the low end of the range.

In no way is the even close to the lineup. And where's zubrus? Did he quit? Is he sick? And why on gods green earth is Ryder scratched for josefson? I get it he had a bad year, but you don't give up on a player like that after 1 season. Josefson will be lucky to even be a scratch all year.

Also if mike sislo is on the big club then it just shows we have zero depth and we're in for a very long season. I'll take fedotenko, tootoo, Gomez, on my team before a below average grinder like sislo any day.

Totally spaced on Zubrus. Wasn't really meant to be THE lineup, but more to list all the forwards on the NHL roster to visualize how many people would have to be shipped out to make space for even one of the guys here on a PTO. Edited by ATLL765

I'm not buying that. Ryder still was in the range of his typical seasonal performance, albeit on the low end of the range.

He just went into a god awful unlucky stretch the 2nd half of the season.  He scored 17 goals in his first 46 games, and then scored only 1 in the remaining 36.  His effort certainly wasn't the problem in those 36 games.  He was still getting a lot of shots on goal during those games.  They just weren't going in for him.

I just thought of this.... Ruutu and Tootoo. That would be epic lmao.

I thought of this a while back.  But I was thinking of adding Cheechoo as well.

He just went into a god awful unlucky stretch the 2nd half of the season.  He scored 17 goals in his first 46 games, and then scored only 1 in the remaining 36.  His effort certainly wasn't the problem in those 36 games.  He was still getting a lot of shots on goal during those games.  They just weren't going in for him.

I thought of this a while back.  But I was thinking of adding Cheechoo as well.

Ryder got shots but a lot of them were from the outside and while he was coasting. The guy looked like he was skating in concrete most of the season. It must have been contagious because Bernier looked just like him out there too. Ryder said his skates were behind his skating issues. Let's hope he spent the offseason figuring it out because if he figures it out, he is dangerous. Looking forward to seeing Tootoo play in the preseason...let the bodies hit the floor. He is fast and can crush guys on the forecheck. Seems to me that they are pondering going with a meat grinding bottom six, especially the 4th line if they add Fedotenko. Tootoo Carter Fedotenko would be some ugly hockey to watch, but it would have to be better than what it replaces, right?

So with the try outs, and assuming the positions they will end up playing, is this our depth?

LW:

Cammalleri

Clowe

Henrique

Carter

Fedetenko

Matteau

Sestito

C:

Zajac

Elias

Zubrus

Gomez

Gionta

Josefson

Pelley (?)

RW:

Jagr

Ryder

Brunner

Havlat

Rutuu

Bernier

Tootoo

Boucher

Janssen

Sislo

Am I missing anyone? Or completely wrong with positions

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

Lou says that Tootoo and Fedotenko's agents contacted him about the tryout - so I wonder what their endgame is here - unless they take two-ways I don't see a spot for either one

Honestly the only reason Fedotenko is here is because his team from last year, HC Donbass is now playing in a warzone. I don't think he's looking forward to boarding any flights in that area...

Honestly the only reason Fedotenko is here is because his team from last year, HC Donbass is now playing in a warzone. I don't think he's looking forward to boarding any flights in that area...

Oh yeah good point.  Well I'd take him on a two-way deal if he looks good and is refusing to play in the KHL.

Severson got number 28? Interesting. Gelinas might be a goner if they feel highly on Severson.

Found that interesting as well, kind of a gauge how high they are on him considering that's a starter number. Anyone curious on other camp numbers as well, these are according to Cordell:

Merrill - 7

Havlat - 9

Cammalleri - 23

Severson - 28

Clemmensen - 40

Mamashev - 46

I am surprised one of the younger defensman doesn't get #22

That's so Lou