Training Camp invites

caron14

So with the try outs, and assuming the positions they will end up playing, is this our depth?

LW:

Cammalleri

Clowe

Henrique

Carter

Fedetenko

Matteau

Sestito

C:

Zajac

Elias

Zubrus

Gomez

Gionta

Josefson

Pelley (?)

RW:

Jagr

Ryder

Brunner

Havlat

Rutuu

Bernier

Tootoo

Boucher

Janssen

Sislo

Am I missing anyone? Or completely wrong with positions

We are looking amazing heading into the 2004-05 season.

I mean, what other defense options were left? Sami Salo?

Matt Taormina, Sheldon Brookbank, Mark Fraser, Henrik Tallinder, Tyler Eckford

without jokes i think McBain. he is 26 years old and he has not so bad statistics in awful clubs

or Ryan Whitney

both can do somethink more and better than mike.

Edited by Guadana

Enough invites already!  don't judge a good camp, but rather his body of work over recent years. There's a reason nobody else wants these guys.  Also, we all know a few of these one way contracts are going to Albany. We can't really believe other teams are drooling over the prospect of picking up S. Gionta, Space junk, etc.

SD, though I'll be the first to admit I don't get the mass-invite of all of these players, I don't think Lou can be knocked for this until some (if any) of them actually make the team (and don't contribute).

god, can't wait to get the time to go back and find which poster here literally bashed me for joking about Lou having an obsession with old over the hill vets as if i was crazy...

1) Most of these guys are in camp because their agents requested tryouts. 2) None of them are making the team unless they blow somebody away. These guys are competition for the kids and insurance in case they look like crap. The roster is pretty much set with very few openings, especially at forward. 

I think we'll see an up-tempo camp and series of preseason games. Outside of maybe Zajac, Zidlicky, Elias, Henrique and Jagr, absolutely everyone else on the roster has a lot to prove, PTOs included, and all for different reasons.

Should make for an exciting camp and some real fun pre-season games if so many guys are fighting for spots.