2014-15 Prospect Thread

thefiestygoat

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but don't we need to sign Pietila this summer? This past season was his Senior year at Michigan Tech, no?

Pietila and Coleman both finished their senior seasons and have to be signed this summer. I imagine both will be signed though they could always wait it out to go the UFA route. The Devils also have to sign Kujawinski this spring or he goes back into the draft. I think he gets signed too.

Sunday 3/29
OHL Playoffs - Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
#3 North Bay defeated #6 Kingston 3-2 (Lead Series 2-0)
Ryan Kujawinski C: E

WHL Playoffs - Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
#1 Brandon defeated #8 Edmonton 3-2 (Lead Series 2-1)
John Quenneville C: Goal, +2
Brandon Baddock C: E, 2 PIM (Slashing)

-- Quenneville has 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 playoff games this year. Last year he had 5 goals and 8 assists in 9 games. Clearly, he is #clutch.
-- Over his last 5 games (season+playoffs), Quenneville has 2 goals and 7 assists.

If Coleman/Pieitila opt to go UFA do they just have to wait out until August 16th and then they are free to sign anywhere?

Yes, but this really isn't a great option for most college free agents.  Someone like Pietila has no idea if there is a market for him and could easily go without a contract.

Yes, but this really isn't a great option for most college free agents.  Someone like Pietila has no idea if there is a market for him and could easily go without a contract.

I think Albany has been mathematically eliminated as well? Anyone else think one of the two would get an ATO. I would guess Coleman might be better suited for pro than Pietila.  I think someone is advising Lou on ago/pto's and that would be Chris Lams? I wonder if they still  try to sign one or two FA college guys still playing? And let these guys go by the wayside. 

Good to see Quenneville has some playoff mojo.

I still wonder if Quennville had a nagging injury that held him back for much of the year.  He started off the season really well, got hurt and was not putting up much for the longest time after he got back. 

I still wonder if Quennville had a nagging injury that held him back for much of the year. He started off the season really well, got hurt and was not putting up much for the longest time after he got back.

I forgot where I read this, but Quenneville has the 7th most ES/60 for Brandon forwards. Not very high on him, but I guess next year will be telling. He better destroy the league next year

I think Albany has been mathematically eliminated as well? Anyone else think one of the two would get an ATO. I would guess Coleman might be better suited for pro than Pietila.  I think someone is advising Lou on ago/pto's and that would be Chris Lams? I wonder if they still  try to sign one or two FA college guys still playing? And let these guys go by the wayside. 

You'd think Coleman would be happy with a Devils offer. we are a forward challenged team, and he's a decent forecheck / cycle who might be able to put the puck in the net 10+ times a season. not like we have a ton of options

That's a thing that interests me about forwards who are UFA/young/KHL transfer. Where else are they going to get as good as opportunity to play as here. We are starved for guys. I mean I don't know about guys like Panarin in SKA, or Moses in the FEL

I imagine that's why Blandisi signed here.  He may have had other offers, but the Devils were willing to burn a year of his ELC (very rare for NJ to do this).

Monday 3/30
#2 Barrie defeated #7 Belleville 8-2 (Lead Series 2-0)
Joseph Blandisi C: 2 Goals (1 PP), 2 Assists (Both PP), E, 2 PIM (Goaltender Interference)* 1st Star

Not sure how deep Barrie is, but it would be nice to watch them on nhl channel if they advance.

Tuesday 3/31

#3 North Bay defeated #6 Kingston 3-1 (Lead Series 3-0)

Ryan Kujawinski C: Assist, +1, 2 PIM (Tripping)

#1 Brandon defeated #8 Edmonton 3-2 (Lead Series 3-1)

John Quenneville C: E, 2 PIM (Hooking)

Brandon Baddock C: Goal, E, 2 PIM (Slashing)* 3rd Star

Wednesday 4/1

#2 Barrie defeated #7 Belleville 2-1 (OT) (Lead Series 3-0)

Joseph Blandisi C: Goal (GWG), +1, 4 PIM (Hooking, Goaltender Interference)* 3rd Star

-- Blandisi Playoffs: 3 GP 3-3-6, +1, 8 PIM

#1 Brandon defeated #8 Edmonton 3-2 (2OT) (Win Series 4-1)

John Quenneville C: Goal (GWG), E, 2 PIM (Roughing)* 1st Star

Brandon Baddock C: E, 2 PIM (Kneeing)

-- Quenneville Playoffs: 5 GP 3-3-6, +5, 8 PIM

-- Baddock Playoffs: 5 GP 1-0-1, -1, 10 PIM

Just saw Quenneville's goal. He started the transition by making a great play in his own zone by having a great takeaway and then he rushed up the right side to get into position for a one timer near the right slot. Great shift by him.

Good thing I watched a condensed 3 periods of that game. I was going to watch OT later.