2014-15 Prospect Thread

thefiestygoat

Monday 5/11

WHL Championship

Brandon lost to Kelowna 5-3 (Trail Series 3-0)

John Quenneville C: E, 2 PIM (Checking from Behind)

Playoffs: 18 GP 10-9-19, +9, 16 PIM

Yep.

I watched highlights of game 2, Nick Merkley looked pretty darn good. He's ranked around #15

Wednesday 5/13
WHL Championship
Brandon lost to Kelowna 3-0 (Lose Series 4-0)
John Quenneville C: -1, 2 PIM (Interference)
Season: 57 GP 17-30-47, +12, 63 PIM
Playoffs: 19 GP 10-9-19, +8, 18 PIM

Hopefully he can do a lot better next season. Injuries likely played a part in his down year so I don't want to jump all over the kid, but to say this year was a disappointment would be an understatement.

Wednesday 5/13

WHL Championship

Brandon lost to Kelowna 3-0 (Lose Series 4-0)

John Quenneville C: -1, 2 PIM (Interference)

Season: 57 GP 17-30-47, +12, 63 PIM

Playoffs: 19 GP 10-9-19, +8, 18 PIM

Hopefully he can do a lot better next season. Injuries likely played a part in his down year so I don't want to jump all over the kid, but to say this year was a disappointment would be an understatement.

No doubt a disappointing season for Quenneville, but at least he was at a point a game in the playoffs. Good postseason for him.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a surprise but Josh Jacobs is leaving MSU after just a year. Maybe he's going to Sarnia (assuming they still have his rights) or Albany (assuming he just signed)?

https://twitter.com/chrissolari/status/604355171406237696

"MSU hockey coach Tom Anastos: defenseman Josh Jacobs will not return for his sophomore season. Huge loss for improved Spartans."

A bit of a surprise but Josh Jacobs is leaving MSU after just a year. Maybe he's going to Sarnia (assuming they still have his rights) or Albany (assuming he just signed)?

https://twitter.com/chrissolari/status/604355171406237696

"MSU hockey coach Tom Anastos: defenseman Josh Jacobs will not return for his sophomore season. Huge loss for improved Spartans."

Interesting. I'm guessing we'll hear something soon.

Cordell is tweeting that he's going to Sarnia. Not clear whether he knows or is just assuming.

One positive is that it'll give the layman a better idea if he's any good. His point totals at MSU were terrible, but so was the team. Wonder if that's why he made the decision, apart from getting an ELC sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had hopes for him but point every other game as a forward in the ECHL at age 21 - not going to work out.  I imagine he'll do okay in the Austrian or German league, or maybe he'll catch on in the ECHL with another team.

Anthony Brodeur will obviously end up back here, but just not on an NHL contract.  I don't think he's going to be a successful professional hockey player, at any level, really.

Edited by Triumph

Had hopes for him but point every other game as a forward in the ECHL at age 21 - not going to work out.  I imagine he'll do okay in the Austrian or German league, or maybe he'll catch on in the ECHL with another team.

Anthony Brodeur will obviously end up back here, but just not on an NHL contract.  I don't think he's going to be a successful professional hockey player, at any level, really.

Gotta like they took a flyer on him. Wonder if Jeremy Brodeur will be invited to prospects camp again? too bad Anthony was on a lousy team to begin with.

Anyone notice on HF, we think our drafting isn't all that great?  None of Philly's picks are still with the team. a totally wasted draft! Talk about cleaning house.

Looks like Jacobs is definitely going to Sarnia.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/05/29/josh-jacobs-michigan-state-hockey/28163191/

This snippet is encouraging.

"Jacobs, 6-feet-2, 191 pounds, finished his debut season with nine assists and no goals, along with a team-low minus-10 rating while playing in all 35 games.

However, those numbers don't show the impact Jacobs made on a tough MSU defense that ranked 13th in the nation at 2.29 goals allowed per game and kept the Spartans in most games. He often matched up against opposing teams' top lines and played on both the Spartans' penalty-killing and power-play units. He logged significant minutes at even strength when MSU was missing players, often double-shifting and leading the defense in minutes played. He also blocked a team-high 72 shots."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...