NJDevs4978

NJDevs Fantasy Hockey '14-15

After crosby's game last night I was gonna thank Jacob again for letting sid fall to me at the second pick. Then I saw that perry scored a hat trick lol.

Yes so long as they're in a position they'll contribute to your stats. Until you go over the total position game limits anyway, you can't just add/drop guys everyday to add to the counting numbers.

this is an important point that many new fantasy players don't account for, you are limited in the number of games played at each position. Use them wisely. Edited by dmann422

After crosby's game last night I was gonna thank Jacob again for letting sid fall to me at the second pick. Then I saw that perry scored a hat trick lol.

this is an important point that many new fantasy players don't account for, you are limited in the number of games played at each position. Use them wisely.

It's often best to let your best players play... and not play matchups early.     Wait until injuries hit to get creative.

Just an overall total.  Since you have four starting centers, left wings and right wings it's 4*82 (328 collective C/LW/RW games), 6*82 on D (492 D games) and just 82 goalie games since there's only one goalie slot.  It sounds like a lot but if all of your starters stay healthy you won't need to add on games.  Odds are your starters will miss games at every position though so you'll probably have to slot in your backups too to keep up with your games played.

You can also move multi-position players around your lineup throughout the season (you can play a C/LW eligible player at C one game, at LW the next) in case you start going over in one position or falling behind at another.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm really disappointed in myself that I willingly drafted Timonen completely forgetting that he had blood clots and likely is retiring... and that I didn't realize this mistake until last night. Ugh.

Unreal, 1st day of the season and he already has a shut out!!

Make that two.

You get points based on your rank in every category.  There are 14 teams in the league, if you're first in goal-scoring you get 14 points, if you're last you get 1.  The half points are just if you're tied in a certain category.  Say I'm first in assists, I'll have 14.  If you and another team are second you'll each have 12.5 (between 13 and 12 since you're the next two teams), then the fourth team will have 11.

Is this scoring daily or weekly? Like what is the maximum number of points I can have at the end of the season and how would I get to that or not get to it considering I'm losing badly already lol

Since its roto and not head to head its daily stats and cumulative season totals. You gain points if your season rank goes up in a category. Max number of points would be 192 if you were too ranked in every single category (14*14) but nobody's THAT good.

Funny thing is I was literally five minutes from forgetting to check whether Jones was starting last night. Woulda really annoyed me to miss a near certain win :P

Since its roto and not head to head its daily stats and cumulative season totals. You gain points if your season rank goes up in a category. Max number of points would be 192 if you were too ranked in every single category (14*14) but nobody's THAT good.

Funny thing is I was literally five minutes from forgetting to check whether Jones was starting last night. Woulda really annoyed me to miss a near certain win :P

Ahh ok so the scores we see now are like "if the season ended today" kinda thing, right?

Ahh ok so the scores we see now are like "if the season ended today" kinda thing, right?

Yep, great way to look at it.

Sometimes people overload their positions and jump to a big lead... But then they hit theit position max and no longer accumulate stats in that position and fall in the standings in the final weeks.

Make that two.

Yes I saw.. Also noticed that you decided to make a run at my monopoly on FW...  does not make me happy!!

Yes I saw.. Also noticed that you decided to make a run at my monopoly on FW...  does not make me happy!!

It wasn't an aim, but it was a tiebreaker for me this year as I was looking to play a little more conservative with some boom/bust picks...   

For those who are rotating starting goalies, or playing tandems, etc  I find this site to be the best to confirm who is in net each game:    http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

I couldn't help myself, I needed Rask back.

Sworn Defenders trade Ryan Kesler and Antii Niemi to Eaglejelly for Tukka Rask and Milan Michahelk

I couldn't help myself, I needed Rask back.

Sworn Defenders trade Ryan Kesler and Antii Niemi to Eaglejelly for Tukka Rask and Milan Michahelk

cmon eagle jelly, a trade like this is just irresponsible. Now sworn defenders has Stamkos and Rask.

No wonder why Al wins every year, incompetent years like this one.

lol come on now, it is an even deal value wise...Rask > Niemi while Michalek < Kesler

(but I did want to punch something when I saw the trade too lol...at least Eagle managed to trade off his goalie depth for some value early and still have Cory/Niemi)

lol come on now, it is an even deal value wise...Rask > Niemi while Michalek < Kesler

(but I did want to punch something when I saw the trade too lol...at least Eagle managed to trade off his goalie depth for some value early and still have Cory/Niemi)

thats the worst way to look at trades.  Sworn Defenders just inherited the best player at his position.  he got the best goalie in the league and gave up a FAR inferior goalie and Kesler is slightly > Michalek

i might be in favor of just naming the league after him regardless of whether he wins or not.. pulling off trades like this is stuff of a legend

thats the worst way to look at trades.  Sworn Defenders just inherited the best player at his position.  he got the best goalie in the league and gave up a FAR inferior goalie and Kesler is slightly > Michalek

i might be in favor of just naming the league after him regardless of whether he wins or not.. pulling off trades like this is stuff of a legend

In what world is Kesler slightly better than Michalek?

Yeah Michalek is basically waiver fodder, Kesler can be a 50-60 point player on a good team with a high face off total at wing.

Granted if I were Eagle I'd have only traded Rask for a top five forward since he could have just drafted Stamkos himself at 4 (though he probably didn't know he'd get Cory in round 2), but he wanted to have a second plus option in goal so he had to take a good, not great forward back.

Of course if whoever was drafting 1 didn't ocd on Corey Perry then we're probably not having this debate cause the top 3 almost certainly would have been Crosby-Stamkos-Rask then ayl probably drafts Quick and I go down in flames taking the Queen.

Edited by NJDevs4978

In what world is Kesler slightly better than Michalek?

well, if we look at last year, Michalek had 39 points to Kesler's 48.. so theres that

you know having the best goalie helps a team a lot more than adding a slightly above average skater.. don't play dumb at least own it

thought my offer of Miller & Stepan was better...  assuming Stepan comes back healthy...

But I do agree, to trade Rask and NOT get a 1st round skater is crazy!!

Of course if whoever was drafting 1 didn't ocd on Corey Perry then we're probably not having this debate cause the top 3 almost certainly would have been Crosby-Stamkos-Rask then ayl probably drafts Quick and I go down in flames taking the Queen.

so true..

well, if we look at last year, Michalek had 39 points to Kesler's 48.. so theres that

you know having the best goalie helps a team a lot more than adding a slightly above average skater.. don't play dumb at least own it

I did the trade, so I obviously agree.    We went back and fourth on this a lot after the draft on this trade.

It's dealing from his position of strength for a weakness.

Kesler was in a bad situation in Vancouver and an awesome position in Anaheim... he is going to do great and the FW on the wing is just awesome.   I felt I got a steal grabbing him where I did.   I don't like giving up steals; but I love elite goalies.  I think I won the trade.  Anyone who trades should think they won though.

You have to patiently wait until Yahoo puts the IR designation on him, it was just announced a few minutes ago, they're not exactly instantaneous :lol:

You have to patiently wait until Yahoo puts the IR designation on him, it was just announced a few minutes ago, they're not exactly instantaneous :lol:

Ouch lol, that hurts a little. Looks like I'm starting Halak haha