NJDevs Fantasy Hockey '14-15

NJDevs4978

While I lost 10.5 points in one night based on a -9 offensively and a bad game by Quick in Dallas.  I thought even now was too late in the season to have a double-digit point swing :P

I had a 9.5 gain last night, so I guess it still depends which categories you are moving in, I think the goalie categories are still ripe for some big jumps.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, was so pleased to see I had jumped to 3rd last week.

Now, a few days later, I'm back to 9th!

The league is so close this year, love it.

Agreed; I look at the standings and I want to blow up my team and restart...  I drill down on the numbers and I'm like; I'm really not doing ~that~ bad...      I still need to fix things though...  Looking squarely at you +/-.

The difference between 2nd & 9th is 20 pts, there is alot of room to move within tjhose spots...and 3rd through 9th are 10pts apart..

if we can real in Hasan this could be a really fun year...

I don't think I'm going to run away and hide especially if I keep forgetting to check the Kings starting goalies (I didn't realize their game wasn't at 10:30...well tbh I almost forgot they were playing period) :rant:

And I miss a shutout, figures.  At least I already have four in the bank and hopefully will get at least a couple more by the end of the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't think I'm going to run away and hide especially if I keep forgetting to check the Kings starting goalies (I didn't realize their game wasn't at 10:30...well tbh I almost forgot they were playing period) :rant:

And I miss a shutout, figures.  At least I already have four in the bank and hopefully will get at least a couple more by the end of the season.

Quick was a money pick.  

I don't remember if he was gone before I picked Price (I think he was), but if he was still available.. I'm about to punch myself for going with the Habs over the Kings.

Quick was a money pick.  

I don't remember if he was gone before I picked Price (I think he was), but if he was still available.. I'm about to punch myself for going with the Habs over the Kings.

Nope, you would have picked Quick if he was available.     It was a debate of who would be better...  Rask on a due for a decline Bruins team or Quick in the West.

Rask went #3.

Quick was #5 overall

Lundqvist, #9 

and then Price at #13

Quick was the fifth overall pick, I'm pretty sure Perry, Crosby, Rask and Stamkos were top four. I know Price wasn't one of them.

Having both goalies on a really good team helps though it can be a double edged sword if you forget to check who's playing that day. The daily goalie starter link ayl posted helps though and I remembered to look a couple of times like five minutes before the game so I gotta be more on top of that. Being in three fantasy football playoffs divides my attention span for fantasy though :lol:

Quick was the fifth overall pick, I'm pretty sure Perry, Crosby, Rask and Stamkos were top four. I know Price wasn't one of them.

Having both goalies on a really good team helps though it can be a double edged sword if you forget to check who's playing that day. The daily goalie starter link ayl posted helps though and I remembered to look a couple of times like five minutes before the game so I gotta be more on top of that. Being in three fantasy football playoffs divides my attention span for fantasy though :lol:

Agreed.  I constantly forget to check...   I often wish I could just elect "Boston Goalie"... although last night, ugh.

I wish I'd missed THIS Jones start instead of the other one :P

I checked the starting goalies at 6:45 and it still wasn't confirmed and I forgot to check again, though I had put Jones in cause I assumed he'd be playing in a back-to-back.  Guess the standings'll tighten up now...although for once it isn't ayl over my left shoulder.  Whoever is in second has a pretty good team though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I wish I'd missed THIS Jones start instead of the other one :P

I checked the starting goalies at 6:45 and it still wasn't confirmed and I forgot to check again, though I had put Jones in cause I assumed he'd be playing in a back-to-back. Guess the standings'll tighten up now...although for once it isn't ayl over my left shoulder. Whoever is in second has a pretty good team though.

I still believe in my team, give it time.

It wouldn't surprise me if you made a run before it's over, it's still a long season.

It would be nice if my offense picked it up, seems everyone has gone cold lately.

EDIT: Shoulda put in Trevor Daley tonight lol, really anyone against the Devils is a good play at this point :(

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't know about temporarily lol, my team's been in total freefall for like three weeks. Even on a night I get six points and a goalie win I still lost 8.5 points from the lead.

Didn't think my team was as good as the early start but I don't really think they're this bad either. Some players are underachieving a bit and need a bag skate :P

Edited by NJDevs4978