2014 Training Camp Thread

Jas0nMacIsaac

So were looking to sign Tootoo and they asked Gomer to remain with the team for now but unsigned... 

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/10/devils_look_to_sign_jordin_tootoo_today_ask_scott_gomez_to_stay_with_club_unsigned.html

it must mean Lou is trying to work a trade? Cause if the roster is set today... what's the point of keeping him around?

So were looking to sign Tootoo and they asked Gomer to remain with the team for now but unsigned...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/10/devils_look_to_sign_jordin_tootoo_today_ask_scott_gomez_to_stay_with_club_unsigned.html

it must mean Lou is trying to work a trade? Cause if the roster is set today... what's the point of keeping him around?

my honest opinion is no other team has even approached Gomez with an offer- I mean the guy had trouble sticking in the panthers bottom 6 last year. Unless he's happy to be stashed in the ahl he's going to have to wait until a team is desperate with injuries.

my honest opinion is no other team has even approached Gomez with an offer- I mean the guy had trouble sticking in the panthers bottom 6 last year. Unless he's happy to be stashed in the ahl he's going to have to wait until a team is desperate with injuries.

i honestly don't care and it's actually awesome to see him crawling to us and being on his knees waiting for something to happen, the guy left for the Rangers... if we take it back we certainly shouldnt hand him a contract on a silver plater.

French interview with Marty talking about his situation

Lots of infos in there but i dont have time right now to translate it all. Google translate might help for now

Basically says he's hoping a team calls but that if it doesnt happen that its not the end of the world

http://www.tvasports.ca/2014/10/06/jespere-quune-equipe-mappellera---brodeur

edit: ohh... at the end he's talking about an "offer" that Lou has for him and that it's still a possibility. That they are on good terms and keep meeting each other every week and that Lou wants the best for him, that they are both willing to wait and take the time it takes to get to that or something. That he'll always be a Devils and bla bla bla. And that the offer that the rumours are talking about is something between him and Lou and that they'll take a decision when the time comes.

Edited by SterioDesign

Lots of infos in there but i dont have time right now to translate it all. Google translate might help for now

Basically says he's hoping a team calls but that if it doesnt happen that its not the end of the world

Sounds like Marty may be warming up to the idea of retirement.

Martin Brodeur is not yet ready to hang up his pads. And after training with his son Anthony and other players of the Gatineau Olympiques, his decision was even clearer.

The fire still burns in him.

"I'm still hooked. Right here, I have fun. I like that challenge the players, and that was kind of my role in New Jersey, Brodeur said during an interview with TVA Sports.

"I was a leader. I have had good seasons in recent years, but it is a pride for me to help the players around me. "

The caretaker of 42 years is still no contract approach the start of the season. The veteran is still very serene with his decision to play one more season. But what training?

Winning the Stanley Cup

Brodeur still gives the luxury to find a team that will meet their personal requirements. Topping the list: a chance to win the Stanley Cup.

"I had opportunities, but I really looking for something special. I want to finish my career and have fun. I will have no regrets.

"My decision is personal you want to continue. It is I who feel like wanting to win the Stanley Cup, even if it's not in a leading role. "

Obviously, Montreal was the center of rumors of possible destinations for Brodeur. Good diplomat, the main person did not want to add more on the subject.

"Even though I have lots of experience with the media, I have to be careful what I say. Canadians have a big team, said Brodeur.

"Ultimately, that's what I'm looking for, that is to say, being able to have a position with a team that has a chance to win the Stanley Cup, whether in the East or in the West. "

Deadline?

Time passes, and the season will begin shortly. Brodeur there a deadline to make a final decision?

"I want to let things go. I want to see what teams will be in this season. I take my family more than ever. At one point, I will decide on a date when I will make a decision. "

And he enjoys every moment he has with his family.

Jump on the ice of the Robert Guertin Centre for a battle between father and son was definitely a special moment for Martin.

"It was great. I can explain some things, I've seen hockey in my career! "

Severson playing on the PP in practice probably indicates he is in the top 6 to start the season. Does that mean Larsson is going to get scratched game 1?

That's sure what it looks like, unless they dress seven defensemen.  Kind of stinks, and it's really starting to look like Larsson just isn't that good.  sh!t happens I suppose.

TG:

Jagr on Zajac: "I'm too fast so he could not keep up with me.  He felt bad.  42 years old and I outskated him, so he just left.  Too much speed."

Hahahah Jagr is the best