2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Despite the crappy defense of the Oilers, he placed that shot with absolute precision. That's the hardest place for a goalie to make a save imo because you have to bring your shoulder up high enough to get a piece. That's not easy to do while you're down in the butterfly position.

Despite the crappy defense of the Oilers, he placed that shot with absolute precision. That's the hardest place for a goalie to make a save imo because you have to bring your shoulder up high enough to get a piece. That's not easy to do while you're down in the butterfly position.

It's bad goaltending.

Flames won when the Blackhawks got distracted by the Blues music, got rolled up and the Flames had their feet on the ropes.

Also Fayne scored a goal... good for him

And the Oil loses 7-4... Yikes, he must be in culture shock after going there from a team like the Devils. It's like leaving Catholic School for Malcolm X HS in Newark in your sophomore year.

Edited by DJ Eco

"The New York Rangers are one of the most decorated and revered teams in all of hockey...."

:blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:   :blahblah:

...Only they're not....

Also from that site:

Playing at "The World's Most Famous Arena," Madison Square Garden, the Rangers have built a storied reputation on pride, passion, and tradition. Throughout their 89-year history, the Rangers have provided their loyal, True Blue fans with some of the most memorable moments in New York sports history.

What's both sad and hilarious (or hilariously sad or sadly hilarious) is that the NHL's dumbest fanbase actually thinks this way.  They'll NEVER be the Yankees of the NHL no matter how much they want to believe that they are.

Anyway, love that they're sucking to start the year, but they'll recover...Lundqvist has had shaky moments before, but he'll have his .920-or-so save% by the end of the season (and the last game was definitely more his teammates' fault than his).  Not that I wouldn't love seeing him have an off-year at top dollar, and watching Ranger fans freak out and turn on him as a result...

Also from that site:

Playing at "The World's Most Famous Arena," Madison Square Garden, the Rangers have built a storied reputation on pride, passion, and tradition. Throughout their 89-year history, the Rangers have provided their loyal, True Blue fans with some of the most memorable moments in New York sports history.

What's both sad and hilarious (or hilariously sad or sadly hilarious) is that the NHL's dumbest fanbase actually thinks this way.  They'll NEVER be the Yankees of the NHL no matter how much they want to believe that they are.

Anyway, love that they're sucking to start the year, but they'll recover...Lundqvist has had shaky moments before, but he'll have his .920-or-so save% by the end of the season (and the last game was definitely more his teammates' fault than his).  Not that I wouldn't love seeing him have an off-year at top dollar, and watching Ranger fans freak out and turn on him as a result...

Is that site the Onion's sports page?  That is some straight up comedic writing right there.  That guy needs to go to work for SNL (they need all the help they can get).

Also from that site:

Sounds like the script for the beginning of any MSG special hosted by Al Trautwig.

alright so where's the people who kept saying Kovy sucked, couldnt score and was done in the KHL again?

That's about what he should be averaging in that glorified beer league.  Anything less then he would be a miserable failure.

I am just happy the Devils are out of that contract.  By year 7 that thing would have been extremely painful and with another 8 years left on it.

The KHL is on par with the AHL (and may be worse)

I've been watching all the KHL games that are broadcasted on One World Sports and I have to say that some of the defense and goaltending is absolutely brutal. Right now there are over 20 players above a point per game, including guys like Stephane Da Costa (1 less point than Kovalchuk). Even Nicklas Bergfors is almost a point per game player right now. Last year only saw 4 players finish above a point per game so I think the scoring is really inflated in the KHL right now.

That's about what he should be averaging in that glorified beer league.  Anything less then he would be a miserable failure.

I am just happy the Devils are out of that contract.  By year 7 that thing would have been extremely painful and with another 8 years left on it.

certainly miss him as a player here..but i couldnt agree more and thats what i remind everyone who bitches about him leaving..we really kind of lucked out getting ourselves out of that hole of a contract it wouldve been tough.

I've been watching all the KHL games that are broadcasted on One World Sports and I have to say that some of the defense and goaltending is absolutely brutal. Right now there are over 20 players above a point per game, including guys like Stephane Da Costa (1 less point than Kovalchuk). Even Nicklas Bergfors is almost a point per game player right now. Last year only saw 4 players finish above a point per game so I think the scoring is really inflated in the KHL right now.

When you think about it, getting rid of Kovalchuk was an absolute no brainer.  They take up 8.5 million (compared to 6.66) on this year's cap and are two legit top liners. You can make the argument that both of them are better than IK and we don't have to deal with it Kovy's decline a huge recaputure penalty

Edited by SMantzas