2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Be careful what you wish for, fellas, an Islanders Cup win will have the same effect on their fanbase as we see with Rangers fans now. They're of the same ilk, if you will, and I've already seen a bandwagon-effect on the fanbase, and a lot of really trashy aggressive Islanders fans popping up out of no where (in our building).

If they win the Cup, you won't see a difference between Rangers or Islanders fans. A lot of most douchey Rangers fans are from Long Island; that same arrogance is already coming out now in their fanbase.

I'll maybe root for them to make the Finals, but I'd like it to end there, I'd like them to lose. Being the most recent Cup winner in the tristate area is the last thing we have to hang on to.

Every fan base has that. There's some real jerk off Devils fans out there too these days. We can't hold on to last cup in the area forever. If we want that, we're gonna have to wait till our team is back to winning again

Kreider is such a fvcking cockbag. https://mobile.twitter.com/corwindonald/status/560246401746366464/photo/1

Someone seriously needs to plant that little twat-stain in the first row.

Honestly - I'm just so fed up with the way the NHL handles (or doesn't) discipline. It's almost like a second tier league.

Player safety always harps on 'reputation' and 'repeat offenders' and yet they haven't taken action against this douchebag. He's going to keep "accidentally" running goalies until he seriously hurts someone (again).

Lundqvist makes a save on Weise that's under review. Looks like it could be a goal, but it's near impossible to be sure. The puck is a blur.

Just showed a zoomed in shot that really looks like it was a goal, but still really hard to tell.

Final call: Inconclusive.

Edited by ATLL765

"It found a hole." "He has got one of the best releases in the game." Bwahahaahahahah, yeah, don't worry Lundqvist that one was unstoppable according to Micheletti and Rosen. Hilarious to hear the Rags announcers try to cover for Lundqvist on what can only be seen as pure suckage.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020712-758-ingame-h

"bever get any calls going are way, fvckin bullsh!t refs the league hates us"- my ranger fan brother and father

LOL. The Weise non-goal was definitely a goal too. They got lucky it was a hard shot and they couldn't get a clear picture of where it was fully across the line. 

LOL. The Weise non-goal was definitely a goal too. They got lucky it was a hard shot and they couldn't get a clear picture of where it was fully across the line. 

Not from what I saw. The entire puck has to cross the line. There was no white. Something even the guys on NHL network concluded. It's amazing how much response Hank gets. He let in a bad one. Smart play by Pacioretty shooting through McDonagh. Looked like I missed a great game. I managed to see the replay. Great goaltending from two of the best. Price made a ridiculous save on St. Louis in the third. Hank had that great glove stop on Pacioretty. It's always the ones you don't expect. 

Rangers are not beating the Isles in the playoffs (as of now at least) Isles are faster, much tougher, and have depth. Too much of the Rags offense is Nash. When he starts slumping they're going to play a lot of games like they did last night

Hate to agree but correct 7'. That game was over as soon as the Islanders took the lead. They are too big and physical. The Islanders are 4 lines deep. They also have Martin and Clutterbuck on the best 4th line. The only chance the Rangers have is for Slats to upgrade at center and address the bottom two lines. They lost a lot from last year's team (Boyle, Richards, Pouliot, Dorsett, Carcillo). The Islanders are the most complete roster in the East. The hardest teams for them to play are the Isles, Lightning and Bruins. 

Kreider is such a fvcking cockbag. https://mobile.twitter.com/corwindonald/status/560246401746366464/photo/1

Someone seriously needs to plant that little twat-stain in the first row.

I don't view him as dirty. The problem is he doesn't know how to let up. Kreider is faster than the average skater that size. In this instance, he drove the net and put on the brakes too late making the contact with Halak unavoidable. Someone needs to teach him how to have more control and avoid goalies. Whether it's by just driving by or shielding the body. Otherwise, he'll continue to get nabbed and have a bad reputation.,

Not from what I saw. The entire puck has to cross the line. There was no white. Something even the guys on NHL network concluded. It's amazing how much response Hank gets. He let in a bad one. Smart play by Pacioretty shooting through McDonagh. Looked like I missed a great game. I managed to see the replay. Great goaltending from two of the best. Price made a ridiculous save on St. Louis in the third. Hank had that great glove stop on Pacioretty. It's always the ones you don't expect. 

Oh come on, where they managed to stop the camera, the puck had already hit Lundqvist's pad and was on it's way out. That's where it appeared to not be completely over the line. For that to be, the puck must have been across the line a split second prior to that. It even looked like it had crossed the line when they played the video, but it was moving so fast that the puck was nothing but a blur making a definitive call impossible. 

I don't view him as dirty. The problem is he doesn't know how to let up. Kreider is faster than the average skater that size. In this instance, he drove the net and put on the brakes too late making the contact with Halak unavoidable. Someone needs to teach him how to have more control and avoid goalies. Whether it's by just driving by or shielding the body. Otherwise, he'll continue to get nabbed and have a bad reputation.,

Even if it's not intentional, he needs to know that if he's coming in as fast as he can that he has to pull up once he gets to a certain point. Whether it's intentional or negligent, it's equally dangerous and can have the same consequence of injuring goalies.

Oh come on, where they managed to stop the camera, the puck had already hit Lundqvist's pad and was on it's way out. That's where it appeared to not be completely over the line. For that to be, the puck must have been across the line a split second prior to that. It even looked like it had crossed the line when they played the video, but it was moving so fast that the puck was nothing but a blur making a definitive call impossible. 

Even if it's not intentional, he needs to know that if he's coming in as fast as he can that he has to pull up once he gets to a certain point. Whether it's intentional or negligent, it's equally dangerous and can have the same consequence of injuring goalies.

You can't definitely tell me it was in. Under the current review format, they have to go with what was called. In the future, they're going to insert better technology to determine such video reviews. And btw the Rangers got screwed on one of those pre All-Star break. I knew they had to rule what they did. I didn't get upset. It is what it is. 

On Kreider, we agree. He's not intentionally trying to injure goalies. But the record shows that he has a history. It's time for him to make the adjustment. 

You can't definitely tell me it was in. Under the current review format, they have to go with what was called. In the future, they're going to insert better technology to determine such video reviews. And btw the Rangers got screwed on one of those pre All-Star break. I knew they had to rule what they did. I didn't get upset. It is what it is. 

On Kreider, we agree. He's not intentionally trying to injure goalies. But the record shows that he has a history. It's time for him to make the adjustment. 

I never said it was 100% clear. They made the right call given that the puck was a total blur, making it impossible to get a clear shot of it over the line. I'm just saying that it's highly likely that puck was completely over the line and the Rangers were lucky that the video was unclear.

Watching the Rangers vs Panthers game. Lundqvist just drew an interference call where it looked to me like he was never touched and went down on his own.

This coming after the rags scored a flukey goal that deflected past Luongo off a defender's stick to make it 4-3.

Edited by ATLL765

Watching the Rangers vs Panthers game. Lundqvist just drew an interference call where it looked to me like he was never touched and went down on his own.

This coming after the rags scored a flukey goal that deflected past Luongo off a defender's stick to make it 4-3.

That whole game was bullsh!t luck for the rags