2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Torts is trying to develop his own formula for advanced stats. http://deadspin.com/john-tortorella-i-deserved-to-get-fired-1685711045?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

The above sentence isn't one I thought I'd ever type lol.

If I understand it correctly, I believe he theorized that the possession at even strength has a .43 correlation with how much of an a$$hole the head coach is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc Methot signs 4 year, $19.6 million extension with Ottawa

"Defenseman Marc Methot signed a four-year, $19.6 million contract extension Monday with theOttawa Senators.....Methot's contract includes a modified 10-team no-trade clause, the Senators announced via Twitter."

Deal has an AAV of $4.9M.

I know some mentioned him as a possible target in FA to bolster the defense and to help provide a role model for the young guys on the back end. I think that this kind of money would have been too much for us to be spending on a UFA defenseman.

I'd rather us not sign anyone to a contract any larger than 3/14.5. If there was someone the team is in love with and is a really good, quality defenseman, I'd think about spending as much as 4/18, but that's the absolute maximum I'd be willing to spend. I'd much rather us keep the term to 3 years or less if we sign any UFAs this summer. We need to fill slots, but we also need to make sure we're not anchoring ourselves to any bad contracts that will either be blocking younger guys from playing or preventing us from having the flexibility to make some moves when the time is right.

Edited by ATLL765