2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Who is beating the Rangers in the playoffs? Tampa isn't great anymore, Islanders are getting banged up and Halak is a mess, Montreal has to rely on Price, Boston sucks, Caps are the Caps and the Pens are the Pens...

Go Wings Go.

The Devils of course.

Who is beating the Rangers in the playoffs? Tampa isn't great anymore, Islanders are getting banged up and Halak is a mess, Montreal has to rely on Price, Boston sucks, Caps are the Caps and the Pens are the Pens...

Go Wings Go.

Tampa would annihilate the Rags. So would the Islanders. The others I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them.

Nik Leddy got a seven year extension at $5.5 m. aav. 

Exceelent job by Snow.

It sounds like a great deal for both sides to me.. but I'm waiting for one of the stats guys to show up and tell me why it's a bad deal.

That... that is satisfying.  

The league should look at that flying elbow, imo.

Anaheim and Montreal made a deal: http://m.thn.com/blog/smith-pellysekac-trade-risky-for-ducks-safe-for-canadiens-who-wins/

Sekac for Smith-Pelley.

Wasn't Sekac the kid from Europe whom many teams were clamoring for to play for them this offseason? Something gone wrong for him?

I know he is going to another playoff bound team but wondering why montreal shipped him off.

Wasn't Sekac the kid from Europe whom many teams were clamoring for to play for them this offseason? Something gone wrong for him?

I know he is going to another playoff bound team but wondering why montreal shipped him off.

Read the article- makes sense for both teams. Montreal needed some sandpaper up front, and Anaheim needed some more skill.

He'd been a healthy scratch in Montreal recently. He only has 3 points in his last 25 games after putting up 13 in his first 25.

Wild acquires Sean Bergenheim from Panthers for a third round pick

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/570387717558702081

Similar numbers to Ryder. If Bergenheim is worth a 3rd, Ryder should be too...or at least a 4th. I'm not familiar enough with Bergenheim to know if he's a better two way player than Ryder, although I imagine it's hard not to be, lol.

I really think it'd be beneficial to put him back in the lineup or his value will decrease if GMs start to think Lou will just give him away for anything if he isn't ever in the lineup.

This also makes it pretty much a sure thing that Jagr will bring back at least a 2nd rd pick, if not a 2nd+prospect or a conditional 1st.

Edited by ATLL765

I think we will most likely pass Philly in the standings because even if we simply win a few, lose a few. The more they start Rob Zepp, the more it looks like they are in "Well, we don't really care if we win" mode.

So Buffalo won 4-2 tonight. The last time Buffalo scored 4 goals in a win (reg. + OT) was December 15th, versus the Sens. 

Edited by Neb00rs

They're not starting Zepp for any other reason other than the other two are hurt. They believe in fools gold down there too.

Eh, the Flyers reluctance to fill the goaltending void during a critical playoff push time demonstrates exactly what I am saying. I don't know if Zepp takes the title as worst goalie to play in the league this year, but he is up there.

They should have claimed Bryzgalov, that would have been hilarious :P

Bryz could be the guy who is actually currently the NHLs worst.