2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

I agree Jagr is in a better situation and he helped to save the Panthers' season tonight. To be fair though, his scoring under Oates would have been somewhat better had he not thrown in the towel.

and Zids has 9 pts in 14 games with 3 goals as a D man. our deadline guys have been great value....although the wings are looking bad!

I feel like the Rangers have the most overrated defense and thats their weakness. Staal Girardi and Boyle haven't been great in their own zone. Hunwick is trash and they are missing Klein. Nash has like 3 goals in the last 18 games as well. Should be interesting if they end up playing Boston in the first round.

Don't be fooled. The Rangers, despite fumbling a bit, are still really really good. I think maybe, maybe Montreal could beat them in a series. I don't really see anyone being able to do so.

Who is fooled? And what are you talking about 'fumbling a bit'? They are simply coming back down to earth from winning at an incredible rate

Don't be fooled. The Rangers, despite fumbling a bit, are still really really good. I think maybe, maybe Montreal could beat them in a series. I don't really see anyone being able to do so.

oh come on. Boston could. Tampa could.

Isles I'm not sure of anymore. Washington would probably lose. I think Pitt would lose

Edited by '7'

For a while there I had no idea why Edmonton decided to have anything to do with Richard Bachman: he's a 27 year-old goalie (28 this July) who has never really done anything special in his professional career and who has looked terrible in his stints in the NHL over the years. And when he allowed 10 goals on his first 61 shots faced this year (.836), I figured, finally that's it. Now these last two games (1 GA on 59 shots - .983), he's almost looked like he can play. 

Also, Andrew Miller with 6 pts in his first 6 GP. Nice surprise.

Edited by Neb00rs

Other Notes:

Max Pacioretty hit a new career high in points tonight with 66, surpassing his 2011-12 total of 65. He's also a league leading +39, which is +31 more than he has ever put up. He's currently 2 goals away from tying his career high in goals from last year (39).

Soon-to-be 34 year-old Radim Vrbata is 2 points away from tying his career high of 62 from 2011-12 on the Coyotes. Very surprising.

With 2 points tonight, #24 on the Flames moves into 7th in the league in scoring with 71 points. Which begs the question, "who is he and what has he done with Jiri Hudler?" 71 points is 14 more points than Jiri Hudler has ever scored.

Lastly, Scott Darling continues to impress in Chicago. Through 12 GP this season, he has a .941 Sv% and a 1.77 GAA. 

Edited by Neb00rs

I think Boston and Tampa could, Montreal MAYBE but I doubt it. Like the others said, Pittsburgh would lose and I don't think the Isles could pull it off anymore. I really want Boston to make the playoffs. If they can just get in, they'd beat the Rangers if that matchup ends up happening.

Other Notes:

Max Pacioretty hit a new career high in points tonight with 66, surpassing his 2011-12 total of 65. He's also a league leading +39, which is +31 more than he has ever put up. He's currently 2 goals away from tying his career high in goals from last year (39).

Soon-to-be 34 year-old Radim Vrbata is 2 points away from tying his career high of 62 from 2011-12 on the Coyotes. Very surprising.

With 2 points tonight, #24 on the Flames moves into 7th in the league in scoring with 71 points. Which begs the question, "who is he and what has he done with Jiri Hudler?" 71 points is 14 more points than Jiri Hudler has ever scored.

Lastly, Scott Darling continues to impress in Chicago. Through 12 GP this season, he has a .941 Sv% and a 1.77 GAA. 

This year's Anti Raanta. Two straight years Chicago has gotten out of no where help from their AHL goalies

Definitely the only 50 goal scorer this year. This is his 6th 50 goal season, which ties him with Marcel Dionne, Guy Lafleur, and Mario Lemieux. Not bad company for sure.

The goal total won't say it, but when it's all said it and done, I think Ovechkin will be the greatest goal scorer in NHL history.