2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: NHL announces Kings' Slava Voynov suspended indefinitely pending NHL investigation after Voynov arrested on charges of domestic violence

same story as varlamov i think

some girl wants some money from her rich boyfriend and do as much for provocation as she can

most funny think is that voynov`s girlfriend surname is varlamova =-)

same story as varlamov i think

some girl wants some money from her rich boyfriend and do as much for provocation as she can

most funny think is that voynov`s girlfriend surname is varlamova =-)

not sure about that... i read that her face is really messed up and that the pictures are disgusting to look at... god knows if its 100% true though

2SD

will see. voynov looks like smart normal quiet person

but as we say -  in quit slough  devils live 

still waters run deep
 - english version

i dont like that league disqualified him - without investigation. where is the presumption of innocence? it`s undemocratically. If the judge verdict of not guilty - voynov may apply to the court for moral damages and damages of prestige

2SD

will see. voynov looks like smart normal quiet person

but as we say -  in quit slough  devils live 

still waters run deep
 - english version

i dont like that league disqualified him - without investigation. where is the presumption of innocence? it`s undemocratically. If the judge verdict of not guilty - voynov may apply to the court for moral damages and damages of prestige

The NHL is a private organization and doesn't have to worry about things like due process.  The players also agreed that the league could do stuff like in the CBA. 

Since you're Russian, you also might not be aware of the trouble the NFL has gotten in over a few football players that were accused (one caught on video tape) of beating up their girlfriends.  The NHL doesn't want the same thing to happen to it, and probably the rest of the players would not like the bad publicity either.

2Daniel

i know stories about NFL

but i know stories about guys who didn`t guilty

you talk about video tape, but there we have nothing (yet)

CBA is a good thing but constitution and american law is much higher than that (i think. i imagine that)

i don`t know how does it work in us, in russian law - if contract goes against national law - it`s a reason for the court

and NHL is a private organization with their good private contracts before ex players sit in court and talk about hard consequences of the game in the NHL and concussions

Edited by Guadana

2Daniel

i know stories about NFL

CBA is a good thing but constitution and american law is much higher than that (i think. i imagine that)

i don`t know how does it work in us, in russian law - if contract goes against national law - it`s a reason for the court

and NHL is a private organization with their good private contracts before ex players sit in court and talk about hard consequences of the game in the NHL and concussions

If Voynov feels that his suspension is unlawful for whatever reason, he can bring a case against the NHL and maybe the Kings so that he can at least continue to receive his salary.  He might actually be receiving his salary, which means that a court couldn't really do anything for him anyway.

If Voynov feels that his suspension is unlawful for whatever reason, he can bring a case against the NHL and maybe the Kings so that he can at least continue to receive his salary.  He might actually be receiving his salary, which means that a court couldn't really do anything for him anyway.

This is a paid suspension.

2Daniel

i know stories about NFL

i don`t know how does it work in us, in russian law - if contract goes against national law - it`s a reason for the court

and NHL is a private organization with their good private contracts before ex players sit in court and talk about hard consequences of the game in the NHL and concussions

when voynov signed his contract, he agreed to the terms of the CBA, so this is a lawful suspension. The CBA makes it very clear that a player can be suspended if there is a threat to the league's reputation. In addition, the league consulted with the players union before issuing the suspension and the union agreed with it.

Also, as others have said, voynov is still getting paid during the suspension. I'm sure everyone here would love to get paid to do nothing. He has no legal recourse whatsoever here.

How about that CBJ Sharks game last night.  I really, really enjoy watching CBJ play. I still say it's gonna be a Ducks vs. CBJ final.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Jackets have some success in the postseason.  Their fans are overdue for some postseason fun.