2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

I really didnt think Kreider's hit was worth a suspention, certainly buddy went hard in the board and fell awkwardly and it made it look worst but it was a simply hockey play and a game misconduct was enough.

Even when he injured Price in the playoffs, as much as i hate both teams and would be glad to see them destroy each others and get suspension i also think it wasnt on purpose.

That's looking at it neutral. I'm sure bunch of people will see what they want since he's a Rangers player though.

Edited by SterioDesign

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago

No supplementary discipline expected for NYR Chris Kreider for his hit last night on MIN's Jonas Brodin. He received 5-minute major and GM.

Moore definitely deserves a suspension.

What a crock of sh!t. That was as dirty a hit as you'll see. I hope someone breaks Kreider's fvcking rat face soon enough, the smug little prick.
  • Like 2

What a crock of sh!t. That was as dirty a hit as you'll see. I hope someone breaks Kreider's fvcking rat face soon enough, the smug little prick.

I fvcking hate Kreider and he continues to make questionable hits and plays because:

a) No one will fight him for it in today's NHL; this d-bag never has to fight for the sh!t he does. No one wants to be the guy who gets a coincidental roughing to Kreider's penalty or an instigator, because THAT'S how refs are calling it.

b) The NHL's one chance to discipline him, even a game or two, and they don't do it.

Garbage... Really hate that player, he's been given free reign, even by our Devils. If he runs Schneider, no one outside of maybe Salvador will lift a finger, the way our team is structured. Our response after Nash ran Schneider last week was pathetic.

You could argue "intent" with Kreider's hit as much as with Moore's. If anything, Moore's was a freaky flash of a second where he chose to lift an elbow. Scummy, but it happened within the quickness of the game. Kreider saw the back of Brodin's jersey for a few seconds and knew what he was doing when he launched him into the boards at high speed. What other intent can you argue that Kreider has in that 3-4 second puck chase other than to launch this dude head first into the boards and injure him? It wasn't a freak accident.

Edited by DJ Eco

I fvcking hate Kreider and he continues to make questionable hits and plays because:

a) No one will fight him for it in today's NHL; this d-bag never has to fight for the sh!t he does

b) The NHL's one chance to discipline him, even a game or two, and they don't do it.

Garbage... Really hate that player, he's been given free reign, even by our Devils. If he runs Schneider, no one outside of maybe Salvador will lift a finger, the way our team is structured. Our response after Nash ran Schneider last week was pathetic.

The next questionable thing that xxxxsucker does (probably next game knowing Kreider) better get him put in the fvcking emergency room. I'm tired of him running around and paying literally no price for it, either from the league or the other team. He'd be in traction if he played as recklessly back in the day.

• Like 1

I would think Clowe would step up too if Kreider took a run at Schneider, but we don't want that lol.

This is the new NHL folks, where recklessness goes unpunished and the NHL turns a blind eye to "rising stars"

Hopefully someone sticks a knee out on him. Maybe he can think about what a cheap-ass little fairy he is from a rehab center.

Retaliating against a player for running your goalie is silly.  First, no one who does that intentionally is afraid of actually being roughed up afterwards.  So a guy like Salvador wrestles with you or you get the sweaty glove in your face, BFD.  Second, the more you retaliate, the more likely you get the penalty, which would really only encourage him to run your goalie even more.  The retaliation is what made Avery effective, but the lack of retaliation tended to get him in more trouble. 

Honestly thought kreider's hit was borderline. Definitely a penalty but not a clear suspension. It was just an awkward hit. I wouldn't have argued with maybe a game or two.

Moore's hit on the other had deserves at least 4-5 games IMO. There was clear intent there.

Edited by dmann422

Retaliating against a player for running your goalie is silly. First, no one who does that intentionally is afraid of actually being roughed up afterwards. So a guy like Salvador wrestles with you or you get the sweaty glove in your face, BFD. Second, the more you retaliate, the more likely you get the penalty, which would really only encourage him to run your goalie even more. The retaliation is what made Avery effective, but the lack of retaliation tended to get him in more trouble.

When it's Chris Kreider, it's okay. I'm hoping someone puts a bounty on that little scumbag's head.

Retaliating against a player for running your goalie is silly.  First, no one who does that intentionally is afraid of actually being roughed up afterwards.  So a guy like Salvador wrestles with you or you get the sweaty glove in your face, BFD.  Second, the more you retaliate, the more likely you get the penalty, which would really only encourage him to run your goalie even more.  The retaliation is what made Avery effective, but the lack of retaliation tended to get him in more trouble. 

Quiet provocation is what made Avery effective. He actually wasn't a super "dirty player", but would get into players' heads and make them be the ones who do something stupid.

Kreider on the other hand has only been in the league a couple years and has been involved in 6-8 VERY dangerous or potentially very dangerous incidents, and no one, not an enforcer (because there are barely any anymore) or the league is doing anything to slow his role down. Chris Kreider is a super dangerous player to allow to play the status quo. His actions almost always involve a principal player (goalies in 2-3 cases) and the resulting injuries could turn a team's season around quickly. The dude is a menace and exactly what the league has been puffing hot air about removing in this day and age. Not getting at least a game or two for last night's incident is insane to me. I think it was up to par with Moore's hit, at least.

Edited by DJ Eco

@NHLPlayerSafetyNY Rangers' John Moore has been offered an in-person hearing for an illegal check to the head of Minnesota's Erik Haula. Date and time TBD.

Not a good look for the new crew. The original call was already a bad one (as is the no-comment on Kreider), but now they're wavering and changing their tune after some Twitter comments. I'm not sure what's worse....

Reports are coming in that Vanek is being investigated for his involvement in a money laundering scheme

no way! .. you have got to wonder what some of these people are thinking when they do stupid sh!t... practically have the world by the balls with all the money they could ask for and they still fell the need to do dumb things. ...not saying he is guilty of anything obviously but just saying famous people in general.